• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Meth

Purple696

Greenlighter
What is the best way to learn to actually hit a vein consistantly? I can hit every once ina while, but im doing more damage then i am the drugs

By pumping your aim a few times and then touching the hand to find a vein. After that put your hand on 75 degree and then put the needle in almost horizontally. After you do it successfully a few times youve basically became a master at it

What is the best way to learn to actually hit a vein consistantly? I can hit every once ina while, but im doing more damage then i am the drugs

First, if you are using meth regularly you are faced with two problems.

1. Meth causes vasoconstriction which narrows the veins to the point where they simply cannot be detected or hit. IV users know that more many people you cannot get a second shot in after the first one causes all your veins to shrink.

2. Meth will collapse or produce scarring that occludes every vein you use regularly. Especially if you use really concetrated/thick shots. Once this happens those veins will be practically impossible to hit ever again. It's confusing becuase you can still feel them but that is just the scarring/wall thickening caused by the meth as it goes through.

After 12 months of shooting meth 2-3 times a week (usually in binges lasting 2 days and trying to re-hit ever 4-6 hours) the veins in my elbows and wrists were totally gone. Even the doctor can't tap them when I need to give a blood sample.

For what it's worth, thisis one of the best IV harm reduction guides I've seen. It includes a section on finding veins: https://harmreduction.org/issues/safer-drug-use/injection-safety-manual/safer-injection-basics/

One thing people do do is start tryng to hit deeper veins (like in the forearm) using bigger needles. I even had a friend buy a little electronic gadget that detected exactly where his deep veins were. But eventually, they'll just get as fucked as the ones closer to the surface and then you are really screwed because right now your body is using those deeper ones to work around all thecollapsed ones near the surface.

Just wanted to help. Thought you were new to IVing. :ROFLMAO: No need to get on dat narcissism when a person literally tries to help you :poop:
Well, you are a bit wrong in terms of best practice, even if your method works for you. An IV injection should normally go in at an angle of about 25 degrees. Any shallower than that and you’ll be skin popping not IV’ing. But it does depend a little bit on the vein. If it’s a big whopper that bulges above the skin anyway you might be able to reduce the angle a little.

First, if you are using meth regularly you are faced with two problems.

1. Meth causes vasoconstriction which narrows the veins to the point where they simply cannot be detected or hit. IV users know that more many people you cannot get a second shot in after the first one causes all your veins to shrink.

2. Meth will collapse or produce scarring that occludes every vein you use regularly. Especially if you use really concetrated/thick shots. Once this happens those veins will be practically impossible to hit ever again. It's confusing becuase you can still feel them but that is just the scarring/wall thickening caused by the meth as it goes through.

After 12 months of shooting meth 2-3 times a week (usually in binges lasting 2 days and trying to re-hit ever 4-6 hours) the veins in my elbows and wrists were totally gone. Even the doctor can't tap them when I need to give a blood sample.

For what it's worth, thisis one of the best IV harm reduction guides I've seen. It includes a section on finding veins: https://harmreduction.org/issues/safer-drug-use/injection-safety-manual/safer-injection-basics/

One thing people do do is start tryng to hit deeper veins (like in the forearm) using bigger needles. I even had a friend buy a little electronic gadget that detected exactly where his deep veins were. But eventually, they'll just get as fucked as the ones closer to the surface and then you are really screwed because right now your body is using those deeper ones to work around all thecollapsed ones near the surface.
Thankyou