• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth perma side effects?

Methamphetamine has been shown over and over to be more neurotoxic than MDMA so the same risks and long term effects still apply just the same.

I’ve never met a long term user that was even remotely normal. That said, I know lots of people who use occasionally and are functioning at ever level from blue color to physicians.

I’m in the occasional use bucket - not meth but I have used it before. Hated it though and couldn’t see why anyone likes it though personally. Coke was always lame to me personally. MDMA and amphetamine, along with psychedelics, are my personal go-to’s.
I think it's hilarious when people make blanket statements about a drug they did a couple times and have an admitted bias against lol

I think it's hilarious when people make blanket statements about a drug they did a couple times and have an admitted bias against lol

What bias is that? I don’t have one, just a view that I formed from a combo of experience and the medical literature available

No, there's definately no evidence to back that up - despite it's terrible name in the media heroin is actually one of the most non-toxic drugs on earth. You can inject it into babies and frail old grannies dying of cancer and they'll be fine. It's not neurotoxic in any way shape or form.

Coming from someone who can’t spell ‘definitely’....

Is it neurotoxic? Probably not. Is regular using going to cause changes in the brain? Absolutely.

Either I can't spell it or I'm a shitty laptop that keeps resetting the cursor to halfway through the word as I write.

Everything causes changes to the brain tho - being alive for another day causes changes to the brain.

That's unusual tweak - the whole point of speed/meth is that it decreases your appetite and need for sleep.

When I have been pushing meth hard for a while and am presumedly totally depleted I get into a state where I can sleep and have voracious appetite even after a shot.

To be honest I only notice scary side effects when I have no dopamine left and it feels like my brain is screaming at me telling me stop LoL.
I've never experienced any permanent side effects other then one time I was on a 3 day binge and heard a voice call my name on day 4 .
Meth is a class A stimulant which means there is no major long term side effects but there is a list of short term side effects .
I've have heard of people saying they heard voices even after not using meth anymore.
So there is a small percentage of people out there that suffer from auditory hullicinations after using meth for a couple of months but it's a very small percentage of people.

Like maybe 1% out 99% will experience hearing voices long term after heavy meth use.

Meth for me only makes me trip hard if I havnt had any sleep for 4 days then I start to see things and hear things.