• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth - Oil Burner - Carb Hole Way Too Big, Any Ideas Of How To Plug It?

iTokeAlot

Greenlighter
I typically buy new oil burners when I am getting more meth - depending on how good the last batch was, and how much residue it created. I have found a good source, who can get really pure stuff. For me, smoking 2-3 times per week (being up around 2+ days when using), $100 worth will last me a month, quite often even longer. I've been going pretty good on this for a while now, most of this past year (2021) and off and on during 2020.

Yet, I wasn't paying attention when the lady was getting my new set of oil burners and the carb hole is enormous, on both. I really need to find a way to plug it somehow, so any suggestion is extremely welcome, as I need more meth with my air (when smoking).

I am posting three images, the first two show the carb hole, and the last two, the 2nd shows the carb hole with a look inside at the quality I'm getting, and the 3rd is just more of that. This batch is one I'm extremely pleased with, I just need to make that damn carb hole smaller.

ME5KKH9_o.jpg

ME5KKH7_o.jpg

ME5KKH8_o.jpg

Use a cone piece over the carb hole. It will behave like a carb cap, as seen on a dab rig.

Cone piece of what? Aluminum Foil maybe? I read something similar in a different post, but I can't visualize it in my head, if possible, a diagram would help me tremendously.

you wanna plug your oil burner? definitely use lube

a cone piece for a bong like this is what i assume they mean

i would first recommend, however, going to your nearest needle exchange and ask if they have any crack/meth pipes they can give you. some do nowadays in order to keep the stimulant using community safe as well. or perhaps try a local non governmental activist group, as they have less restrictions to deal with.

you wanna plug your oil burner? definitely use lube

a cone piece for a bong like this is what i assume they mean

i would first recommend, however, going to your nearest needle exchange and ask if they have any crack/meth pipes they can give you. some do nowadays in order to keep the stimulant using community safe as well. or perhaps try a local non governmental activist group, as they have less restrictions to deal with.
Oh, ok, I think I understand better now, this is the post I was referring to that I found earlier, the link goes to the post which is #15. But thanks for your diagram, that helps me to visualize it.

Edit:

Ha, I just caught what you were saying about plugging my oil burner, that's funny, but, in no way would that ever happen, I mean, I got to put my mouth on that thing, lol.

Edit:

As for you 3rd paragraph, worse comes to worse I'll just go buy another couple, I'm not that broke. I still have my last two pipes also, yet, the last batch was not anything close to as good as this batch, so there's a ton of residue in both. I'll get my butane lighter out and clean them, see how they turn out. It's this bowl that's already full that concerns me, I just don't want to waste so much, as it's got a lot in it.

Last edited:
It's not exactly what's in the picture, as I don't know how I'd keep something that sits on top in place, but what I've made seems to work. Not as good as a smaller carb hole, granted, but it's better, though now I can't see when it liquefies.

I'm experienced enough to not need to see it as well, but I like to see it, as I'm a visual type of person.

I'll not use the other pipe and see if they might exchange it out where I bought it, it was the owner who sold it to me, I'm thinking it's possible.

This is my temporary solution for now, I may figure out something better later: Maybe something like cover the entire top of the bowl including the carb hole, then poke a hole through it. If I layer up the aluminum foil, it will be thick enough so that I can more accurately make the hole the size I want. I'll do some experimenting.

ME5KLM0_o.jpg

So, I should have left well enough alone, yet, I didn't, so, this is what can happen. I know it's possible to transfer, yet, this is a problem for another, sober, day, not for right now. Kids, meth pipes are thin, be careful. I was working on doing what I believe that other post I linked was talking about, I just exerted a bit too much pressure.

ME5KLTS_o.jpg

ME5KLRZ_o.jpg

I used to just put a 1.5” square piece of aluminium foil over the hole and kind of press it around the edge of the hole so it sat there. Then I’d just punch a small hole in the foil with a little spike I have on my key ring - maybe 2-3 mm diameter hole. As you huffed on the stem the vacuum would seal the aluminium foil in place even if it was only kind of loosely placed over the carb hole.

I’ve also dropped in a glass or brass cone piece as someone else suggested and once simply heated around the carb hole with a decent torch and kind of pulled the softened edges towards each other a bit with a small pair of tweezers.

That is something I'm going to have to test out, yet, now, I have to figure out the best way to get melted meth out of a broken pipe. I have backup oil burners, which I'm using, but there is a shit ton in that broken one.

I don't know if anyone will read this, but I still haven't done anything with my broken pipe, and have quite a lot in it I need to salvage. I did some Googling and found two posts on Quora that each describe a different method.

The first one, here describes using water and a needle to loosen it up and suck it up using the needle. I don't bang, and I will never bang, the only thing I know about banging is what I've overheard. Yet, it seems like the best way to salvage the most, at least to me. As once it's in the needle, it's easy from there.

The second one, here describes using water to loosen it up, as a side note, it is very nice that meth is water soluble, it is useful. This post talks about submerging the pipe in water, but I would like to use the least water as possible, so I don't dilute it, or take the chance of accidentally spilling and losing some on accident. I do have water droppers though, so I can easily measure it out and only use what I absolutely need, without just drowning the meth. It then talks about using a Q Tip to scrub it out, which is what I do after every bowl anyways - and to just scrape it onto a plate, or some kind of container. Then either use the oven to speed up the process or just allow the watered down meth to evaporate, leaving behind a powdered form of meth which can be used for smoking or snorting. You can drink it also, which defeats the purpose of going through the trouble of letting it evaporate. While I do like the idea of the other method, I have no needles, and have no desire to get any needles.

So I guess my only question would be, if I do the 2nd method, how much might be lost during the watering down and evaporating process? I knew I would have to use water for this, in order to loosen it up, I just want to lose or waste as little as possible as not only is there quite a lot in that pipe, but this is some good shit also. But I also want to just get this process over with and be done with it.

So, if anyone has any suggestions, advice, or a better technique, just let me know, as I'm going to do that probably tomorrow night sometime. Being the weekend and the staff here at my apartment won't just randomly knock on the door. As I don't want to be in the middle of something like that if that was to happen.

Edit:

I'm guessing it MIGHT be possible to somehow cover the broken part of the pipe, possibly with tin foil or something. And just very carefully smoke it as it is, yet, I hated the huge carb hole, and with a huge piece missing it would just be so difficult to create an enclosed space and not waste a shit ton. Yet, I realize it might be possible to do this, IF I could find a good way to seal it up somehow. I'm leaning towards the 2nd method described above though, as to me, with the materials I have it just seems the best way.

Last edited:
Grommet made of neoprene. I just went through this struggle myself. You can thank me later, but rather pass it fwd bud 👉

*Edit* - idk how to add a picture, I was gonna put a pic of mine you could see for yourself

If you want to make the hole smaller, just hit it with a torch. As the glass approaches melting temperature, it won't melt it'll just get soft, it's all holes shrink until they disappear eventually you will get a flat spot in your piece which you will just have to give it a little bit of breath like blow through it and make some pressure and it'll fix the flat spot. Inversely, if you want the hole to be bigger do the same thing but now blow while the heat element is on the glass. I would recommend using a mapp gas torch but propane will work and some butane lighters are hot enough but just go to home Depot and buy yourself a decent torch