• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone and Fentanyl

Ace1987

Greenlighter
If someone were on a methadone macitence program taking 100mg methadone liquid per day, and happens to spill or lose his doses for the week, would a 25mcg/h fentanyl patch if used as directed keep them from being sick?

I do not think that my first choice after an Accident would be to jump back to the substance I was trying to get Off when I had the accident??
I would go to my clinic and tell the truth, ask for a replacement, and be Much more careful!!
Just a thought.
Methadone would be the best bet to look for some how some way First, then maybe codine, but Fentanyl??? wow, a Bazooka to kill a fly, yes a very anoing and painful fly!!

I'm on 65 mg of methadone , I missed the clinic on Tuesday one day so I didnt see my doctor until Thursday , well I used a 50 Mcg/h patch , so a 5mg fent patch and it held me fine for two days , I didn't get high ..just no withdrawal

Technically you'd need a 75mcg/hr patch for an equianalgesic dose of 100mg/day of methadone. A 25mcg/hr patch will help incredibly but might not entirely hold you over. Far better than nothing.

Last edited:
I think that the receptor binding strength of the methadone in this case may keep the fentanyl from being effective especially at that dose, trans-dermal.

I believe it will help keep your symptoms from getting out of control, but I don't think it will completely hold you. I still think that using the patch as it is intended is the best course. I think longevity is much more important than potency in this situation. Do be careful with that Methadone man, you know they'll yank that shit over anything at all.