• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone and Zoloft

love9811

Greenlighter
Hi. I'm new here and I am on 50mgs of Zoloft daily just started 1 1/2 seems ago. I've been so tired lately and I took 20mgs of methadone about 2 hours after my Zoloft. Well then I decided to look it up to see if there's any bad reactions and of course now the internet and my anxiety has me scared I'm gonna die today now. I also read that the people who have bad reactions and have died from it was bc they had very high doses of both. Do y'all think I'll be okay with the dose I took?

Won't ever be mixing this ever again. I just wanted a lil energy boost today. I'm am idiot.

???

Hi, welcome to Bluelight! No, you're not an idiot but it would have been better to ask first before taking methadone. I'm assuming that it was not prescribed. Methadone would likely make you feel more tired and not give you an energy boost. How are you doing now? If you experience symptoms like heart palpitations, shortness of breath, or dizziness, you may want to seek medical attention.

Na nothing particularly dangerous but you gotta do your research before taking any pills no matter what please be safe people . And damn did you choose a random pill to take ! Methadone be careful it lasts a long time and is very strong

No it wasn't randomn....just like the feeling it gives me and needed some dang energy lol.

Normally I do check prior to but Idk why I didn't yesterday..always been to scared to come online and ask.

I was prescribed Zoloft and it made me nauseated and for some reason, sleepy. I'm glad you're okay.

Idk all the rules for the site. Been trying to read them. Hopefully I can't get in trouble for posting that question.

Thanks for responding to me. I didn't think anyone would. It's weird I read online people are prescribed both of those meds which I don't understand if it's not good to take together.

i was prescribed both at the same time, you are good to go. ended up tossing the Zoloft in the garbage, too many side effects. in the future please do your homework first. we got enough people in the Shrine here....

You will be fine. The interaction between these two medications is minimal, although they do act on the same systems of enzymes. Many SSRI's will potentiate the effects of Methadone through said enzyme activity, but I'm only aware of one, namely Fluvoxamine (Luvox) that is actually capable of causing realy problems. The others' potentiation is negligible, both according to what I've read and what I've experienced.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Greatly appreciated. When I looked it up online it pulled up stories of people dying from taking those together and I was just like omg....thats it I'm done for. I'm gonna be dead when everyone gets home. Will def research next time PRIOR to mixing.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Greatly appreciated. When I looked it up online it pulled up stories of people dying from taking those together and I was just like omg....thats it I'm done for. I'm gonna be dead when everyone gets home. Will def research next time PRIOR to mixing.

Good for you for wanting to do the proper research before experimenting with drugs. You should always be cautious, but this combination shouldn't be overly dangerous. The people that you've read about who died by the combination are definitely statistical outliers. There are certain medications that carry warnings, for instance, I was on Citalopram (Selexa) and Methadone simultaneous, but was taken off as there was a risk of QT interval interference with my heart. It still wasn't considered especially dangerous, it was just decided that we should probably pick a different SSRI.