• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth vs Adderall vs Ritalin

lemongaga

Bluelighter
Hi,

I've recently slipped back into old habits of abusing my adderall prescription, not as heavily as I did in the past, but doubling and tripling my dosages, with episodic binges requiring even more---- now, because of this, I ran out of my prescription a week or two into the month. I'm a bit of a reclusive so it's very annoying to have to search for more from random sources--- also, I'm a female, so every person I've asked that has it, also wants more than my money- okay, well one trusted person has ritalin---and in the past, it didn't do a whole lot of what I wanted, HOWEVER, I'd already been up for 4 days so maybe too much redosing? The next most available drug is street methamphetamine which I've never used in my life. I'm being told it's essentially the same thing, only a bit stronger. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

methamphetamine Please learn how to live without the speed for a couple of weeks as its not that hard... if you think resisting reg amps and rit because of some nasty whore sex with a loser is hard then try it when you have upped it to meth.

Ritalin works diferently than amphetamines do...

It is a reuptake inhibitor of dopamine and norepinephrine.

It won't feel the same and can easily be overdone.

It's more coke like without the empathy.

Meth is really just more potent, so I advise you to go low and use it orally...

^^ what nsa said. If youre already addicted to those amphetamines you definitely dont want to try meth. It is way stronger and more addictive, you will fiend for it much more. Your best bet would be to just wait a couple weeks to get your script refilled and by then your tolerance will have gone down anyway so you can have fun with it again. Or you could try the ritalin, methylphenidate is different from adderall but its just as good of a stim, to me it feels smoother.

^ Good point, i like this. I have noticed that while meth is stronger and longer lasting, I will fiend far harder with coke and other inferior dopamine based stimulants, then with meth.

^ Good point, i like this. I have noticed that while meth is stronger and longer lasting, I will fiend far harder with coke and other inferior dopamine based stimulants, then with meth.

I don't say it is superior.

I'm saying that coke and ritalin are more geared towards recreation.

okay thanks im banging my head onto the ground. I just broke all the bones in my face but I didn't use any meth. I don't know why. what the fuck am i protecting. i wish i could just get drunk . i always wanna jump off a bridge and land dead without feeling it. fuck you

cocaine and methylphenidate (ritalin) work by blocking the reuptake of dopamine, while amphetamines work by releasing dopamine and serotonin, providing much longer duration than cocaine and better euphoria.

cocaine and methylphenidate (ritalin) work by blocking the reuptake of dopamine, while amphetamines work by releasing dopamine and serotonin, providing much longer duration than cocaine and better euphoria.

This can be argued to the highest capacity...

Some will not agree with this.

^right because coke and MP cause a large rush so they absolutely release dopamine. There are allot of things to think about with opiatekrzy's take on this. If I were to bet I would say that cocaine has the largest serotonin manipulation of all three.. just makes sense IMO with the insane orgasmic like rush it provides. I also think that both prevent reuptake but amphetamines just plug the gap longer. I would say that methylphenidate is much closer to coke but has much less adrenal manipulation and significantly less serotonin, but prevents reuptake of dopamine longer than coke.

Lemon:

I was a meth head for 10 years straight . this was say 1992-2002 ish. That shit fucking sucks so bad. The people involved with it and the lifestyle that comes with it and all the paranoia, and the no eating just is plain hell. Meth is the devil and will take you into the darkest ally and leave you right there.

However, after being clean off meth since 2002, I have come across adderall. It's so very different but similar. You can take it and not live the lifestyle associated with a tweaker( TRUST ME thats the best part!!!) I only take aboyt 25 mg and I will do that for a few days, then I will stop for a while.

Adderall, allows you to do alot, EAT!!!, and remain a normal person. You will still get paranoia if you take too much so don't.

Please keep the meth away, you do not want it.

Disclaimer: no offense to any meth user, I'm sure there must be some ok meth users. In the 10 years I was doing it, I never found any.

Oh you say the people want more than money???

After a few months on meth your inhibitions and morals will be so very gone. No matter what you think, that WILL HAPPEN. a lot of people end up with life treating std's. I am very lucky that didn't happen to me. Thank God!

Take care Lemon...

Any questions PM me...

^ absolutely agree.. reg amps are great and i think they should be legal.. methamp crushes people quick and I wouldnt advise anyone using it ever. A good life with a little reg amp is even better.. but use of meth literally turns allot of people into zombies. For real look at the before and after pictures.. with all the propaganda in the drug game its important to realize what isn't.

Lemon:

I was a meth head for 10 years straight . this was say 1992-2002 ish. That shit fucking sucks so bad. The people involved with it and the lifestyle that comes with it and all the paranoia, and the no eating just is plain hell. Meth is the devil and will take you into the darkest ally and leave you right there.

However, after being clean off meth since 2002, I have come across adderall. It's so very different but similar. You can take it and not live the lifestyle associated with a tweaker( TRUST ME thats the best part!!!) I only take aboyt 25 mg and I will do that for a few days, then I will stop for a while.

Adderall, allows you to do alot, EAT!!!, and remain a normal person. You will still get paranoia if you take too much so don't.

Please keep the meth away, you do not want it.

Disclaimer: no offense to any meth user, I'm sure there must be some ok meth users. In the 10 years I was doing it, I never found any.

Oh you say the people want more than money???

After a few months on meth your inhibitions and morals will be so very gone. No matter what you think, that WILL HAPPEN. a lot of people end up with life treating std's. I am very lucky that didn't happen to me. Thank God!

Take care Lemon...

Any questions PM me...

Have fun being in denial since you have prescription adderall....
It still works in similar ways and causes havoc to your dopamine neurons when using for the long term. It still has bad depressing crashes and all the other cardio vascular effects meth would have although not as bad.

So even though it is not as bad, it is not a miracle drug and if you are using it normally you are still considered a tweaker in a sense.

Ritalin sucks! Any questions? I was first prescribed Ritalin at 6 years old...the first time I tried Dexedrine...It was so far superior to Ritalin in every way, I only did Ritalin a handful of times after that....Now, I'd rather be sober than take methylphenidate...It's nasty shit!

It still works in similar ways and causes havoc to your dopamine neurons when using for the long term. It still has bad depressing crashes and all the other cardio vascular effects meth would have although not as bad.

So even though it is not as bad, it is not a miracle drug and if you are using it normally you are still considered a tweaker in a sense.
As with anything I think moderation is key and I think moderation is much more probable on reg amps then Meth amps.

Well lets see.... I knew I was going to quit opiates so I got a bunch of things I thought would help. 40 adderall being part of that. Out of the 40 adderall ( The only adderall I ever had) I still have like 25 of them.

So tweaker or not, it's moderation. I will use a very little bit and then wait a few days and then take some again. No I do not tweak. Tweaking is staying up all night and paranoia and taking things apart. This drug does not tweak me out.

So tweaker or not, it's moderation. I will use a very little bit and then wait a few days and then take some again. No I do not tweak. Tweaking is staying up all night and paranoia and taking things apart. This drug does not tweak me out.
I also had little trouble regulating adderall, as with all drugs, a persons individual response will dictate their experience.

I got a little chuckle out of this thing as it has representations of different drug type uses as mice and then you.. http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/addiction/drugs/mouse.html

Last edited:
I find it extremely hard to distinguish Adderall, Dexedrine, or Crystal-Meth when consumed orally. Ritalin I don't care for. To me Addies and (extremely pure) Crystal are pretty much one and the same.

methamphetamine Please learn how to live without the speed for a couple of weeks as its not that hard... if you think resisting reg amps and rit because of some nasty whore sex with a loser is hard then try it when you have upped it to meth.

This is harsh but true. You're showing classic signs of failing to accept the end and to call it a wrap. You are pushing your limits in terms of knowing when to stop yourself before you lose your self to the drug, and just let it take over...

You seriously are just barely using stimulants again and not being cautious or even modest. You went full force and downed them all, and are buying whatever you can...your desperation and way you are coming off when you call these people for their stims are probably making them feel as if they can bang you for drugs. They know that by the way you lack control and weak ability to chill the fuck out will eventually lead you back to them eventually, even if you say no the first time, because Your sources will run out eventually.
You find a meth dealer. And you go all desperate and frantic, and fiending like a stupid 16 year old that did her first eight ball, he will see it. Women are different on meth than men are. They get addicted so easily. By the way you are already acting. STAY AWAY FROM METH.
They will use your desperation against you and he won't let you have it unless he bangs you. Ever hung out with men on Meth? They aren't polite, sweet, or subtle. And they know how meth makes women. He'll get you high and then cut you off. Will you be able to say 'whatever' and walk away? My best friend of 8 years didn't.
you stated that they won't sell to you unless you bang them.
You might have been labeled as a dope fiend. And being a woman, you're not getting drugs by easy means anymore. Some

Calm down and just gain some interpersonal strength. All you have to do is stop and calm down, do self talk exercises, and tell yourself that you are fine. Over and over Again. Don't think one negative thought. Its so easy. You tell yourself how to feel and you're currently telling yourself you need more drugs. You gotta get some control. And it's not hard to tell yourself to chill.
Then focus on another mission/goal and make yourself busy with it and you'll forget soon enough. Go get some beer, grab a laptop, and get busy with something attention grabbing. 'Get stuck'....it passes time and helps your brain relax and forget about the drugs.

I think after this you need to chill out and stop the stims. You need to learn how to control yourself because you're not doing them with a strong mind and willpower. You also need to learn how to do stims with a plan, and with a plan to stop. Not recklessly start binging and get so messed up you're acting like you are now. You have to be satisfied with knowing when your limit is and keep from passing in to no return.
If you can't be happy with being buzzed or high and stopping after a night and chilling out and riding it out smoothly
But instead need to be so messed up you're ethically and morally gone. You need to stop all together. You're going to really hurt your life, yourself, or really disappoint yourself with the things you can make yourself easily do for a buzz.

I seriously get what you mean. I don't get a high euphoria from adderall. I get really alert and interested in life or just being active and productive. I might get a euphoria right as it kicks in, but if I sustain by redosing, it is very pleasant and non stressful or hectic. Some people get very high, and others just get irritated and speedy. I definitely notice the difference between adderall and meth.
Adderall is smooth and calmer. Hardly noticeable by anyone. Meth is like almost aggressively high. I can't explain it. The speed is easy for me to tolerate a comedown though too. I have always stopped after small amounts though.