• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone exit plan advise please

pirates_

Bluelighter
This is my second time coming off methadone. The first time i did it cold turkey and stayed sick for far too long which eventually led me back to herion. I refuse to get that screwed up again.
So what Ive been doing is using dope. The way it works in my mind is like this. It takes about 3 to 4 days for the methadone to exit out the body and about another 5 days or so for the body to get past the worst.n iI figure if i use a small amount of dope each day until the methadone has left my body, and then use less and less over the course of the next 5 days, I should be able to do a fairly fast taper off heroin using kratom to avoid heavy withdraws. I know some people hav .3e mixed feelings on kratom but my ex gf quit heroin using nothing but kratom. any thoughts im using a .3 of tar a day my methadone dose was 110

Am I reading that correctly, you plan on trying to quit methadone with dope at 110mg of methadone a day? I am sorry but I would never be able to do that as the amount of dope i would think it would take to negate the withdrawals is too high. My biggest issue with this is at that dose you will be sick for longer then 5 days, it might take 5 days for your withdrawals to peak but they wont subside for longer. What you are referring to is how long it takes for the methadone to leave your system not how long it takes to reach normal levels again.

I am not trying to discourage you if you think you can then by all means try. I would strongly suggest getting down to a low dose, my exit date is next friday at 4mg/day and i dont even want it anymore. That is the point i would stop going at when you literally do not desire to do any type of opiate for any reason, but that is just what works for me. Like literally forget to take my methadone on sunday and not be able to sleep because i straight up do not think about it until it impacts my life negatively through not being able to sleep.

Am I reading that correctly, you plan on trying to quit methadone with dope at 110mg of methadone a day? I am sorry but I would never be able to do that as the amount of dope i would think it would take to negate the withdrawals is too high. My biggest issue with this is at that dose you will be sick for longer then 5 days, it might take 5 days for your withdrawals to peak but they wont subside for longer. What you are referring to is how long it takes for the methadone to leave your system not how long it takes to reach normal levels again.

I am not trying to discourage you if you think you can then by all means try. I would strongly suggest getting down to a low dose, my exit date is next friday at 4mg/day and i dont even want it anymore. That is the point i would stop going at when you literally do not desire to do any type of opiate for any reason, but that is just what works for me. Like literally forget to take my methadone on sunday and not be able to sleep because i straight up do not think about it until it impacts my life negatively through not being able to sleep.

I guess the way I wrote this, it seems the tense is wrong. Im already on day 6 of this plan, so far .3 to .4 of tar keeps me comfortable thru out the day with a small amount of kratom. Do i feel 100 percent no, but im okay. I know im not helping my body come down to normal but methadone seems to be a lot harsher on the body, you can almost feel it linger..heroin is kind of in and out...im currently doing .15 of tar every 10-12 hours....idk..this just seems to make sense.....going from a long lasting heavy opiate to a short acting "lighter opiate" for a small amount of time then kicking with kratom...all my years using and trying to quit with methods doctors and thew iternet prefer never seem to work...i figure id try what feels right to me ya kno/

btw someone pulled a gun on me at the methadoe clinic and i got banned..the guys mom went in and made sure i got banned to..its not fair..the dcotor runs all the clinics here in the city so i cant go to the other clincs