• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone clinic rapid taper

Toolbandit

Greenlighter
So after a year of daily meth maintenance I had to sign a client recovery plan for abusing amphetamines. I recently had a Vayvanse prescription but was forced to cancel it by therapist. Probably for the best. My wife still get 120 adderall a mth that we both absorb within a week or so. I'm at 83mg of liquid methadone. The taper is only one month long. If I don't get it together I'll be kicked out of clinic. I'm very Frick in worried. I quit dones cold turkey before. I couldn't function at all. Quit job, blah.. Any thoughts?

So if you test negative from here on out they won't make you taper? If that is the case I would sincerely do everything you can to just take the 'done because trust me, you will be in a WORLD of hurt for a very long time if you have to come off that fast.

Not such a thing as a rapid taper by using methadone imho.
I hope it works. It's a very difficult drug to come off of.

I can only speak for the methadone clinics in my area. When they do a rapid taper usually for people who get kicked out for dirty urine or non-compliance, they reduce you 10mg every three days, and sometimes , depending on the offense of getting the rapid taper (for example benzo use) they will automatically drop your dose in half, and then reduce 10mg every three days, and to be quite honest, I feel 10mg every three days being decreased, is a more than fair taper, I seen people getting methadone for pain, outside of the clinic, get dropped much faster and dramatically than that. I myself was kicked out of the clinic at a rapid taper of 10mg/per three days, and i only started noticing the decrease towards the end of my taper. .

an imposed taper? that doesn't make any fucking sense - people need to get clean for themselves... fascists. shouldn't be too surprised tho, the nazi's created dolophine after all/