• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth

Maddcat!

Greenlighter
Quitting: treating withdrawal symptom (Akathisia)! I have stopped and started and stopped and started usually go about a year at a time. The first time I quit I went through with drawl symptoms from mouth and morphine at the same time it was Trumatic a week long. The second time I basically used math primarily and it barely did anything other than make me feel normal for eight months or longer I just really try to quit for 36 months I could not tolerate But akathisia want to jump out of my skin that would start on day three for sure. My only idea of treatment is a blood pressure pill that they use for symptoms from the medication side effects. Anyways I had Quit finally because I took a fist full of Xanax blacked out went to jail slept through it till I was sober for months Till last week. So I’m just wondering how quick I’m gonna be in that shape or if I can avoid it because I’ve got another eight ball Plus a ticket to do yet.

I think pretty much anytime you get ack on meth it's going to be a struggle to get off of it. The biggest difference will likely be that each time you quit after the very first time you know what the immediate future is going to be like

OP, I'm not condescending to you at all here. I believe you're asking questions for which there really are not any good answers. We can't tell you how many days, weeks or months A B or C are going to happen. You know what has happened before. If you don't want to deal with the terrible akathisia, you should not repeat this process again. The question "how long until I'm in that shape again".

You need to read about something call the Kindling Effect or Phenomenon. Essentially, each time someone dependent upon a drug becomes physically dependent and withdraws from said drug, the next instance of dependence will begin sooner, be stronger, faster and be more traumatic to get over than the previous. These tend to build and build until Alcoholics say, die of Delirium Tremens.

If you're an Opioid addict, this usually just means that you become more or less a perma-junky, developing habits within 2 days of usage with a weeks' long withdrawal syndrome to match. It's for real. I do not have enough data, but I bet my life that this Kindling Effect is nearly universal for all drugs of abuse.