• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone and Clonazepam

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So I have a minor opiate tolerance, 45mgs oxy gets me a good high. How much would I need to get a nod but not to strong of one since I injested 4 mg klonopin a few hours ago? I know all about 'Done potency and long half life as well.
So what's a safe dosage of methadone should i take? They are 10mg pills by the way

First off, mixing benzos and methadone is quite dangerous! I wouldnt dose methadone, until the klonnies are out of your system. That being said, its difficult to compare methadone to other opiates, but generally, methadone is 2-4x the strength of oxycodone, when taken orally. I would start at 10mg, and tritate your way up.. be safe.

- Hopeless

I'm going to take the Methadone regardless of the klonopins in my system. But I'll stick to 10mg. And how long does it take to kick in? And how long will it last?

EDIT: the 4mg clonazepam I took 4 hours ago has me feeling calm, anxiety free, confident etc. But I'm in no way feeling sloppy. Would taking 10mg of methadone really put me in danger of death? I just want to nod a little. But all I keep reading is how deadly methadone and benzos are..

Methadone and benzos are already dangerous, but methadone and clonazepam seems even more so because of how long they both last in your system. It can lead you to thinking you don't feel much anymore when in reality you might be quite intoxicated, which leads to taking more and more chasing a half-assed synthetic opioid high with not too much euphoria but a lot of respiratory depression. The risk of combined drug overdose is high, please tread carefully.

ovo1024, we sorta had this talk yesterday. You seem to be pretty librial with your tolerance and usage of clonazepam. I am against it due to lack of information on dosages, your level of tolerance among other things. Do you understand half life's? There is potentionally clonazepam in your system from yesterday, plus what you took today. 4mg, will say 24 hours ago, that has a half life of 30-40 hrs, according to www.drugs.com . So right now you have 6mg or more clonazepam, not including however long you've been taking the drug. The dangers have been provided to you. Your dosing is not considered entirely safe or real HR.

Last edited:
I decided to re open this thread. The point I want to make is, you're mixing different drugs, with different half lives, I'm assuming daily. You need to consider that there are different levels of different central nervous system depressants, circulating in your system. Granted, you have a tolerance, but now you are using a combination that you are not used to. Study the facts, or this isn't harm reduction.

I decided to re open this thread. The point I want to make is, you're mixing different drugs, with different half lives, I'm assuming daily. You need to consider that there are different levels of different central nervous system depressants, circulating in your system. Granted, you have a tolerance, but now you are using a combination that you are not used to. Study the facts, or this isn't harm reduction.

SpeedKing thank you for reopening, also no I don't mix opiates and benzos daily, nor do I take either one separately daily. I just have abused each drug for years but no more then once or twice in week (of either) my main question is I took 4mg clonazepam 8 hours ago, and took 10mg methadone 30 mins ago. (it's my first time taking methadone) I usually take 120mg morphine orally for a good high. So my MAIN QUESTION am I in any real risk of danger by what I took? Or am I freaking myself out?

I found a conversion that said in the 120mg to 299mg morphine dose the conversion is 8 mg morphine to 1 mg of methadone. Pay attention to your vitals and get someone to watch you. I have to consult some people. i don't think it kicks in that fast. I'm finding out right now.

Are you there? How do you feel? I would call the hospital now and tell them what happened. This is the wrong drug to take a chance with. I suggest you call now

I'm here just smoked some bud actually, I feel stoned and a, little high but haven't nodded out once so far you are trippin me out dude lol so I technically took 80mg morphine? I'm confused

I'm not trying to trip you out. It's a different kind of drug, that varies from person to person. I only want you to be safe. I'm on the Internet. There are too many factors to allow me to assume. If it's nothing, so be it. I would rather you be safe.

Yeah, we're not being alarmist telling you to be careful mixing methadone and clonazepam. Although that combination at that dosage doesn't even make you nod due to your tolerance, that same combo can be fatal to someone with low tolerance.

The HR advice given on Bluelight is usually done so to help the community at large, not just one person. So when you see warnings like that, don't take them too personally if they don't apply to you.

Well its been 14 hours since I took the methadone still kinda high actually lol. When am I safe to take benzos?

Well its been 14 hours since I took the methadone still kinda high actually lol. When am I safe to take benzos?

To be on the safe side you have to wait 6-7 half lifes, methadone hl is 7-64 hours. Iirc the average is 36 hours, so 1 1/2 days. So you have to wait around 9 days till the methadone is more or less out of your system. Then you are safe to take a benzo.

9 days lol I'm sure you could take some a day or two after taking 10mg methadone.

9 days lol I'm sure you could take some a day or two after taking 10mg methadone.

Sure you can, but this is a harm reduction forum, so for the sake of harm reduction one should wait till one drug is out of the system before taking another one.

As you know mixing CNS depressants like opioids and benzos can result in increased respiratory depression and can kill you easily.

I know you have a tolerance, but even people with tolerance can die due to this combination, just takea llook at The Shrine.

If you insist on combining both wait as long as possible, start extremely low and have someone around just in case you OD.

I'm here just smoked some bud actually, I feel stoned and a, little high but haven't nodded out once so far you are trippin me out dude lol so I technically took 80mg morphine? I'm confused

if you took 120 mg of morphine that is equivalent to 15mg of methadone not 80. if what the guy said to you about 8mg of morphine being equivalent to 1mg of methadone

you are actually taking more opiates with the 120mg of morphine rather than the 10 mg of the methadone considering that 15mg of methadone would equal 120mgs of morphine. because this is the first time your using methadone and if you take 4 mgs of kpins regularly... i would start with taking 2 or 3 mg of kpins with the meth first. but only if your a regualar user of that much kpins.

i am a regular methadone user and an occasional kpin user so my advice is based on my experience. just dont ever mix xanax with methadone,even though its also in the benzo family it is extremely more potent than kpins and interacts completely differently when mixed with opiates and alcohol than mixing kpins with meth. that is where the high numbers of OD's are mainly coming from. if you want you can message me again with any other questions.