• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth slowly turning brown?

Koka-kola

Bluelighter
So is it normal for meth to slowly turn brown as you smoke it or am I just slowly burning it? I'm relatively new to smoking so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Brown is the color decomposition when organic (hydrocarbon based) molecules are considered. You might want to revisit your smoking technique.

I myself am not very versed in smoking/vaping. I've only tried smoking #3 heroin and a-pvp on foil. I'm not especially good at it and therefore mainly inject my drugs. Surely someone with proper skills and knowledge will eventually chime in.

It is quite normal for meth to turn caramel colour as you smoke a bowl. Even if you have the most pure stuff and acetone wash it, you will eventually get discolouration as you smoke it no matter how careful you are. Normally I find my crack back stays white through about 1/2 the bowl and then starts to go caramel and finally to honey coloured at the end - but I am a very fast smoker and don’t often let the puddle cool right down to solid. So long as it does not taste burnt, you have not gone too far with heating.

If you want to smoke well look into using a spirit burner with a very narrow wick and small flame. They can be home made using a perfume bottle and a ball-inflator pump spike, or you can buy them on Amazon (with slightly larger flame). They are fuelled with methylated spirits/ denatured alcohol. On the lowest possible flame setting they only burn at around 150 C which is just below the melting point of meth. You can keep the flame right on the bowl almost the whole time and the meth won’t burn. It makes you smoke slower too. Way better than either a bic or torch.

So is it normal for meth to slowly turn brown as you smoke it or am I just slowly burning it? I'm relatively new to smoking so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's normal if you've got multiple heads in the circle all using the same glass. Everyone's technique is a little different, even if you're all veterans.
I found out early on that I smoked better alone. Under those conditions I'm able to keep the glass looking brand new and the puddle keeps it's creamy off-white hue.

So in short, its "normal" until you get better at it.

Move the lighter farther away and rotate the pipe around so as to keep the heat more evenly distributed. A caramely color is okay but you don't want it going dark brown or black. You should be able to taste when it gets burnt, it's the worst.

Rotate as in circles or as in rolling the bowl?
I rock the bowl left to right but rotate the flame in a circle around the edges of the puddle. You want to keep the edges liquid so the meth puddle will flow onto the cooler glass sides of the bowl as you rock. That’s where it vaporises. Not in the middle of the puddle. Heating too much in the middle and it won’t flow but will burn.