• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants meth psycosis wont go away

Status
Not open for further replies.

betrayed

Greenlighter
hi,
first of all i would like to share a bit of my drug history. i am 29 years old and i started smoking pot when i was 18. smoked for 5 years regularly and then quit and haven't smoked apart from the occasional joint on a mdma comedown. i tried ecstasy when i was 21 and in college and although i wasnt a heavy user but i did use it quite often. fast forward 2011 and i started meth. it was all nice and enjoyable but than i got a severe case of meth psychosis. went to rehab was clean for six months and tried meth and got psychosis again.

coming to the original question no matter how long a break i take( have been 9 months clean) one hit of meth gives me psychosis, i drink and roll on mdma and even snort coke once in a while but they dont give me any form of mental illness but meth does?

is there a cure or any way i can prevent it from giving me psychosis

The only thing I can think of would be get some benzos in your system first. Ive never had any kind of psychosis or even anxiety from stims if I use benzos before hand. Or, just don't do meth anymore.

I thought about it for a while and I think I've come up w/ a solution to your problem -- don't do meth. brilliantly simple huh?

and eye spy an oxymoron ... "I wasn't a heavy user but I did use it quite often." what is the difference between using "quite often" and using "heavily" for you? just curious.

Abstaining from methamphetamine is the best way to prevent bad side effects. If you are going to do meth anyway, use a proper 0.01g or milligram scale to measure and keep your doses below 100mg. Taking it orally instead of smoking it can help too.

Not using, is the only sure way to avoid it. I hate tbh, but that's the truth. ^^ sekio has given you the other option that may work for you. Usually, if the same effects keep repeating, stopping, therapy and nutrition are your best bet.

Abstaining from methamphetamine is the best way to prevent bad side effects. If you are going to do meth anyway, use a proper 0.01g or milligram scale to measure and keep your doses below 100mg. Taking it orally instead of smoking it can help too.

This
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.