• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone and alchohol

justtakethat

Bluelighter
I took 10mg of methadone yestwrday and 10 today and 10 the day before that so thats 3 days in a row but then im quittinf for no withdrawals. Will i be good taking like 1 shot tonight of rum?

I took 10mg of methadone yestwrday and 10 today and 10 the day before that so thats 3 days in a row but then im quittinf for no withdrawals. Will i be good taking like 1 shot tonight of rum?
yeah id say as long as your not feeling the methadone.

Methadone has a very long half-life, anywhere between 8 to 59 hours, but usually is on average about 36 hours.
so around that time you will still have 50%.
i would say skip the shot
1 shot isn't gonna do shit anyway on methadone or sober why risk it?

I desided to drink about 3 swallows of wine wimhich orobably equates to a shot and i didnt reallu feel much alchohol effects at all but also it aeemed to kick in the methadone pretty good every omce in a while i forgor to mention i took roughly 37mgs of hydroxzine. Im not nodding really or uncontrollably but sometimes it gets hard to read what can i do to help get the achohol out for before i go to bed, i also get bad anxiett and am having it right now.

dont mix alcohol and methadone. also use extreme caution if you mix benzos with methadone. this can be deadly.

Update, last night was pretty awsome lol not dangerous at all i just have anxiety. I took the methadone at 740 (earlier than the previous days dose by about 8 hours to accumulate them) and a small half glass in total of wine and it really kicked in the nods. I was nodding every couplw minutes and waa trying to stay awake. After the alchohol wore off i could tell my breathing was fine and went to bed extremely recomended to bring the nods back.
No more than a glass or 2 shots tho

Alcohol would always make me go into WD a couple hours early while on maintenance

The night described above had no eithdrawl effects because im not addicted and dont get addicted. But if anyones done high is really coming down than 1 shot will probably be fine. It was fine for me and i took the max amount of done i could handle naseua wise and some hydroxyzine