• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone and Alcohol if User is Oxy/Alco tolerant?

sybil.vane

Greenlighter
Hi,
I usually drink two bottles of wine a day and sometimes take oxy, to get high I need about 240-300mg of oxycodone. Now since oxy is not as easy to get, i acquired some methadone.

Is it safe for me to drink on methadone when I know the combination of alcohol and oxy is fine with me?

And more, how much methadone would You require to get high on par with 240mg oxycodone dose? I started with 15mg, is it silly?

Fuck. Things become significantly more blurry when dealing with such high dosages. I'm going to grab some research and be back in about 25 minutes. Methadone, unlike Oxycodone, effects people in radically different ways due to differences in inherent physiology from person to person. Even if we were to use a standard Opioid dosage converter, if say, you had a less productive level of enzyme activity, the "standard" conversion could easily kill you. Especially considering you drink Alcohol.

Please wait. I'm at the office right now but I'll be back shortly.

Fuck. Things become significantly more blurry when dealing with such high dosages. I'm going to grab some research and be back in about 25 minutes. Methadone, unlike Oxycodone, effects people in radically different ways due to differences in inherent physiology from person to person. Even if we were to use a standard Opioid dosage converter, if say, you had a less productive level of enzyme activity, the "standard" conversion could easily kill you. Especially considering you drink Alcohol.

Please wait. I'm at the office right now but I'll be back shortly.

Ok. At 17.45 I ate initial dose, forementioned 15mg, 90 minutes later I ate another 10mg and had a glass of wine. For now I am putting the alcohol away. Looking forward for your reply.

I was probably mistaken by reading about lot of people having 300mg methadone per day with xanax and beer maybe, but I am not an opioid beginner, and I have tolerance mentioned in the first post.

I'd be very careful; what Kief said makes a lot of sense, cos with methadone, everything is complex, the dose, the effects, etc. are so diverse, situational, etc. that's it's a very hard call to say "yes safe" or "no not safe".

Esp. because I find that methadone "creeps" up on you, and 3 or 3.5 hours later - BAM! You get full effects of a high dose (at least that's what happens when me, myself and Magdalane consume methadone orally).

Mixing CNS depressants is obviously dangerous, but I'd wager that it'd be safer to use (low dose) benzo's with methadone than alcohol. Considering your not an opioid newbie, maybe it'd be ok, but it depends; are you new to methadone? If new to methadone, I'd wait at least 2 or 3 hours before re-dosing, and knowing then that the effects of the two doses may still be creeping up on you, and to be aware of that.

Hope ya ok!

- Pica