• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone And Alcohol

Lol my dude you are talking to me like I'm s little kid. I'm asking for opinions I don't need a I'll lecture or to try n be scared. I simply wanted to know what people thought lol

I've been on methadone for over a year my dose is 109mg and up until last week I was drinking a liter of vodka a night. I'm now suffering from diminished lung capacity and adima I'm retaining over 100 Pounds of water because my liver can't handle it...... If I had stuck to to a couple nips bro I'd be fine.

I'm gonna go against the grain a bit here. Give your body some time to adjust to the methadone. A couple more months. I'm sure if you had ONE or TWO drinks you would be fine. Just don't over do it, or yes you could die.

I used to drink like that on suboxone and I was always OKAY. Suboxone is not methadone though, with methadone being a full agonist, it is probably a bit more dangerous.

Like you might expect OP, these scenarios rarely follow a path of sudden, spontaneous death. The people who are truly in danger are the ones who have no control. Someone with a serious drinking problem, say, 20+ drinks a day, they are walking a dangerous line. You are very right to be cautious regarding this process, but you are not likely to just drop dead from having a few drinks.

If you can enjoy Alcohol and not get overly intoxicated, it can be a great social lubricant and it can be a habit similar to smoking. You get out of work, you've gotta have a couple drinks to unwind. If this is the case, I say more power to you. The human body is capable of metabolizing small amounts of Alcohol without issue, but Alcohol misuse in the extreme is, in my opinion, the most serious scourge on the planet.

I live in Burlington, VT currently. We attract a lot of homeless due to the easy access to benefits and such. I walk by them every day drinking 12% abv beers in the freezing cold. Doing nothing. Some of the clearly have wet brain and are no longer truly, fully human. Fuck Alcohol and sorry for the diatribe.

I'm from Finland and on 70mg I was alcoholic so my tolerance is sky high still and I drink 18-24 beers when I drink what I noticed I can't feel the alcohol effect to start so much been taking xanax too 2-6mgs and effect on that is passing out but methadone still feels in the mornings.