• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth shelf life?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
I recently found half a point of meth powder stashed in the back of my drawer I bought back in 2015 and remembered this was real good stuff. I took all of it sublingually but it now had little effect.

So the question is does meth degrade over time?

I don't wanna buy a lot to get it cheaper only to have it lose strength. I keep hearing it's a stable chemical but who has experience with finding old meth lying around and found it still was potent as ever or had degraded to the point it barely did anything?

I recently found half a point of meth powder stashed in the back of my drawer I bought back in 2015 and remembered this was real good stuff. I took all of it sublingually but it now had little effect.

So the question is does meth degrade over time?

I don't wanna buy a lot to get it cheaper only to have it lose strength. I keep hearing it's a stable chemical but who has experience with finding old meth lying around and found it still was potent as ever or had degraded to the point it barely did anything?
don't think so it would have degraded over the time. May be it was already of a lower quality when you bought it.

Maybe the powder was low dosage? Powder can be surprisingly low in density compared to crystal. You been using any other drugs recently?

-GC

Sublingual = under your tongue or did u just swallow it? If it made contact with any of the wet mucus membrane areas in your mouth (everything besides your teeth) you will know right away. Quality stuff will bite back immediately, similar to licking a 9 volt battery. It should also be very bitter, with minimal/no "saltiness".
Personally, sublingual onset is instantaneous. It's scary how fast it let's u know.
Shelf life shouldn't be an issue If stored somewhere dry.

Sublingual = under your tongue or did u just swallow it? If it made contact with any of the wet mucus membrane areas in your mouth (everything besides your teeth) you will know right away. Quality stuff will bite back immediately, similar to licking a 9 volt battery. It should also be very bitter, with minimal/no "saltiness".
Personally, sublingual onset is instantaneous. It's scary how fast it let's u know.

I always laugh when people say MDMA should taste salty.. That’s just a shitty chemist that had leftover sodium hydroxide in the non-polar before gassing. I only remember tasting salty MDMA once with an impure batch. For meth the exact same applies, if gassed with hydroxide in the mix and you got some nice table salt to snort/shoot/smoke.

-GC

Oh and never store in your freezer.
Not sure why this practice became popular, but it's useless and you'll just end up with wet gear once all that frost thaws lol.

Last edited:
Maybe the powder was low dosage? Powder can be surprisingly low in density compared to crystal. You been using any other drugs recently?

-GC
I weighed out 10mg just to test and it was pretty good. First time using meth and no other drugs had been consumed.

I placed it on my tounge and it instantly dissolved. It tasted a little bitter but had a quite pleasant chemical taste. Yes the effects kicked in very fast and the 10mg I took was like 10mg of good quality smoked ice if not stronger.

Oh and never store in your freezer.
Not sure why this practice became popular, but it's useless and you'll just end up with wet gear once all that frost thaws lol.

I'd guess it originated with dealers helping keep moisture from evaporating from their batches. I've literally lost nearly 0.25g of gear to the ether out of a 7g bag over a 6 month time frame.