• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone back to Oxycodone

m4_soldier

Greenlighter
Methadone vs Oxycodone

So I?ve been going to a methadone clinic for over a year now at 75mg/day. It?s been no problem at all until the VA now wants to put me back on benzos for PTSD. Anyway I?ve told the clinic I?m done with their bullshit and want out ASAP. I?ve tapered down to 40mg within a month and feel fine. I?m going on a cruise in 3 weeks and my plan is to taper down as much as possible before we leave. I plan to take plenty of oxycodone, CBD, Kratom, and whatever else I need to make through the week cruise and have a good time. So, will the oxycodone be enough to keep the methadone withdrawal at bay while I?m gone? All I read about it horror stories of how long methadone withdrawal last and to be honest I?d rather go back to oxycodone and taper off that instead. Any suggestions or ideas?

Last edited:
Shit I hope you are allowed to bring all that stuff on the cruise. Imagine being denied once you get there, that will be one bad cruise ride and a waste of money. I?d imagine to have a ?good time? would be equivalent to about 120-180 mgs a day of oxy if not more, especially after methadone tolerance. Multiply that by 7 days and that?s around 1,000 mgs

There's no scientific or medical way of putting this. What you're planning is not a good idea. You don't want to plan an expensive vacation around the phenomenon of Methadone withdrawal. You also have the legal issues surrounding bringing all of these substances with you on board the ship from port to port that should really worry you. I don't mean to be a dick in saying this and believe it or not, I always try to refrain from being a dick here on the forums, but comfort and cruises are not our thing. We deal only with Harm Reduction here. You're trying to figure out something that would be considered outside the bounds of basic HR by planning a cruise and deciding which drugs will be needed to make the cruise fun and enjoyable. I'm not closing this right now so you can briefly rebut with a question or two, but that's basically the gist of this thread.

Well I came off th me methadone much sooner than expected. I now go to sub clinic so I?ll have a script for what I take on board. That doesn?t matter cause last years cruise I took 100 methadone on board. They don?t check. Then just went back to the clinic afterwards. Gorilla was spot on, it took 180mg of oxy to get me till I could get in the new clinic. Thank y?all.

As long as you have a valid prescription for your meds, you shouldn't have an issue boarding the cruise ship. Imagine all the people who need to bring medications with them and consider many are of the elderly set who have multiple meds. I'm glad you've got everything sorted and hope you have a nice trip! :)