• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone and suboxone.

Opana313

Bluelighter
Sorry if this has been answered before..

I have been taking vicodin and Roxi's but just obtained a decent amount of subs and one 10mg methadone.

My question is: tomorrow if I decide to take my 10mg methadone, would I be safe to take a small quarter of my suboxone in the afternoon or late that night or will I get thrown into precipitated WD? It's my main concern any help will vs appreciated.

As far as I understand so you need to wait until you're in withdrawals to take the subs or you'll experience at least some precipitated withdrawal unfortunately. It's due to the partial agonistic buprenorphine kicking the full agonists out of the receptors leading to a sudden decrease in mu opioid activity. There's little around that, some are titrating very slowly from like 0.5mg bupe but Im not sure whether this fully avoids withdrawal.

Last edited:
It's highly likely you get the dreaded PAWS. IMO the bernise method should only be carried out in a medical setting.

So if I'm on methadone..just wait until the next day to do a low dose sub like 1mg maybe 2mg of subs or should I just wait until I feel withdrawal a day or 2 later after taking the mdone?

Shit can I do a methadone and once I feel it has withered away with effects/buzz, could I go ahead with the suboxone? Or is that asking for trouble?

No if you're physically dependent on methadone you need to wait days before taking the sub ot you'll get PWS. How long you been taking methadone? If you stopped opiates suddenly would you go into withdrawal? If so you definitely need to wait until you're in sufficient withdrawal. There's a checklist online I'll did it out soon

Please put the pub down, you need to feel fulblown opiates WD before taking sub.

Yes would be in WD if I don't have an opioid in the morning..

No I do not take methadone, haven't taken them in years but recently acquired one.

Subs are just something I have on deck to save my ass from WD. Actually took some days off from it so i could feel my Roxi's(had like 2 handfuls of legit 30s) it's been a good week but I want to save the last 12 that I have so my plan was to wake up tomorrow and pop my 10mg methadone, enjoy the day, and add a 1mg or 2mg piece of my sub tab to either keep my head & things in a good mood/place. But I guess I might have to wait until Saturday morning until I reach for the sub?

Yes would be in WD if I don't have an opioid in the morning..

No I do not take methadone, haven't taken them in years but recently acquired one.

Subs are just something I have on deck to save my ass from WD. Actually took some days off from it so i could feel my Roxi's(had like 2 handfuls of legit 30s) it's been a good week but I want to save the last 12 that I have so my plan was to wake up tomorrow and pop my 10mg methadone, enjoy the day, and add a 1mg or 2mg piece of my sub tab to either keep my head & things in a good mood/place. But I guess I might have to wait until Saturday morning until I reach for the sub?
Yeah you need to wait until you're sufficiently rattling before taking subs. If you take it while you're still well, it'll throw you into the worst withdrawal you've ever had. How did you get on? I'm interested.

Yeah so I never took the methadone instead got myself pretty well fucked up into precipitated WD by accident..I usually can wait about 24hours after last oxy but I guess that is not the case any more. Pretty bad last couple of days due to me taking my sub a bit too early or maybe not dosing enough. Fucking sucks. Really at a loss back into that cold feeling of this sickness will never leave me/how in the hell will I ever kick subs in the future. Definitely not fun and not easy.

How did I get on? Well I started on pain meds recreationally a very very long time ago and has always been my jam..seems to always carry the vitality that I crave(only to end up worse off when I run out, really need to find a better balance with sobriety). But as far as how did I get on subs? Maybe a year ago I finally tried a small amount about a quarter of a 8mg pill or at the very most half, which hasn't changed except the fact that I have accepted suboxone to be a regular daily exercise now..nothing I take is prescribed. I would love to go to the doctor and get what I really need which would probably be just xanax but those fuckers don't care about my real needs last time they gave me 12 peaches and then wanted to start me on effexor FUCK THAT. Just wish I had the strength to say the same thing to oxy, or subs.

All in all I feel that hydrocodone is probably the best thing to take when I want or need to use because I can pretty much bounce back without the need for subs..

Yeah so I never took the methadone instead got myself pretty well fucked up into precipitated WD by accident..I usually can wait about 24hours after last oxy but I guess that is not the case any more. Pretty bad last couple of days due to me taking my sub a bit too early or maybe not dosing enough. Fucking sucks. Really at a loss back into that cold feeling of this sickness will never leave me/how in the hell will I ever kick subs in the future. Definitely not fun and not easy.

How did I get on? Well I started on pain meds recreationally a very very long time ago and has always been my jam..seems to always carry the vitality that I crave(only to end up worse off when I run out, really need to find a better balance with sobriety). But as far as how did I get on subs? Maybe a year ago I finally tried a small amount about a quarter of a 8mg pill or at the very most half, which hasn't changed except the fact that I have accepted suboxone to be a regular daily exercise now..nothing I take is prescribed. I would love to go to the doctor and get what I really need which would probably be just xanax but those fuckers don't care about my real needs last time they gave me 12 peaches and then wanted to start me on effexor FUCK THAT. Just wish I had the strength to say the same thing to oxy, or subs.

All in all I feel that hydrocodone is probably the best thing to take when I want or need to use because I can pretty much bounce back without the need for subs..
I’m answer to your question of “how will I get off subs?”, the answer is, SLOWLY. You can quite easily lower yourself gently with them due to how long they last in your system just as long as (and this is fucking crucial to any recovery) you’re committed. When I came off of subutex I certainly used a fair whack of Xanax and diazepam a day to help which actually shot me into a short lived manic episode but it was very doable. Think I jumped off of sub at about 0.4- 1mg (was 10 years ago now so a bit hazy).

Doesn’t really sound like you want to stop opioids at present though so maybe just manage yourself in as safe a way as poss u til you are? All the best though fella, the life ain’t easy.

I have heard some say you can start doing a tiny bupe and simply overpower the shit out of it with extra opioids, but I'd suggest just toughing it out. The last thing you want is methadone of you're not prescribed it. At 24hours, you should have been good to go, so are you sure your supply is clean and tested? oxycodone and hydrocodone have relatively short half-lives, so at 24 hours the sub should have helped. If your stuff is pure, then you simply didn't take enough Suboxone. I've needed up to 32 mg on day 1 (of starting induction). I see people on this forum who insists that 2 mg is plenty but it's really not. 2mg is plenty when youve tapered down over 8 or 9 days and are trying a jump after that.

Fentanyl builds up in your fat, and my doc said some people have to go 72 hours. Maybe it wasn't fent, but maybe you had something that was building up in your fat tissues. you should have been really close to being good to go and the PWD should have alleviated within an hour or two if you were at the 24-hour mark.