• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Meth versus bath salt

Matticusloveswhiskey

Bluelighter
How can one differentiate between a bath salt and methamphetamine. I mean i feel that it's fairly easy to point out meth, but what about bath salts? What charteristics do they possess?

Bath salts are a heterogeneous group which just has in common if being sold mislabeled to circumvent the law. They contain research chemicals like alpha-PVP which can also be bought with correct declaration and in purity. Some are similar to meth, other to MDMA and others are very different.

Yeah when you say bath salts it could mean anything. The first bath salts were usually mephedrone or MDPV, or sometimes a mixture of the two. Since they've both been banned, bath salts' contents really could only be identified in a lab.
May I ask why you're asking this, @Matticusloveswhiskey? You trying to identify bath salts used as cutting agents in meth you bought?

I would say that bath salts don't come in big crystals like meth does but I'm not sure and stuff like MSG can be crystallized as well so crystals aren't suitable as purity indicator.

Speaking of which, have synthetic cathinones fallen out of fashion? Are they easier or more difficult to make illicitly I wonder, and so would they be likely to turn up masquerading as meth?

*The synthetic khat I used to use smelt very strongly of industrial cleaning product fragrance, although that may have been part of the attempt to class it as something plausibly not intended for human consumption (for example: 'plant food'), that was the original reason behind the 'bath salts' street name

Yeah, plant food was mephedrone. It did fall out of favour a bit after it was made illegal. They sold off the last of it slowly and eventually it was all bashed to fuck and not worth bothering with.
But by popular demand it has start reappearing among dark net vendors.

Yeah, plant food was mephedrone. It did fall out of favour a bit after it was made illegal. They sold off the last of it slowly and eventually it was all bashed to fuck and not worth bothering with.
But by popular demand it has start reappearing among dark net vendors.

I miss cheap and legal mephedrone. Saw it re-appear on Deep Web marketplaces but for a premium price. Same with MXE but even more expensive for "pre-ban" stuff.

We ended up with a couple of hundred of little plant food sachets via someone who wanted rid of them, and used to share them around happily. Lasted us several years. happy days

How can one differentiate between a bath salt and methamphetamine. I mean i feel that it's fairly easy to point out meth, but what about bath salts? What charteristics do they possess?
With Marquis, Froehde, Mecke, and Liebermann reagents.

Speaking of which, have synthetic cathinones fallen out of fashion? Are they easier or more difficult to make illicitly I wonder, and so would they be likely to turn up masquerading as meth?
Actually, all the -ylones are still popular and they are making new ones.

Methylone (bk-mdma) is still pretty popular.

I think they're actually making diethyl and dimethyl pentylone

I

Sounds like I need to keep an eye out

I really quite enjoyed methylone when it was legal in the UK.

Salt doesn't snap back after you melt it on glass. It remains gel-like. And no one is gonna cut meth with salt for financial gain. It would be the other way around, it's street value exceeds meth, by far.