• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth: scars from IV use

FayeHarderway

Bluelighter
Is there an effective way of removing track marks? I've developed some gnarly scars on my arm from slamming meth. They're pretty ugly. Is there a way to get rid of the scarring or am I doomed to wear long sleeves the rest of my life?

Some people recommend various things like vitamin e cream and so forth. I'm sure some other people will make some suggestions.

I'm sorry to report that mine have remained in the almost 4 years since I stopped shooting up every day (heroin). I haven't done anything to try and get rid of them though.

They're essentially scars, scars can fade to the point of being unnoticeable, but it can take a long time.

Some people recommend various things like vitamin e cream and so forth. I'm sure some other people will make some suggestions.

I'm sorry to report that mine have remained in the almost 4 years since I stopped shooting up every day (heroin). I haven't done anything to try and get rid of them though.

They're essentially scars, scars can fade to the point of being unnoticeable, but it can take a long time.
This. Unfortunately there is not much to do. I'm personally not convinced that Vitamin E & other such creams that people recommend really do that much but they are worth trying. Better to have tried than not. Sorry to give a pessimistic response to OP but that's just how it goes. You pays your money and you takes your chance. Some people use stuff like Dermablend makeup to cover up but that's strictly a cosmetic measure that you have to repeat daily. I haven't shot dope in longer than Jess and I still have some noticeable scars. They do fade with time though.

Yeah I'm not convinced they do much either. I've seen people use them for other kinds of scars with extremely limited results unfortunately.

And well, I like long sleeves anyway, and with most people I don't care I'd they know I was a junkie. Soo I don't go to much effort to try and hide it.

Yeah, I kinda had a feeling that's the response I was gonna get. What about laser scar removal or treatments. Anyone heard anything good with that?

Shit... time to stop

On one arm that I'd hit up in more as its my left I'm I'm right handed I have a full sleeve tattoo lol, I only had scars that you could see if you looked hard so they wasn't bad, I just happened to of wanted a sleeve

So yeah that's a solution lol

That's true. I had thought of that before.. might have to do that. How can I post a pic on here, I wanna know how bad you guys think this is. I don't know anyone else who slams so I have no reference point

You
That's true. I had thought of that before.. might have to do that. How can I post a pic on here, I wanna know how bad you guys think this is. I don't know anyone

You need to download a photo sharing app called imgur then upload it there and post that link onto here

Yeah that works they will fade and be much better when you quit but it will take years and might not fade completely, but they won't be no where near as bad, scare go skin colour, you'll still notice them much more than others as you will remember where they are, the sooner you stop the sooner they'll fade, good luck with it

Yeah that works they will fade and be much better when you quit but it will take years and might not fade completely, but they won't be no where near as bad, scare go skin colour, you'll still notice them much more than others as you will remember where they are, the sooner you stop the sooner they'll fade, good luck with

Lemme know if that works

Alrighty so the good news is a lot of that is bruising. You said you're still using so that wouldn't be surprising.

The bruises will go away and what's left won't look like that, It wouldn't surprise me if that left side mark becomes completely unnoticeable (or pretty close). You might have some scarring on the right, which is where one of my track marks is as well (assuming I'm seeing your right arm there, which is what it appears to be to me).

Until you stop it can be hard to tell what you'll be left with.

My plan to cover mine is a tattoo not sure what else would work that well 😄
I'm thinking surgical removal/treatment is a close 2nd, maybe even the best solution depending on the results. Worth looking into for sure.

@JessFR yeah alot of what we see is bruising but beneath that it's pretty dark and thick. I was slamming coke a few months ago before indulging in my meth craving. And I was poking several times a night once a weekend, messed me up pretty bad. Then thought I'd be better off using meth because I'd shoot less.... and that backfired because I don't even get that high anymore. I imagine shooting come again will probably put me to sleep now

I would always use Hirudoid ointment soon after shooting and barely have marks despite 1000’s of shots of stimulants from amp sulfate to coke to meth. And I went through faces where I was hitting up 24 times a day.

@Atelier3 thats a lot of shooting.. I've never counted the most number of times I've shot but when I was shooting coke I'd slam 2-3x per hour til the 1/8 was gone. 💀
I'll check out that ointment, thank you 😊

Not necessarily a scar but I slammed some shit and didn’t miss the vein and it didn’t burn up until I finished the injection when I pulled out. It was fucking weird I was careful and everything. So you think a warm cloth will save me from amputation? This lump is huge I’m shocked at the size of it no the fact that I didn’t miss so wtf happened last minute for it to do this? I don’t know where it went wrong ? What should I do if a warm cloth and hot water ain’t cutting it? Go to the ER and get my arm amputated?

Not necessarily a scar but I slammed some shit and didn’t miss the vein and it didn’t burn up until I finished the injection when I pulled out. It was fucking weird I was careful and everything. So you think a warm cloth will save me from amputation? This lump is huge I’m shocked at the size of it no the fact that I didn’t miss so wtf happened last minute for it to do this? I don’t know where it went wrong ? What should I do if a warm cloth and hot water ain’t cutting it? Go to the ER and get my arm amputated?
Warm compresses and see if it goes away. If it doesn't, or starts to be painful, red, warm, etc. you are dealing with an abscess which requires emergency medical attention. What you have now if those signs are absent is probably not an abscess but can easily develop into one. You need to be very careful here and when in doubt seek medical attention.

They won't amputate your arm for no good reason and the sooner you get it checked the better off you'll likely be.

It's hard to conjecture on this, but your health and your life has value and if it doesn't get better very soon please go and get it checked out. <3