• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth- what vitamins/ supplements do i need to be taking

gehenna666queen

Greenlighter
Mild daily meth user, with moderate use on weekends. What do I need to be doing to keep myself healthy besides eating, drinking and sleeping? I take a multivitamin, but wondering if there's anything else I should add...

As far as I know it sounds like you're doing great.
You a healthy weight,? You exercise? I would do this before you take meth as it already has your heart rate way faster.

Yes I exercise regularly, but had an injury so im barely getting back to it. As long as I maintain my weight now it's in the ideal range (140, 5'4). I couldn't imagine trying to workout on meth 🤣

Keep up on hygiene especially brushing teeth / flossing / etc.

I was going to recommend some of the common ones that get mentioned in these types of threads, like magnesium for example, but wanted to search around a bit first to see whats current. Stumbled upon this on Reddit with a bunch of info, might be worth a look:

I’ve been planning on getting a basic women’s multivitamin (but I keep forgetting smh). I eat and sleep enough but I could definitely increase my water intake. A lot of people on here mention magnesium.. I think I’ll try that or L Tyrosine.

Mild daily meth user, with moderate use on weekends. What do I need to be doing to keep myself healthy besides eating, drinking and sleeping? I take a multivitamin, but wondering if there's anything else I should add...
Off the top of my head, vitamin D, and magnesium.

Yes I exercise regularly, but had an injury so im barely getting back to it. As long as I maintain my weight now it's in the ideal range (140, 5'4). I couldn't imagine trying to workout on meth 🤣
I wouldn't reccomend heavy cardio while on meth, as it will contribute to a rapid heart rate and could lead to heart attack, but I do like a nice long walk around town or hiking and exploring new trails. Make sure to bring plenty of Propel, Gatorade, Smart Water, ect., to stay hydrated and replace the electrolytes you'll be losing from all the heavy sweating. Plain tap water is good if you can't afford to spend money on drinks, however I find it difficult to keep down while on meth and will frequently throw it back up. If you're going to spend a while outside to goof off your high and explore, make sure to ware plenty of sunscreen.. I've learnt this the hard way.

I’ve been planning on getting a basic women’s multivitamin (but I keep forgetting smh). I eat and sleep enough but I could definitely increase my water intake. A lot of people on here mention magnesium.. I think I’ll try that or L Tyrosine.

The magnesium seems to help me sleep better so I usually take it an hour before bed. There are a variety of different forms, some better suited to certain uses then others so I'd do some looking around and find one that's well recommended and suites your needs. I use Drs Best High Absorption Chelated Magnesium. It seems to be well reviewed and easily available on a popular e-commerce website.

As far as hydration goes, it is soooo important for so many reasons. You're body will need more water than usual when your using meth. It is best just to get in the habit of drinking small amounts throughout the day versus trying to drink a lot of water quickly only a couple times.

When you're constantly providing your body with small amounts of water it is able to use it efficiently and so everything will be well lubed and saturated with water which is good (assuming you aren't drinking too much water which is bad of course). However when you drink a large amount suddenly your body cannot use all of it as efficiently, a lot of it will be peed out soon after and you won't have increased your overall hydration level as well as if you had if you drank that same amount over a longer period of time.

It also really seems to help to drink water after eating. This way more water is pulled into the digestive system along with the food instead of just being quickly processed into the bladder.