• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth test results

Ducks_like_me

Greenlighter
I tested some shards that came off one large 8 gram piece and the results are not indicating methamphetamine from what I can see.

Marquis results appear dark brown and Simon's a-b does have some blue but more of a turquoise (from my understanding it should be royal blue, especially after an anhydrous acetone wash)

Any thoughts?

Yup definitely sounds off enough for me to say it’s probably better tossed than not. Marquis should go an orangey brown, the orange comes first then it slowly goes more brown but I don’t recall ever seeing dark brown.

As for the Simons, you are correct it should be a Royal Blue. Very distinct blue that is far away from turquoise.

Sad thing is we can’t really say what it is, all I can say is what it is not.. And it is not meth. If there’s any it’s probably in the single digit % range of the total composition.

-GC

Yup definitely sounds off enough for me to say it’s probably better tossed than not. Marquis should go an orangey brown, the orange comes first then it slowly goes more brown but I don’t recall ever seeing dark brown.

As for the Simons, you are correct it should be a Royal Blue. Very distinct blue that is far away from turquoise.

Sad thing is we can’t really say what it is, all I can say is what it is not.. And it is not meth. If there’s any it’s probably in the single digit % range of the total composition.

-GC
Ya that really sucks, thank you for your help. It wouldn't let me upload with the link but I've included pictures. Why can't people just sell good drugs? This person could've had a repeat customer, alas if they were all business minded people they would probably apply that knowledge to more legal endeavors.

Without doing some separation like thin layer chromatography, the only thing you can tell is "not pure meth". Chromatography would separate the constituent cuts and allow for testing of the individual substances.

Ya that really sucks, thank you for your help. It wouldn't let me upload with the link but I've included pictures. Why can't people just sell good drugs? This person could've had a repeat customer, alas if they were all business minded people they would probably apply that knowledge to more legal endeavors.

It’s an age old question, and the answer is probably greed.

Thanks for the pics, and can confidently say that I would not touch that. The brown is far too brown nearing black, and the blue is so light. With the Simons the blue should be dark and rich even with super small amounts. That blue seems to green to me as well.

-GC

The problem with most colorimetric tests is that they are achiral so if you got the (much) less active isomer, these tests will not tell you.

If you can run tests to show if it IS methamphetamine (or whatever the tests suggest it is), then we can suggest a way to detect isomers. Usually it's salting the freebase with an optically active acid.

Sounds mad but do not forget that quite a few medicines rely on naproxen (yes, the old-school anti-inflammatory medicine) to resolve the isomers of said medicine. Why naproxen? It's cheap.

The problem with most colorimetric tests is that they are achiral so if you got the (much) less active isomer, these tests will not tell you.

If you can run tests to show if it IS methamphetamine (or whatever the tests suggest it is), then we can suggest a way to detect isomers. Usually it's salting the freebase with an optically active acid.

Sounds mad but do not forget that quite a few medicines rely on naproxen (yes, the old-school anti-inflammatory medicine) to resolve the isomers of said medicine. Why naproxen? It's cheap.

How does naproxen resolve isomers exactly? First I heard that.

-GC