• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth: Old Timer new question

Salmciel

Greenlighter
Hi y’all-
On offer for 15yrs. Just got a bag from my usual source I’ve been buying from
For a good 3yrs- and it’s good- but it has a very strange smell that I have never experienced before. The best way I can describe it sweet but “chemically” can’t really think of anything to compare it too. Maybe a hint of plastic? The smell wafted super strong after I crushed it but dissipated very quickly. Im not super worried but really just curious more than anything to see if there’s some new kind of cut/ wash/ solvent or anything of that nature. Im big on harm reduction and generally like to know what ingredients I might potentially have to contend With. I prefer to snort but sometimes if I get a bag of that Is a bit suspect I’ll just smoke it or eat it with an enteric cap. TIA

Howdy and welcome to Bluelight @Salmciel :)

First, you could try the bleach test. get some unscented bleach, just the regular shit. and drop a little piece in the bleach, and if u see the meth zip around in the bleach then its kinda somewhat legit to tell u that the meth u have is meth.

you could also try an acetone wash, check out this acetone wash that someone wrote howto.

There are a few other skilled others in the art of methamphetamine, so i'm sure they will post here shortly!

good luck!

@Salmciel the acetone wash that @D’s posted works fine but is written for amphetamine sulfate. Although the steps are essentially the same you might find this step-by-step helpful too: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...hints-hacks-here.778648/page-37#post-15227825

I’m presuming that your baggie contained rocks/shards. If I got a strong smell as you describe after I crushed the shards I’d consider three possibilities. The first is that it was badly synthesised meth and the smell is a manufacturing residue/impurity. The two common P2P manufacturing routes to make meth, Leuckart and reductive amination, both have over a dozen possible impurities depending on when the process is stopped.

The second possibility is that you have some chemical other than meth, maybe an RC, or meth re-rocked with that RC. I am not an expert on RCs but I don’t think common cathinones and methcathinones smell chemically at room temperature. There are readily available, cheap and legal reagent tests to determine both the presence of meth and the presence of some RCs like cathinones but definitely not all. At the very least I test meth with Marquis and Simon’s. A positive to meth on both of those is usually pretty conclusive.

The possibility is that your meth was re-rocked with some other possibly inert substance. I don’t know of anything commonly used to cut meth that has a chemical aroma at room temperature. The most common cut to re-rock it with is MSM. This definitely has a plastic chemical aroma and taste when you smoke it if it burns. It’s quite easy to detect though because it has a very different solubility to meth. Crush a shard and drop it in a few ml of room temperature water in a spoon. The meth will dissolve near instantly and the MSM will look like tiny bits of plastic at the bottom of the water./spoon.

I would definitely acetone wash the gear and then give it the smell test again. There is a risk, however, that whatever it is contaminated with is not easily soluble in acetone. I would definitely not consume meth with a plastic smelling cut that did not wash out in acetone.