• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone dosing question! No tolerance

ddwk21

Greenlighter
So, SWIM is a martial artist with a high metabolism and nonexistent body fat - about 155 pounds.

SWIM suffered a number of injuries this week and SWIM received two 10mg methadone pills from his friend.

The first and 2nd nights SWIM took 5 MG, 24 hours apart each - and none the third night. SWIM has no tolerance and wants to take the 2nd 10 MG, or try to break off 7.5mg - but wants to know if it is safe 36 hours after the 2nd dose of 5mg, as he's aware of Methadone's extended half life.

Thanks in advance.

** Edit: 2nd dose 38 hours ago as of noon GMT-6 (central)

Hey bud, we don't use SWIM in this forum. It will do jack squat to protect you from law enforcement.

That being said, yes, it's perfectly safe. You can stack methadone doses. I'd stretch is as far as possible if that's all you have to relieve the pain, though.

Wrong answer. Methadone is about the worst pain reliever there is in that its ultra-long halflife precludes its use for analgesia. To simplify, its analgesic properties are very short when compared to its halflife so that when a patient redoses in seeking to alleviate their pain they can quickly accumulate toxic levels of the substance. It is great for its traditional use in OST. That said, 5mg, even in an opiate naive patient, taken once a day is fine.

So when you say you are a martial artist... what exactly do you mean? You get paid to fight? It is a hobby? Are you a ninja? Just trying to figure out the relevance to you saying this in your post. Because it kind of reminds me of the movie Napoleon Dynamite, and I am waiting for you to tel us about your skills.