• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth overdose?? Maybe just a panic attack??

astralbaron

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight. This is my first post here. I had something a few nights ago and idk if it was a heart attack or just stimulant panic. Like an increasing pressure in my chest and numbness and almost kind of paralysis in my arms. Scared the shit out of me. I took 6 big hits of meth from a freebase pipe. Must've been really strong stuff because I took that a year ago last time I did Ice with no problem. I drove to a friend's NYE party in a neighboring town and about halfway there I had this really crazy increasing pressure in my chest, heart was racing, arms were numb and almost paralyzed. Thought I was going to die and considered calling 911 but did not wanna get in trouble for posession. Pulled over and walked around a bit and it kind of went away. Got back in and it slowly started to coming back so I did the same 2 more times before reaching the destination. Eventually I got there and I started drinking and socializing and it didn't come back for the rest of the night. Was this just a panic attack? I hope I didn't fuck my heart up. I do not even use a lot of drugs recreationally anymore but I do take adderall IR 2 times a day to help me focus for ADD. Took my adderall the day I did this but I smoked this 11 hours after my last dose so it should've been worn off by then. Still slept about 8 hours after smoking. Feel like the alcohol probably helped with that. Didn't take any stims the following day but did after and was fine, although my chest feels like it may have been slightly tighter than usual. Idk though, maybe that's just in my head because it's normal for your chest to feel a little tight on adderall. Asked a friend who I called an ambulance for because he thought he was having a heart attack a few years ago and he had the same symptoms but it just ended up being a panic attack. It was 6 pretty big hits off of just one shard out of a 2 gram bag so it seems unlikely that that would be an overdose or serious heart damage amount. Considering throwing it all down the toilet after that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Also I am not old or unhealthy or anything. I am 26, Lift weights 6 days a week, go to a boxing gym 3-5 days a week, very conscious about diet and what I consume and try to avoid gmos, seed oils, sugar and things like that as best as I can.

I would definitely lean towards an anxiety attack and not an overdose. Even if it was pure meth, 6 hits isn't enough to truly overdose anyone.

Meth overdoses are typically not fatal, as long as you can reach a hospital in reasonable time. Meth overdoses kill people via complications, such as people who have heart conditions, prone to heart attack, etc.

There are several variations, cuts and impurities in street meth which might cause a reaction like this.

I've had similar reactions myself, but after much more than 6 hits.

I would listen to your gut and just toss that shit bro. if you're a boxer the only thing meth is going to bring into your life is pain and destruction, it will kill all your goals very quickly, will ruin your sex life, destroy everything

meth is a dirtier and more hardcore drug than heroin (we are not biased or judgemental here, but that's the truth everyone will tell you)

Last edited:
I get severe panic attacks and they feel very similar to your description. However strong stimulants can trigger both panic attacks and actual heart attacks, the symptoms can be nearly impossible to tell apart, and this can happen at anytime no matter if you've used before without issue.

Do you feel continuing pains or tightness in your chest? Do you experience any symptoms when trying to exercise, such as pressure or breathlessness?...
If not you shouldn't have anything to worry about ; but if you want to put your mind at rest, go and have an ECG done. This will let you know whether you did have a heart attack or no.

I would definitely lean towards an anxiety attack and not an overdose. Even if it was pure meth, 6 hits isn't enough to truly overdose anyone.

Meth overdoses are typically not fatal, as long as you can reach a hospital in reasonable time. Meth overdoses kill people via complications, such as people who have heart conditions, prone to heart attack, etc.

There are several variations, cuts and impurities in street meth which might cause a reaction like this.

I've had similar reactions myself, but after much more than 6 hits.

I would listen to your gut and just toss that shit bro. if you're a boxer the only thing meth is going to bring into your life is pain and destruction, it will kill all your goals very quickly, will ruin your sex life, destroy everything

meth is a dirtier and more hardcore drug than heroin
Thanks I will probably take your advice. I love stimulants and the energy, motivation, euphoria and confidence they give me but after that and after reading some stuff written by long term users on here it seems like I should stay clear of ice entirely. I'll just stick with adderall, never gave me an experience like I had that night.

I get severe panic attacks and they feel very similar to your description. However strong stimulants can trigger both panic attacks and actual heart attacks, the symptoms can be nearly impossible to tell apart, and this can happen at anytime no matter if you've used before without issue.

Do you feel continuing pains or tightness in your chest? Do you experience any symptoms when trying to exercise, such as pressure or breathlessness?...
If not you shouldn't have anything to worry about ; but if you want to put your mind at rest, go and have an ECG done. This will let you know whether you did have a heart attack or no.
I felt some tightness after a took adderall 2 days later. It's normal to feel some tightness in the chest on that tho so I wasn't sure if I was just psyching myself out or not. Maybe I should get an ECG

Thanks I will probably take your advice. I love stimulants and the energy, motivation, euphoria and confidence they give me but after that and after reading some stuff written by long term users on here it seems like I should stay clear of ice entirely. I'll just stick with adderall, never gave me an experience like I had that night.
yup, stick to addys bro, they won't fuck you up like meth will

check out kratom, too, painkiller and a stimulant, it's amazing for working out and running, and won't fuck you up like hard drugs

I bet kratom would be amazing for boxing

check out kratom, too, painkiller and a stimulant, it's amazing for working out and running, and won't fuck you up like hard drugs

Think it would be wise to take a break from stims in general for maybe a week or so? Including my adderall script?

Yeah used to do Kratom every now and then and it was nice. I remember there were two strains, one of was more of a head buzz which I liked and one was more of a body buzz which I didn't care much for

Think it would be wise to take a break from stims in general for maybe a week or so? Including my adderall script?
I know you weren't asking me but yes, I would omit the meth for awhile and just stick to your addies.

Can you take the addies as prescribed or do you binge on them frequently. If you can just take one a day and call it good, I would continue with your meds. If you misuse your script well maybe it's time to take a look at why you do that.

Misusing meth AND addies can get real dicey real quick as I'm sure you are noticing.

Stay safe and have a good new year.

Yeah used to do Kratom every now and then and it was nice. I remember there were two strains, one of was more of a head buzz which I liked and one was more of a body buzz which I didn't care much for
I’m still contemplating trying kratom.. any advice on brands and strengths? I just need the energy and high-fucked up feeling (if that’s even possible with kratom idk)

I know you weren't asking me but yes, I would omit the meth for awhile and just stick to your addies.

Can you take the addies as prescribed or do you binge on them frequently. If you can just take one a day and call it good, I would continue with your meds. If you misuse your script well maybe it's time to take a look at why you do that.

Misusing meth AND addies can get real dicey real quick as I'm sure you are noticing.

I never binge or take large doses of adderall. Might omit meth for good. I'm just hoping that meth experience didn't permanently mess my heart up or something so they don't decide I can't have the script or cant take adderall anymore because it has really helped me.

I think Negentropic is right and it was just panic. Close friend of mine had a similar situation where he called me freaking out saying he was having a heart attack and I called him an ambulance and also rushed over to his house at night but it just ended up being a panic attack. Hard to say. Like I said, wasn't a lot of meth and I am a 160lb 26 year old who is very physically active and eats healthy but that was still a really scary experience. Used to use a lot of drugs in my teen years and never felt like I was on the verge of death like that.

Very wise. Many benefits.

If anything it will keep your tolerance down so you get higher when you do take it

I never binge or take large doses of adderall. Might omit meth for good. I'm just hoping that meth experience didn't permanently mess my heart up or something so they don't decide I can't have the script or cant take adderall anymore because it has really helped me.
I wouldn't worry about any sort of permanent damage. I've nearly called 911 on myself for similar reasons a dozen times. My heart is still strong, still run a 5k 3-4 times per week after 20 years of drugs.

I would however keep this in the back of your mind for future reference on how you react to various stims

I’m still contemplating trying kratom.. any advice on brands and strengths? I just need the energy and high-fucked up feeling (if that’s even possible with kratom idk)
" high " and " fucked up " aren't two sensations I would associate with kratom. Even the good stuff isn't THAT good.

Most you can hope for ( if you want those feelings ) is to get overpriced extracts and even those aren't like oxy or anything.........maybe 100 mg tramadol.

Kratom is subtle and I think people sometimes think it's going to blow your socks off and it doesn't. Not even for opioid naive and first time users. Mitragynine is only a partial agonist and not a particularly potent partial. It can be a nice substance as long as you know what it will, and won't, do.

Very wise. Many benefits.

If anything it will keep your tolerance down so you get higher when you do take it

I wouldn't worry about any sort of permanent damage. I've nearly called 911 on myself for similar reasons a dozen times. My heart is still strong, still run a 5k 3-4 times per week after 20 years of drugs.

I would however keep this in the back of your mind for future reference on how you react to various stims
Thanks man, you've been a great help

One weird thing about this experience is that it would go away as when I would pull over and walk around for a little bit and then once I reached that party and started drinking and socializing it went away for good. Kind of makes me think it was in my head

Kinda paranoid still. Been 4 days and there is still a slight tightness in my chest. Hope I didn't fuck up my heart. Should've never touched meth. Trying to schedule an appointment with a doctor

I had a very scary experience recently. I don't feel like airing it out in the open though, but if anyone here knows their stimulants and can make good medical diagnosis's, I'd like them to message me, so I can explain & see what might have happened to me. Im fine now I think but whatever happened was enough to keep me away from shit for good.

I had a very scary experience recently. I don't feel like airing it out in the open though, but if anyone here knows their stimulants and can make good medical diagnosis's, I'd like them to message me, so I can explain & see what might have happened to me. Im fine now I think but whatever happened was enough to keep me away from shit for good.
I'm in the same issue and no medical expert but I like your Avatar. Cernunnos?