• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth vapor is wasted product?

qikflipa

Greenlighter
How is methamphetamine vapor bioavailability of so high (~70-90% ) when there meth is contained in the exhaled vapor? It seems all the exhaled vapor is meth no? And given the large amount of vapor how can as much as 90% of the vaporized meth be absorbed?

People love to blow out huge clouds, but that's extremely wasteful. Actually, smoking is wasteful anyway. But if I do smoke it, I hold my hits. And if you use a bubbler, by all means save the water.

Yeah I noticed when I smoked meth in very gentle, tiny hits where you blow out close to no vapor but you definitely breath some in.. The meth lasted a lot longer and I got better bang for buck. Like by a large margin that couldn't be unnoticed.

However I only think such technique is viable as a non user/someone that dabbles only every few months at most. That was my situation. However you aren't getting enough meth in you quickly enough to really enjoy the high(subjective) when you are a few days deep(my experience) and want a boost or have just woken up from a few days of being high and want to do it again.

But yeah my understanding of the physics of it all is that yes any vapor not absorbed, mostly, is just meth floating away and getting stuck to your walls lol.

If you wanted to get creative you could probably get a fish tank and gently blow any hits out into it.. Scrape it down now and then, meth vapor is pretty sticky and slow so would definitely work but don't know how well.

Yes and no. There certainly are tests that indicate bioavailability of vaporised meth is around 75% give or take. But the state of the cloud you exhale is not a reliable indicator of that at all.

When ‘smoking’ meth you inhale (predominately) gaseous MA-HCL + O2 + N. But when you exhale you exhale the same but with much less MA-HCL + O2 and a whole lot of CO2 and also H2O.

So the composition of your cloud is significantly different.

Also the density of your inhaled stream of vapor (contained by your smoking apparatus and airways) is much much greater than your exhaled stream of vapor (freely expelled into the air. They have wildly different partial pressures - and that is what matters in gas exchange.

It is possible that only 10-20 % of the MA-HCL you inhaled is exhaled and makes up that giant cloud. Theoretically even 5 % could give big clouds.

From another perspective, it’s wasteful but also not wasteful for me. Previously I only ever IV’d (with near total bioavailability). However, I much prefer the experience (and the high) of smoking and would haplily lose some product to be able to smoke rather than IV.

If by vapor you mean gas, then meth vapor exists for only a fraction of a second inside the pipe. The meth is heated, melts, vaporizes, condenses, then immediately freezes. The cloud is an aerosol of solid particles. The cloud is visible because it is solid. A cloud of meth gas is not visible. The cloud will be visible as long as the concentration of solid particles (aerosol) is high enough to be seen. If you exhale a cloud, you exhale a cloud of wasted meth (your cat may disagree on that point). If you exhale and do not see a cloud, then you have retained nearly all of the meth. And the high that you achieve is directly proportional to amount of meth that is retained in the lungs (and ultimately entering the blood stream).

I was about 35 years old(now 53) when I first did meth. I remember it being an inconvenience for my work, seeing as I could not sleep for 2 whole nights on just 10$ worth, about a point. Today I went through about half a gram, and I'm kind of sleepy now, but I also do fent and smoke pot. This bioavailability stuff is fascinating, but crack is the only thing I've ever used a rebreather for. This superstition was common when I started doing speed 'Don't hold it in, it will crystallize in your lungs!' It tends to be so cheap here(50$ for an eighth), no one really holds it in that long. Mixing equal parts meth and fent in a glass bubble or a bong sure seems to increase the bioavailability of fent, though.

I make some amazing vape juice with ice.. best way still I think is putting a lil bit in a cap like molly. Depends on the grade it all seeems to be garbage now