• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth: this is not how I thought it would end (with tolerence, Seroquel and a sense of serenity)

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
After my first go on meth maybe 4-5 years ago got out of control and tipped into daily IV usage and psychosis I swore I would never try it again but for the last 2 months or so I have been trying to manage a low-impact binge by using it differently in the belief that it was lack of sleep and the post-high crash that caused the major problems and not so much the drug itself. Today seems to be the end of this second meth adventure as my Harm Reduction strategy worked a little too well and made meth unusable and a huge waste of money. In the last 3 days I've basically wasted 2 grams as having zero effect. The desperation to have an effect also resulted in some sketchy wounds on my arms and some blown out veins.

Basically I have been going for 36 hours high followed by 12-24 hours chilling by forcing myself to sleep using seroquel. I believed the seroquel mitigated the crash, caused sleep and generated an appetite which all seemed like a win-win. Over two months I rarely felt 'down' and cravings were pretty mild. However, although this worked for a while I am, now at the point where meth is no longer working in most respects. When I take it IV I get a mild heate wave flush rather than a euphoric rush and then promptly get tired and have no major increase in mental or physical energy. I also restarted my Abilify dosage about a week ago.

When I began 2 months ago 1 point was my limit for a shot and that would send me round the racetrack for a good 6-8 hours before I would consider redosing and a gram would last several days. Often I would lack at the bag and say "I'll never get through all that"....

3 days ago I did a gram in 18 hours with up to 2 points shots. I had horniness but no other energy and instead of jerking off for 12 hours I gave up after about 30 minutes as too much effort. However, while tired I was mentally ok and capable of attending a business meeting and dinner with a bunch of straight people and conducting myself sensibly and (according to their subsequent emails) contributing valuably to the proceedings.

Using seroquel I slept for 6 hours or so every 36-48 hours until yesterday when I did a gram in a little under 12 hours and wanted to just go to bed after the last - get this - 3 point shot.

I have never really experienced total stim tolerance before and as I was using meth from 3 different sources (which had each blown my mind of earlier occasions) the lack of impact was internal to me.

I think what was happening was that I was becoming tolerant to the meth while the seroquel was reducing the threshold for tolerance until meth had no impact whatsoever. The seroquel also reduces the comedown effects (off which I have basically none) and I feel totally calm as if I had never had meth in my life and had no idea what a comedown was. I've just spent 8 hours lying down listening to chill music and feeling quite cheery with no craving.

My reason for posting this info is to counter earlier posts I had made praising seroquel a bit too much for taking the lows out of stim binges. I would more correctly believe it has a role to play in the cessation of stim use by taking the fun out of it permanently. However, for all those posters asking "how do I quit meth" this might be an idea to follow up on.

For me the challenge is to make the positive choice to keep on the anti-psychotics and likely therefore stay of stims completely.

Seroquel has changed my life. Literally suicidal a few weeks ago to finally stable.
Please, everyone, remember: Not all drugs work for EVERYONE. I've been on a rollercoaster of swapping and changing meds whilst going through a complete mental/ nervous breakdown.
I've FINALLY found the right combo for me (Seroquel/ Effexor/ clonazepam) and I feel alive again.

After my first go on meth maybe 4-5 years ago got out of control and tipped into daily IV usage and psychosis I swore I would never try it again but for the last 2 months or so I have been trying to manage a low-impact binge by using it differently in the belief that it was lack of sleep and the post-high crash that caused the major problems and not so much the drug itself. Today seems to be the end of this second meth adventure as my Harm Reduction strategy worked a little too well and made meth unusable and a huge waste of money. In the last 3 days I've basically wasted 2 grams as having zero effect. The desperation to have an effect also resulted in some sketchy wounds on my arms and some blown out veins.

Basically I have been going for 36 hours high followed by 12-24 hours chilling by forcing myself to sleep using seroquel. I believed the seroquel mitigated the crash, caused sleep and generated an appetite which all seemed like a win-win. Over two months I rarely felt 'down' and cravings were pretty mild. However, although this worked for a while I am, now at the point where meth is no longer working in most respects. When I take it IV I get a mild heate wave flush rather than a euphoric rush and then promptly get tired and have no major increase in mental or physical energy. I also restarted my Abilify dosage about a week ago.

When I began 2 months ago 1 point was my limit for a shot and that would send me round the racetrack for a good 6-8 hours before I would consider redosing and a gram would last several days. Often I would lack at the bag and say "I'll never get through all that"....

3 days ago I did a gram in 18 hours with up to 2 points shots. I had horniness but no other energy and instead of jerking off for 12 hours I gave up after about 30 minutes as too much effort. However, while tired I was mentally ok and capable of attending a business meeting and dinner with a bunch of straight people and conducting myself sensibly and (according to their subsequent emails) contributing valuably to the proceedings.

Using seroquel I slept for 6 hours or so every 36-48 hours until yesterday when I did a gram in a little under 12 hours and wanted to just go to bed after the last - get this - 3 point shot.

I have never really experienced total stim tolerance before and as I was using meth from 3 different sources (which had each blown my mind of earlier occasions) the lack of impact was internal to me.

I think what was happening was that I was becoming tolerant to the meth while the seroquel was reducing the threshold for tolerance until meth had no impact whatsoever. The seroquel also reduces the comedown effects (off which I have basically none) and I feel totally calm as if I had never had meth in my life and had no idea what a comedown was. I've just spent 8 hours lying down listening to chill music and feeling quite cheery with no craving.

My reason for posting this info is to counter earlier posts I had made praising seroquel a bit too much for taking the lows out of stim binges. I would more correctly believe it has a role to play in the cessation of stim use by taking the fun out of it permanently. However, for all those posters asking "how do I quit meth" this might be an idea to follow up on.

For me the challenge is to make the positive choice to keep on the anti-psychotics and likely therefore stay of stims completely.
Jesus christ, reading your post gave me the chills..in a good way lol. Your situation almost mirrors mine atm. Ive been on a 3 month run now with no real come down after the first initial one. I fell into a pattern of sleeping and eating rather easily thanks to (i think) the zoloft im also on.
I dont use needles but snort it multiple times daily. Not even a sliver of euphoria in over a month. Its like it continues to give you just enough of an effect to keep you hanging on. Just hightened focus and small mood lift. Basically im using it to feel normal, baseline, at this point.
I often have to ask myself if im high or not and we all know if you have to do that, you aint high. Anyway, i feel your pain.
***my main point was supposed to be about certain psych meds and their role in increasing addiction potential.

Last edited:
Jesus christ, reading your post gave me the chills..in a good way lol. Your situation almost mirrors mine atm. Ive been on a 3 month run now with no real come down after the first initial one. I fell into a pattern of sleeping and eating rather easily thanks to (i think) the zoloft im also on.
I dont use needles but snort it multiple times daily. Not even a sliver of euphoria in over a month. Its like it continues to give you just enough of an effect to keep you hanging on. Just hightened focus and small mood lift. Basically im using it to feel normal, baseline, at this point.
I often have to ask myself if im high or not and we all know if you have to do that, you aint high. Anyway, i feel your pain.
***my main point was supposed to be about certain psych meds and their role in increasing addiction potential.

Thanks - I think at this point finding a new hobby (or at least a new drug) is required. Meth is dead to me. I'm certainly not getting high off it anymore.

Rule 1. Don't listen to mental health doctor's who push drugs onto you. Every drug they push is designed to fuck up you're meth high.
Rule 2. Understand every mental health doctor assumes their patient is on meth for some reason , especially if you live in CA the doctors will talk behind you're back swearing that you're on street drugs God forbid you have a mild problem.
Rule 3. Stop using seroquel. You don't hear voices?. If you are normal like me you don't need any medication and you simply got stuck in the mental health system by accident like me. I plead not guilty in court , didn't want to do 52 anger managment classes so instead I plead insanity . Big mistake! Now I'm getting Vega injection in my arm every 3 months which makes it impossible to get stoned off weed...:(
I hate the mental health system so bad I wish Islamic terrorist kidnap all the Jewish doctors and behead them for wrongly diagnosing me with paranoid schizophrenia just because I had anger issues... What a joke the mental health system is they just diagnose anyone with schizophrenia ....

And last once you lay off seroquel for a couple months change your ROA. Seroquel may have permanent effects where smoking or injecting meth won't get you high!.
I can't get high if I smoke meth but if I snort it , it gets me high :) .
But I run out of dopamine in the 2nd day of using.... :( so I have to wait a week. Waiting a week is key to getting high again.

yagain.yep I was going through the same thing . You have no dopamine left dude.
Take a week off and snort it again and you will be so fuckin happy and uplifting.341774-fd764811a73930f8cc8cfe75307c47c3.jpg

Update: it has not quite ended as a fell off the wagon this afternoon and shot some meth.

I can report that after a very healthy 7 day break with lots of good food, supplements and sleep it works pretty well again although I needed quite high dosage still (.4 gram made me nice and euphoric in a manageable and basically coherent way and I've passed muster with plenty of civilians since I did it).

Fortunately I am on a flight tomorrow to a deathfordrugs country where being clean is the only option. It was that scenario which gave me the rationale for 'one last fling'.

So many people abuse meth without fully understanding the essential role dopamine plays in actually getting high.

Using meth daily at any dose is not sustainable. Once your dopamine is spent, a break is the only way to restore it. Aka the ability to get "high" and feel euphoria at all.

Daily use and higher doses isn't the solution. This will cause a huge tolerance spike which can become long term, as well as serious physical damage.

Burning out your dopamine receptors can cause serious problems that could take YEARS to heal, maybe never completely.

The positive effects of meth will be drastically reduced, very quickly, and the negative effects will be worse.

Be smart! At least understand what you are choosing to do. Meth isnt like other drugs and should be used accordingly.

So many people abuse meth without fully understanding the essential role dopamine plays in actually getting high.

Using meth daily at any dose is not sustainable. Once your dopamine is spent, a break is the only way to restore it. Aka the ability to get "high" and feel euphoria at all.

Daily use and higher doses isn't the solution. This will cause a huge tolerance spike which can become long term, as well as serious physical damage.

Burning out your dopamine receptors can cause serious problems that could take YEARS to heal, maybe never completely.

The positive effects of meth will be drastically reduced, very quickly, and the negative effects will be worse.

Be smart! At least understand what you are choosing to do. Meth isnt like other drugs and should be used accordingly.

It takes large amounts of meth to burn out the receptors, you would be having to smoke 3 grams a day for 60 days straight to start damaging the receptors. But even when they are damaged they can come back to full replenishment under a period of 3 months with no meth use . If you smoke base crack cocain or abuse speed you can corrupt you're receptors from only releasing dopamine if you go on binges . That's what happen to a friend of my'n and it took 2 years for his brain to be normal again.

It takes large amounts of meth to burn out the receptors, you would be having to smoke 3 grams a day for 60 days straight to start damaging the receptors.

i think it depends a lot on the individual and what other drugs or pharmaceuticals they are taking. Anti-psychotics definitely lower the threshold for tolerance.

The thing about meth use, for some, is where they live and the availability/price for it. If you live someplace where it is extremely cheap, great quality and easy to get, and is damn near a national past time and basically woven into the fabric of the area, its hard not to do as much as you want every day and not have to worry about spending much money and when its no longer draining you financially and starts to be an all the time thing, well what does a person do then?!

Update: it has not quite ended as a fell off the wagon this afternoon and shot some meth.

I can report that after a very healthy 7 day break with lots of good food, supplements and sleep it works pretty well again although I needed quite high dosage still (.4 gram made me nice and euphoric in a manageable and basically coherent way and I've passed muster with plenty of civilians since I did it).

Fortunately I am on a flight tomorrow to a deathfordrugs country where being clean is the only option. It was that scenario which gave me the rationale for 'one last fling'.
Yeah constant use depletes your dopamine and gotta go without if want that rush back. I force myself to refrain for at least a few days every so often just so I can enjoy it all again. Gotta say that sometimes having to wait for payday can be real bloody helpful