• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone cold turkey?

I've been on opiates for years and always had trouble staying clean. I never used herion but I was heavy into the oxy30s. I got on methadone about four years ago and since then my health has went completely downhill. I've put on weight, I cant function with any amount of energy no matter how high or low my dose is. Because of all the negative effects I desperately need to get off this stuff. I started a taper 2 months ago. I was at 149mg I dropped 5mg a week putting me on 109mg. My question is how low does your dose need to be to safely come off? I don't want to spend 8 months on a taper and be in the beginning stages of withdrawal for months. I also don't want to die coming off of it. Any insight? Please be honest.
Use a combo of kratom and dxm for like a month. You'll end up having to "detox" from the kratom and dxm at the end but it'll be nothing in comparison to the methadone. You'll most certainly have some post accute symptoms too but you can get through it.

.. I know 100 mg is a lot compared to like 10mg but in terms of withdrawal what are we talking.. Is it that much worse?
Don't do it. 100mgs methadone cold turkey after 4 years of daily use will lead to a massive amount of unnecesary suffering. It will be more brutal that you probably expect, and it will last for fucking ever. Even depending on your age, conditions, etc, it may be not only miserable beyond words, but actually dangerous.
Just don't do it or, at the very least, not on your own.