• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth

Marji

Greenlighter
Is it possible to be immune to meth? Maybe my meds block it? I’m still addicted bc I am obsessed with the burn. Stupid I know! 🤷🏽‍♀️

All drugs effect people differently.

I'm on high doses of a mood stabilizer and antipsychotic and can feel meth still.

Have you always felt like you were immune, or is this just a recent phenomenon?

What meds are you on? That could definately effect your ability to get high.

When you say "obsessed with the burn" are you reffering to the feeling in your chest from a good shot?

I'm on high doses of a mood stabilizer and antipsychotic and can feel meth still.

Well I’ve been on antipsychotics for maybe ten years now. About the same time I went to meth. So it’s alwaya been like this.

When you say "obsessed with the burn" are you reffering to the feeling in your chest from a good shot?
I’m on Effexor 225mg, Vraylar 150mg and Limictal 300mg.
And I snort it mostly and the burn like my face is gonna fall off I love

So if this started just as you started with antipsychotics, how would we know?

I'm on two of the three meds you're on, and can feel meth fine. HBU @tracedwards313

But like I said, it effects everyone differently.

I’m still addicted bc I am obsessed with the burn. Stupid I know! 🤷🏽‍♀️

Oh man, I thought I was the only one. When I used to do meth years ago it was always insufflated and I was obsessed with the burn. It felt so good.
In fact, I loved it so much that I picked up a .2 two weekends in a row after I "quit" just to snort a little bump for the burn. Glad to know I'm not the only one. ;)

Fuuuuck, I still remember.....snort a line, the burn hits.....light a smoke.....take a shot of gin. Soooo goooood. Quit two of those three now. ;)

Oh man, I thought I was the only one. When I used to do meth years ago it was always insufflated and I was obsessed with the burn. It felt so good.
In fact, I loved it so much that I picked up a .2 two weekends in a row after I "quit" just to snort a little bump for the burn. Glad to know I'm not the only one. ;)

Fuuuuck, I still remember.....snort a line, the burn hits.....light a smoke.....take a shot of gin. Soooo goooood. Quit two of those three now. ;)
I never heard of anyone loving the burn too. Did u get high from it? Bc I don’t.

I’m on Effexor limictal and vraylar. And I snort it. I like the burn like my face is gonna fall off

I think I was always like this. I have been a polysubstance user til recently and nothing is felt.

@Marji I can only guess, how many times have you used meth, ever?

Is quality an issue?

There are to many variables I dont know about to narrow it down. But I have never met or heard of anyone who is naturally immune to meth.

Meth causing a lackluster high is usually due to meds, quality, tolerance or abuse of other drugs.

Is must be my meds. They are antipsychotics. Theee of them.
ive been doing meth for around 10 years. Had clean time a couple times and periods where I was caught up into other drugs. Past two years has been everyday. I’d say about a 50-100 bag a day.

At the very least marji, you are om some pretty serious antipsychotic drugs. High-doses of antipsychotics like Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) classically have been used to abort mania and psychosis common in stimulant overdose.

Secondly, anything is possible. I've heard experiences like youra described before, but it is definitely uncommon to be "immune" to the effects of a drug like Methamphetamine.

That sounds like you just have built a crazy high tolerance. You can only use so much meth before it stops effecting you.

I have been using meth for about 10 years and Now its just making me feel like shit, like really bad , have some crazy things going on , and been in the bed for over a week now , yet still trying to do the meth within hopes it will work ,, but nothing is working , plus i have lupus , could that be part of it , idk but it sucks ... I just want to feel good again and be up not down ...

At the very least marji, you are om some pretty serious antipsychotic drugs. High-doses of antipsychotics like Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) classically have been used to abort mania and psychosis common in stimulant overdose.

Secondly, anything is possible. I've heard experiences like youra described before, but it is definitely uncommon to be "immune" to the effects of a drug like Methamphetamine.

Someone was explaining to me in another thread that meth has effects via two neurotransmitters: norepinephrine (responsible for stimulation) and dopamine (responsible for euphoria). Some anti-psychotics (Abilify in my case) seem to impact the dopamine system meaning no euphoria from meth while still allowing it to stimulate you (and allow pro-sexual effects). But this does not result in feeling of immunity - you still know you’ve taken it and feel energised and have crashes afterwards. I don’t know if the OP’s cocktail of drugs impacts norepinephrine as well as dopamine but I’d say that’s what is killing the euphoria.

I have been using meth for about 10 years and Now its just making me feel like shit, like really bad , have some crazy things going on , and been in the bed for over a week now , yet still trying to do the meth within hopes it will work ,, but nothing is working , plus i have lupus , could that be part of it , idk but it sucks ... I just want to feel good again and be up not down ...

What you're describing is pretty typical. This phenomenon occurs with essentially all substances that I know of. People become tolerant to the effects and the experience undoubtedly is nothing like it was when you first started using. Most Opioid addicts will tell you that they no longer "get high"; they only use to keep withdrawal at bay. To that end, the experience of enduring severe withdrawal and then ending it can be a transcendent experience in its own unique way.