• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth

Meth novice 79

Bluelighter
Hey all, first time poster, occasional stalker. Looking for advice, not judgement please.

I think I may have my answers from reading your other threads but I need it confirmed because it’s affecting my ability to enjoy the odd buzz.

I’ve been using IV meth about 5 years now. And it’s rare I don’t have a side effect.

I’ve reached the point that when I’m on (I only use once a month or so) ALL I do is obsess over my skin!

Varying side effects occur, I’m guessing from individual cutters, but it’s always related to my skin.
Some times my entire body becomes transparent. Bruises I know I got weeks ago will re emerg, AND DARKLY, like I just got them, sometimes I can touch my arm gently and a new bruise will appear. My veins will randomly burst, and I’ll have a bruise for NO reason.
Usually along with this symptom is loss of sensation of the skin and when it returns I don’t feel it where I touched, it’s elsewhere on the arm.it returns to normal in a day or two

Occasionally my skin will go red and spider web like (sorry I don’t have a better description, it’s like red lines connected all over me, particularly arms.
Other times my knees go completely purple. And I don’t mean like regular poor circulation, I mean BRIGHT PURPLE, and the backs of my knees will swell to the point I struggle to bend them.
The swelling also occasionally occurs in the elbows as well, giving what looks like 2 elbows on the inner side rather than one.

Then there’s the worst and this only happened once, touch wood.
My entire face swelled and I had hives so bad people thought I was in anaphylactic shock.

But here’s the clincher.
None of these side effects cause pain. A little discomfort if I forget to move around while my knees are swollen, but nothing else HURTS.

I’ve seen here it’s likely vascular restriction, poor circulation and Blood Pressure related.
This fits as I have pretty low BP, poor circulation runs in my family and I’m a smoker of 25 years with lung disease so my vascular system is likely shot.

Sorry for the long rant! Now for the question, is all this likely related to the above mentioned issues?
And probably won’t kill me if I keep to a fairly rare habit of a couple points in a fit every month or two?

Or am I dancing with the devil? Am I becoming slowly more allergic to whatever is in some stuff?

I don’t really take other drugs besides Panadol, the odd Valium for sleep or phenergan when doc won’t give me val.

Just be straight, should I quit while I’m ahead?
It’s annoying hiding in my room for 2 days after a rage cos everyone freaks out and what’s to take me to emerg lol

But baby do I love that needle :)

Anyone here will most likely tell you to drop it if you have the willpower. The fact remains that meth is not what it was ten years ago. I am having the same problem as you, the damage to the skin from the cut is a damn nightmare. I would recommend stopping while ahead; personally I changed my route of administration and it has helped a little.

your side effects are............ sounding very very unpleasant, how do to continue to use a substance thats having such a negative effect, is every dose the same? do you change source? have you tried smaller doses its not always about going hard or home you know or god knows id destroy myself, it may be dose related, or your body has learned to treat the meth with an allergic reaction, this is actually totally a possible effect that can happen with drugs somtimes after a few uses, somtimes after years.

Are you in the US? Where I am the meth is increasingly pure and the price is plummeting. To the OP considering your pulmonary issues, I would not smoke meth!

I'd be careful eating it as well, but if you're intent on using, that is the HR way to take it, imo /ime.

Otherwise, if you insist on something to amp on try d-amp, if you can. d-methamp is just so hard on the body.

Last week I was scoring dope (h) and then decided when I was finished I'd like to do a speedball, it's been a good decade since I've had a nice, genuine speedball. So I score the white and fuck me I think when I get to where I can really look at it - "fucking table salt!"

I was thinking - fuck me first time in years I got ripped.

Tasted it - nope - glass. I

Less than 0.5, for the change in my pocket from the h deal, and I was awake nearly 72 hours! It was some fire meth. Just sayin' it's not all shit out there, in fact, we think we're seeing h addicts switch in part to meth, presumably to counteract the fentanyl in much of the dope here.

So, now it's in some of the meth here too, mine tested clean.

tell me this, do your limbs often get ice cold?
Yes, that’s pretty much a given, right from my first use.
And my toes go white, a little how they describe raynauds.

It sounds like you think you should, and I agree with you. 5 years is a good long run - maybe time to bring this chapter to an end?
Yeah, I think I’ve known this for a while.
Disappointing lol
Thanks x

It sounds like you think you should, and I agree with you. 5 years is a good long run - maybe time to bring this chapter to an end?
Yep :(
Last night was a killer.
Freaked myself out so bad I nearly took myself off to the hospital.
So annoying.
Thanks x

Are you in the US? Where I am the meth is increasingly pure and the price is plummeting. To the OP considering your pulmonary issues, I would not smoke meth!

I'd be careful eating it as well, but if you're intent on using, that is the HR way to take it, imo /ime.

Otherwise, if you insist on something to amp on try d-amp, if you can. d-methamp is just so hard on the body.

Last week I was scoring dope (h) and then decided when I was finished I'd like to do a speedball, it's been a good decade since I've had a nice, genuine speedball. So I score the white and fuck me I think when I get to where I can really look at it - "fucking table salt!"

I was thinking - fuck me first time in years I got ripped.

Tasted it - nope - glass. I

Less than 0.5, for the change in my pocket from the h deal, and I was awake nearly 72 hours! It was some fire meth. Just sayin' it's not all shit out there, in fact, we think we're seeing h addicts switch in part to meth, presumably to counteract the fentanyl in much of the dope here.

So, now it's in some of the meth here too, mine tested clean.
Im In Aus. And it just seems to be getting dirtier and dirtier here.

Some times I can take 2p and barely rush. Still get sick as though.

Not long ago some off tapper handed me a baggie, said it was 1.5 or there abouts.
Oh hell no, it was an easy 3. That ride was scary lol

I haven’t had decent meth here in years. The law bans each new Chem they find in a batch as they confiscate pretty much instantly which just sends our cooks back on the hunt for an alternative, making each new gen nastier and nastier.

Thanks everyone for the advice (and non judgment!)
I knew the answer myself but was hoping someone would have some kind of miracle cure or be like ‘nah all that’s normal, ignore it haha.

I’ve never used on the reg anyhow so I won’t be saying goodbye to much. I just enjoyed my once a month hit. I don’t anymore though, too busy freaking out my arms or legs are gonna get gang green or some crazy shit ahaha

H doesn’t do it to me, but I can’t use that at all, it’s a weakness, I’d be dead in a month

Yes, that’s pretty much a given, right from my first use.
And my toes go white, a little how they describe raynauds.
That's actually very bad i'm going to copy paste a bit of information i briefly came across looking up Raynauds which btw is actually new to me surprisingly i haven't ever read about this so you've given me somthing interesting to look into

Fatigue levels in people with scleroderma are believed to be higher when experiencing poor quality sleep, significant pain and low mood. ... Emotional stress causes blood vessels to narrow which can worsen symptoms and effects of Raynaud's.

How are your anxiety levels when you use, because i tend to get edgy on any amphetamine (which never happens to me with coke) and i counter this using Gabapentinoids, you may benefit from trying say 300mg of Gabapentin or read up on phenibut (i can't accurately reccomend a good low dose to try since my tolerance is significantly high)but 300-800 pentin is a safe pentin or 250-500mg of Pregabalin aka lyrica would relieve alot of the negative psychological side effects which may be playing a part to all of your symptoms, somtimes our brains can just fuck out bodies up no matter how healthy we are stress and cortisol are do contribute to fatality after all.

I’ve never used on the reg anyhow so I won’t be saying goodbye to much. I just enjoyed my once a month hit. I don’t anymore though, too busy freaking out my arms or legs are gonna get gang green or some crazy shit ahaha
yeah. try combining with a gabapentinoid i tend to get alot of side effects when taken without. its worth a shot

just know they have some dependence liability but its not all that high and considering the doses i take and abruptly cease use constantly without side effects is why id reccomend trying, but be aware that tolerance to them develops extremely fast.

you use once a month, now i'm not advocating this in any way shape or form but maybe try having one good night of blow/month? it is more costly but if you do really keep to very occasional use, a gram should definitely be enough for a night(perhaps an entire day with a lower tolerance, its been so long i can't recall what i started with) even at lower puritys of 40-60%

Stay safe
~Zonxx

That's actually very bad i'm going to copy paste a bit of information i briefly came across looking up Raynauds which btw is actually new to me surprisingly i haven't ever read about this so you've given me somthing interesting to look into

Fatigue levels in people with scleroderma are believed to be higher when experiencing poor quality sleep, significant pain and low mood. ... Emotional stress causes blood vessels to narrow which can worsen symptoms and effects of Raynaud's.

How are your anxiety levels when you use, because i tend to get edgy on any amphetamine (which never happens to me with coke) and i counter this using Gabapentinoids, you may benefit from trying say 300mg of Gabapentin or read up on phenibut (i can't accurately reccomend a good low dose to try since my tolerance is significantly high)but 300-800 pentin is a safe pentin or 250-500mg of Pregabalin aka lyrica would relieve alot of the negative psychological side effects which may be playing a part to all of your symptoms, somtimes our brains can just fuck out bodies up no matter how healthy we are stress and cortisol are do contribute to fatality after all.

yeah. try combining with a gabapentinoid i tend to get alot of side effects when taken without. its worth a shot
I only get the raynauds thing on meth, but it’s what I ended up putting it down too.
It’s circulatory related.

Scleroderma is an interesting point to make too, I know someone with it.
She’s an ex heroin addict turned meth addict and was diagnosed really young.
Hell it makes her crook. I hope I haven’t given myself that

Yeah I get anxiety coming off most things, even alcohol tbh. Pretty badly too

What is gabapentin? I’ve never heard of it.

you use once a month, now i'm not advocating this in any way shape or form but maybe try having one good night of blow/month? it is more costly but if you do really keep to very occasional use, a gram should be enough for a night even at lower puritys of 40-60%

Stay safe
~Zonxx
Blow? You mean coke?
I’ve tried it.
Only snorting, and it was ‘supposedly’ really good stuff but it did bugger all for me.

My problem is, it’s not the high I’m chasing.
I fell in love with the rush.
I only take meth thru the needle

just know they have some dependence liability but its not all that high and considering the doses i take and abruptly cease use constantly without side effects is why id reccomend trying, but be aware that tolerance to them develops extremely fast.
Oh wow, I just googled it
Anti seizure med?
I think I have some amitytriptiline (shit spelling haha) here that my daughter tried but it didn’t help her (she’s epileptic) also got levecetam, is that similar?

Blow? You mean coke?
I’ve tried it.
Only snorting, and it was ‘supposedly’ really good stuff but it did bugger all for me.

My problem is, it’s not the high I’m chasing.
I fell in love with the rush.
I only take meth thru the needle
i haven't ever banged a stimulant, but i do smoke my coke aka crack cocaine. it's said to supposedly be very similar to iv except banging it lasts much longer, i have used this route for opiates but i avoid it with stimulants just because itd just end up with me using more than i already do, buuuut i didn't use near as much as i do now when i wasn't cutting down on my pain meds, cutting down has caused my stimulant use to severely increase, not to personally worrying levels due to no negative physical effects as of yet but, regardless i don't intend on maintaining such high stimulant usage for more than a couple more months.

The high from smoking cocaine is VERY different. it does have its 'benefits' along with all its negatives but, if you have a very addictive personality id avoid it, because ending up on a fiending binge will fuck everything up, you don't want to experience that.

I only get the raynauds thing on meth, but it’s what I ended up putting it down too.
It’s circulatory related.

Scleroderma is an interesting point to make too, I know someone with it.
She’s an ex heroin addict turned meth addict and was diagnosed really young.
Hell it makes her crook. I hope I haven’t given myself that

Yeah I get anxiety coming off most things, even alcohol tbh. Pretty badly too

What is gabapentin? I’ve never heard of it.
Also funny you note that I could e
i haven't ever banged a stimulant, but i do smoke my coke aka crack cocaine. it's said to supposedly be very similar to iv except banging it lasts much longer, i have used this route for opiates but i avoid it with stimulants just because itd just end up with me using more than i already do, buuuut i didn't use near as much as i do now when i wasn't cutting down on my pain meds, cutting down has caused my stimulant use to severely increase, not to personally worrying levels due to no negative physical effects as of yet but, regardless i don't intend on maintaining such high stimulant usage for more than a couple more months.

Yeah I’m scared to put anything in a needle that I haven’t seen others do.
Everyone here just snorts coke.

I’d need to be with an experienced user to do it or my anxiety would go thru the roof and I’d think I am dead 😂😂😂😂

Oh wow, I just googled it
Anti seizure med?
I think I have some amitytriptiline (shit spelling haha) here that my daughter tried but it didn’t help her (she’s epileptic) also got levecetam, is that similar?
Also funny you note the anxiety.
I’ve had a few mates suggest I’m talking myself into these symptoms simply because other than what I see on my skin I don’t get other symptoms, not sick or anything unusual.

If that’s the case perhaps trying a med like an anti psychotic would solve my issue

Cheers for this!!

Also funny you note that I could e

Yeah I’m scared to put anything in a needle that I haven’t seen others do.
Everyone here just snorts coke.

I’d need to be with an experienced user to do it or my anxiety would go thru the roof and I’d think I am dead 😂😂😂😂
honestly thats good to hear, atleast you have a safety first mindset. i don't actually remember how the fuck i ended up smoking cocaine now that i really think of it........ i snorted the stuff on and off for years but i cant remember when or how i ended up smoking it a couple months ago, i think someone reccomended i try it for my pain, and much to my surprise considering its a stimulant you'd figure would worsen chronic pain, alleviated mine while i was smoking just as pain medication does so i suppose thats a pretty big factor and everyone'll have their own reasons for use, but i don't condone Mainlining cocaine since i've known too many good folks that've passed away doing just that, but never has anyone i've known other than myself (ha,not particularly funny but, yeah thats just shittty)that has overdosed via snorting or smoking

Also funny you note the anxiety.
I’ve had a few mates suggest I’m talking myself into these symptoms simply because other than what I see on my skin I don’t get other symptoms, not sick or anything unusual.

If that’s the case perhaps trying a med like an anti psychotic would solve my issue

Cheers for this!!
to test it for sure, you can take a low dose of a benzo, maybe a bar (2mg xan) or clonazepam (which is my benzo of choice always will be because its just as strong as xanax but lasts longer and has a more gradual come on so its not really as potentially addictive in comparison to its much shorter lasting counterpart)

to test it for sure, you can take a low dose of a benzo, maybe a bar (2mg xan) or clonazepam (which is my benzo of choice always will be because its just as strong as xanax but lasts longer and has a more gradual come on so its not really as potentially addictive in comparison to its much shorter lasting counterpart)

Omg, you just became my hero.
I actually took Valium last night so I could get some sleep, and now I think of it, the majority of my skin issues were gone in half hour ahaha
I’m still covered in bruises this morning, and my knees are swollen and toes cold but it’s nothing on what it was.

This is all just anxiety related combined with a bit of poor circulation isn’t it?

Why didn’t I come here and just ask months ago 😂😂😂

This is all just anxiety related combined with a bit of poor circulation isn’t it?

Why didn’t I come here and just ask months ago 😂😂😂
it is definetely very possible, and to me seems like it can be the main cause, however i have some precautions and warnings to make you aware of with the combination of uppers and downers.

honestly thats good to hear, atleast you have a safety first mindset. i don't actually remember how the fuck i ended up smoking cocaine now that i really think of it........ i snorted the stuff on and off for years but i cant remember when or how i ended up smoking it a couple months ago, i think someone reccomended i try it for my pain, and much to my surprise considering its a stimulant you'd figure would worsen chronic pain, alleviated mine while i was smoking just as pain medication does so i suppose thats a pretty big factor and everyone'll have their own reasons for use, but i don't condone Mainlining cocaine since i've known too many good folks that've passed away doing just that, but never has anyone i've known other than myself (ha,not particularly funny but, yeah thats just shittty)that has overdosed via snorting or smoking
That’s the trouble isn’t it? Putting things in your veins is always a risky game.

It’s just I’d tried a few drugs the other ways 5 years ago and I couldn’t work out why everyone else was having fun and I was bored and straight lol

I don’t know what’s different about me but I’ve always had a stupid high tolerance for drugs, even in a pick I need at least 1.5 points (prefer 2) I don’t know what that is in grams, sorry you guys weigh different.
Experienced users look at me like ‘you want me to give you how much?! You hardly use the shit, no way bitch’ 😂

I know guys who crush and whack bupe etc but they warned me early on never to try it, easy way to die or lose a limb.
Coming from hardcore addicts I took that advice seriously lol

it is definetely very possible, and to me seems like it can be the main cause, however i have some precautions and warnings to make you aware of with the combination of uppers and downers.

Yeah I’ve had that lecture too.
Always wanted to try smack and speed together but could never find anyone willing to help me.

I only took 10mg Val last night and that was close to 20 hours after the meth.
What time frame do you recommend waiting to dose up on the Val?

Always avoid using either upper or downers close to one another is my rule (30min apart should be fine and has been for me) if this is indeed the cause a benzo in combination with the meth should be fine but personally i prefer gabapentinoids (they are somewhat similar in their action but not precisely) and are not as phyiscally addicting or psychologically, but thats speculative and dependent on the individual however most will experience the effects and say they are much more 'subtle' than a benzo depending on the dosage, i'll always hail Pregabalin as a miracle drug because while i've taken doses of the stuff i won't share along with using multiple gabapentinoids at the same time which by the way depending on dosage can be even more effective, i particularly benefited more from a solid dose of gabapentin and a low-moderate pregabalin combo along with my stimulant use particularly amphetamine but ive been using meth for 2 errr maybe 4 days, i don't really know anymore but my point is, its mostly just the same and i didn't have to increase my dose due to meth being stronger than amphetamine however while again not sharing my doses can say it was a similar experience while still enjoying the benefits of meth being nice and stronger. i'll admit to combining amphetamine and methamp but i highly reccomend no one use the two in combination with one another for safety reasons, i'm just a bozobrain and shouldn't be used as a great example of drug consumption all while taking into account my priority is always safety.

That’s the trouble isn’t it? Putting things in your veins is always a risky game.

It’s just I’d tried a few drugs the other ways 5 years ago and I couldn’t work out why everyone else was having fun and I was bored and straight lol

I don’t know what’s different about me but I’ve always had a stupid high tolerance for drugs, even in a pick I need at least 1.5 points (prefer 2) I don’t know what that is in grams, sorry you guys weigh different.
Experienced users look at me like ‘you want me to give you how much?! You hardly use the shit, no way bitch’ 😂
i chuckled haha i fit the description, i'll always remember sams reaction to the pain meds i thought was a pretty low dose, he needed them for strep throat, and couldn't sleep because of coughing and throat pain as a result so i gave him some of my codeine pills and a dilaudid incase he needed somthing stronger and told him he could always ask if he needed more, but the next day i got a message "holy shit i've never slept better in my life, but i don't know how you take these things like you do everyday i still feel what i took early this morning"

the stim tolerance and feeling sober though. i do often feel that way if i don't use enough btw a point is 100mg 1 gram=1000mg and if i don't take the higher doses i do i don't really get what i'm looking for

Always avoid using either upper or downers close to one another is my rule (30min apart should be fine and has been for me) if this is indeed the cause a benzo in combination with the meth should be fine but personally i prefer gabapentinoids (they are somewhat similar in their action but not precisely) and are not as phyiscally addicting or psychologically, but thats speculative and dependent on the individual however most will experience the effects and say they are much more 'subtle' than a benzo depending on the dosage, i'll always hail Pregabalin as a miracle drug because while i've taken doses of the stuff i won't share along with using multiple gabapentinoids at the same time which by the way depending on dosage can be even more effective, i particularly benefited more from a solid dose of gabapentin and a low-moderate pregabalin combo along with my stimulant use particularly amphetamine but ive been using meth for 2 errr maybe 4 days, i don't really know anymore but my point is, its mostly just the same and i didn't have to increase my dose due to meth being stronger than amphetamine however while again not sharing my doses can say it was a similar experience while still enjoying the benefits of meth being nice and stronger. i'll admit to combining amphetamine and methamp but i highly reccomend no one use the two in combination with one another for safety reasons, i'm just a bozobrain and shouldn't be used as a great example of drug consumption all while taking into account my priority is always safety.
I’ll ask my doctor about your recommendation thanks.
Dependency isn’t much of an issue, I keep my meth use pretty low by most standards and my doctor is a bit stingy with the Valium, for those reasons.

I def have a penchant toward addiction to downers.

i chuckled haha i fit the description, i'll always remember sams reaction to the pain meds i thought was a pretty low dose, he needed them for strep throat, and couldn't sleep because of coughing and throat pain as a result so i gave him some of my codeine pills and a dilaudid incase he needed somthing stronger and told him he could always ask if he needed more, but the next day i got a message "holy shit i've never slept better in my life, but i don't know how you take these things like you do everyday i still feel what i took early this morning"

the stim tolerance and feeling sober though. i do often feel that way if i don't use enough btw a point is 100mg 1 gram=1000mg and if i don't take the higher doses i do i don't really get what i'm looking for

Haha we are alike in chemical make up aren’t we?
Have you used for a long time? Did you always find this?

My mother tried to OD when she was pregnant with me so my theory’s always been the bitch gave me a high tolerance before I was even born 😂😂😂
I never tried any drug except pot before age 35, but I’ve always needed 3 times the recommended dose of codeine just for pain relief

I’ll ask my doctor about your recommendation thanks.
Dependency isn’t much of an issue, I keep my meth use pretty low by most standards and my doctor is a bit stingy with the Valium, for those reasons.

I def have a penchant toward addiction to downers.
Be honest with him, maybe don't tell him you're tripping balls about stuff when using meth but just tell him you need them because of x symptoms pertaining to anxiety and always let your doctor know if they help, if your doc is anything like mine, while he does not condone ANY of my stimulant use, he doesn't discriminate but there's a doc-patient relationship thats been there for going over 20 years, infact he's known me my entire life and hasn't ever had an issue giving or atleast trying to meet my medication needs, and i'd probably be banging dope everyday without him, god bless good doctors but the doc-patient relationship is a two way street.

Be honest with him, maybe don't tell him you're tripping balls about stuff when using meth but just tell him you need them because of x symptoms pertaining to anxiety and always let your doctor know if they help, if your doc is anything like mine, while he does not condone ANY of my stimulant use, he doesn't discriminate but there's a doc-patient relationship thats been there for going over 20 years, infact he's known me my entire life and hasn't ever had an issue giving or atleast trying to meet my medication needs, and i'd probably be banging dope everyday without him, god bless good doctors but the doc-patient relationship is a two way street.
Yeah I can’t tell my doc about illegal use as I have a 13 year old at home still.
In Aus they’re bound to mandatory reporting to CPS for any illegal use so I need to be careful.

He’s pretty understanding when it comes to anxiety etc.
I’ve had PTSD since I was a kid