• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methadone & alcohol. how safe is it?

smegk

Greenlighter
wondering if someone take 105 milligrams of methadone at about 6 am can they drink later that evening? i know the science says it's 100% dangerous but i want to hear someone else's real experiences or opinions on it. please help

Questions like this are difficult to answer as like you said the science is 100% dangerous. The problem is while I'm sure people have mixed strong opiates and booze and been ok, plenty of people have mixed them and ended up seriously sick or dead.

Are you taking that dose daily for pain/maintenance and when you say drink are you talking a couple of beers or are you wanting to get pissed up? You might get some more replies if you can give that info. Have a good one

Mixing the two is extremely dangerous due to methadone's long half-life, which is made worse by its accumulation in your system due to repeated daily doses.

Mixing methadone with alcohol or benzos is a great way to accidentally end up dead, there are just too many variables that it's not worth the risk. Given that alcohol lowers inhibition and commonly leads to even more drinking, you could find yourself in a dangerous situation even if you didn't intend to.

OP, please avoid making duplicate identical posts in the future. We try to give equal creedence and exposure to each thread, so when somebody makes two identical posts to increase their exposure, it has the potential to rob that exposure from some of your Bluelight peers. Also, it typically won't get you better results. Typically, if we see a thread that we feel we can contribute to meaningfully, we will.

Before I close this, as I said in your other thread, this combination is contraindicated. It's largely dependent upon your tolerance, but considering the large dose of Methadone you've taken, it could be up to 36 hours before you can safely use other CNS depressants. You just shouldn't do it.

Closed.