• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Meth

immapatsy

Greenlighter
!!in need of advice!!
So I made a ROOKIE mistake that I've never done in my 11 years of being on the rig. But last night I couldn't hit at all and got frustrated and my hands were shaking from the shots of ice I've been doing and staying up. So In my twacked out state I found one on my forearm and I hit BUT I SHOT UP GOING TOWARDS MY WRIST instead of towards my heart. The way the blood runs. And the shot was THICK. And I didn't miss. But now I have a huge lump raised up about 3 inches across and significantly raised. It doesn't hurt but I've never in my career of use ever done that so I'd like to hear what I could be expecting, watch out for, and what I can do. Thank y'all

IF it doesn't hurt, and IF it doesn't start to feel warm, and IF it doesn't start to get bigger, and IF it doesn't look like it's getting infected then you MIGHT have lucked out.

Pain is your friend in these situations. Pain will alert you that you need to go have it looked at. Lie if you have to but they know what happened. So just go and get it looked at if it changes at all.

And for God's sake have someone help you when your " hands are shaking from all the shots of ice you have been doing and probably haven't slept for days. ". You have been shooting up for 11 years. If you want to keep your limbs intact I suggest snorting when you are incapable of injecting properly. Hope it just stays a bump.

IF it doesn't hurt, and IF it doesn't start to feel warm, and IF it doesn't start to get bigger, and IF it doesn't look like it's getting infected then you MIGHT have lucked out.

Pain is your friend in these situations. Pain will alert you that you need to go have it looked at. Lie if you have to but they know what happened. So just go and get it looked at if it changes at all.

And for God's sake have someone help you when your " hands are shaking from all the shots of ice you have been doing and probably haven't slept for days. ". You have been shooting up for 11 years. If you want to keep your limbs intact I suggest snorting when you are incapable of injecting properly. Hope it just stays a bump.
But my thing is like literally RIGHT after I did it it started swelling. But I no for a fact I didn't miss because it didn't burn like it missed. It felt like it always did when I'd make my shot too thick. I have some antibiotics from when I had staph should I take them? I'm just trying to figure out why it looks like a BAD miss. I mean I know I shot up in the wrong direction but idk. Thank you for your response. I appreciate it

From what you describe it is likely that you injected towards a valve. A corrosive shot like meth will quickly damage a venous valve and possibly result in superficial thrombosis (clotting) and blockage. The risk of the clot dislodging and flowing through your vein to somewhere it can cause real damage is significant (complications include deep-vein thrombosis, stroke, or cardiac damage). You need to see a doctor for a scan and possibly take anti-clotting agents for it to heal. You are at risk both from the clot and potential infection.

If for whatever reason you decline to see a doctor, a continual warm compress, an NSAID like aspirin or ibuoprofen and keeping the limb elevated is the best thing to do (and no further injections in that area and preferably no further meth because the resulting vasoconstriction could make things worse). If it hasn't killed you or gotten worse in 2 weeks you are probably ok.