• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Meth-newbie here

sala6460

Greenlighter
Found this site recently as I was trying to find info on the recreational use of this substance. About 6 months ago someone introduced it to me and after a brief stint with it I couldn't get anymore so I carried on.

About 3 weeks ago I was able to score some, and find myself taking a few hits about every 3 to 4 days. I want to reiterate that I have very little knowledge other than the scary shit the world tells you about this drug. I am confident I'm probably fucking it up when I do take it.

With all that being said, what is unnerving is how normal I feel on it. The level of clarity and oneness is way different than other substances I've tried in the past. The only immediate downside is the difficulty sleeping, and the slight guilt I feel having to hide it. No one is ever really happy to hear you're smoking meth ya know?

I try to be as safe as I can, and I do plan on taking a break after I'm done with my batch, it's just I don't use much to it kinda stretches. I guess I'm writing on here because I don't really have anyone legitimately to talk to specifically about the use and how it makes me feel. Thanks in advance for reading.

Welcome to bluelight!

Meth isn't as scary as its reputation, specially not if you take low amounts. Remember that it's also an approved medicine for severe ADHD under the tradename desoxyn and in the strength of 5mg. You won't necessarily end up as a zombie with a rotten mouth, this is a progress which takes some time and specially a certain negligent lifestyle, and high dosages. But it's certainly a possibility to slip into such stuff, so be aware and enjoy it as long as you can. When you can use just every 3-4 days then you'll be fine. It's important to sleep regularly, skipping nights is a ticket to psychosis,

Thanks for the reply. I definitely had a sleepless night or two, but I never go past one day. I've been limiting my use to certain times of the day, and laying down regardless. I'll keep it in mind for sure. I suspect that I may had untreated ADHD, but as it stands my doctor will not prescribe it so I have to just be. I have seen friends go down that dark path, and I don't wanna repeat that.

It's a shame that many doctors deny ADHD screenings to people suspecting to have it. In some countries there are specialized doctors which you can visit to get a screening, and medicine if warranted. I went that way in Switzerland after I got a personal recommendation, was tested positive, and scripted stimulants. Nowadays I live in another country and here the docs are dicks, afraid of prescribing controlled substances and I'm having to live w/o stims, what sucks. But as general, a positive reaction to low-dose stims doesn't necessarily mean that you have ADHD, it's about the strength of the symptoms etc. afaik.

Yeah, sleeping with meth is a problem, I know. Was always tempted to skip nights, like I was with the long-acting dissociatives like DCK and ended up with sleep deprivation psychosis, hearing voices, was interesting to experience this but not exatcly fun. If you never had psychosis, you'll tolerate a few nights off the bed but don't let it become regular. In case you react to them, you might try OTC sleep aids like doxylamine (a stronger sedative than diphenhydramine) or hydroxyzine.

Thankfully, I have sleep aids. Due to other psych issues I am unfortunately all to familiar with psychosis. However, I am doing well in that arena and take precautions depending on what is happening. I just know that it would be a shit show should it be found out by certain people, hence the me looking for information.

In the interim, I just want to be safe as much as possible and having "secrets" kinda opens a whole other can of worms. I have been diagnosed a long time ago, but in the situation I was in, there was no way to be prescribed medication, and due to already dealing with psychosis and insomnia, my Dr basically said its a no go. May have to find a new Dr, but not something I'm looking into right now.

Either way, ty for replying! I feel somewhat less of an idiot for even trying lol.

Welcome friend! Used as a tool, the substance is a godsend for ADHD'ers that can't seem to get to the flow state with less potent stims that only bring anxiety and clamminess at higher doses. My biggest tip would be to always have something to be doing while using. This can be recreational such as video games (my favorite) or watching movies or whatever or it can be productive such as working, cleaning, or other such tasks as long as it's SOMETHING. The slipperiest of all the slopes imo is when someone is just smoking it just to smoke it... When you find yourself sitting on the couch just chonging bubs on bubs with no intent of doing anything else you've wasted your precious gift and will be punished swiftly by the drug gods or whatever forces that be in subtle but disastrous ways. Stay doing stuff, be smart about it, and contribute to defusing the stigma!

and due to already dealing with psychosis and insomnia, my Dr basically said its a no go. May have to find a new Dr, but not something I'm looking into right now.

If you already deal with psychosis and insomnia I’d say stay far away from meth. It will only make it worse.
You’re in the early stages, so I can understand that you feel like it’s all under control. Unfortunately I haven’t known many meth users who have stayed in the “controlled” mode.
I started out doing it here and there, but before I knew it the time between the heres and theres started to shorten.
It’s a super slippery slope.
Consider yourself warned.

I've been up for 3 days, last dose of cristy meth was at 8 this morning, and I just roll with it. Staying up, drinking LOTS of water can clear things up faster than taking benzodiazepines, or seroquel ( I dont recommend these ideas whatsoever) , but other posts have suggested it, (very unwise...) but water will clear it out surprisingly fast. And if you can a small amount of food. .Itll cause the "crash",but that's going to happen anyway. Self talk, if negative thoughts ensue it's the symptoms of a " powder hangover" and you treat these thought like a machine rather than entertaining emotional symptoms, it's just the body trying to recuperate. And you can get through ok. As for me, I crashed, but the electricity is still very active, so i texted you! Just rolling with it peacefully. Peace be unto thee

I've been up for 3 days, last dose of cristy meth was at 8 this morning, and I just roll with it. Staying up, drinking LOTS of water can clear things up faster than taking benzodiazepines, or seroquel ( I dont recommend these ideas whatsoever) , but other posts have suggested it, (very unwise...) but water will clear it out surprisingly fast. And if you can a small amount of food. .Itll cause the "crash",but that's going to happen anyway. Self talk, if negative thoughts ensue it's the symptoms of a " powder hangover" and you treat these thought like a machine rather than entertaining emotional symptoms, it's just the body trying to recuperate. And you can get through ok. As for me, I crashed, but the electricity is still very active, so i texted you! Just rolling with it peacefully. Peace be unto thee
Facts here. Because of the way most sleep aids and downers deter REM sleep (incredibly important for neurotoxicity defense), I believe it is best to just hydrate up, eat, supplementize, and crash naturally when you are able to. Getting into a upper/downer double dependency cycle can be a nightmare.

Found this site recently as I was trying to find info on the recreational use of this substance. About 6 months ago someone introduced it to me and after a brief stint with it I couldn't get anymore so I carried on.

About 3 weeks ago I was able to score some, and find myself taking a few hits about every 3 to 4 days. I want to reiterate that I have very little knowledge other than the scary shit the world tells you about this drug. I am confident I'm probably fucking it up when I do take it.

With all that being said, what is unnerving is how normal I feel on it. The level of clarity and oneness is way different than other substances I've tried in the past. The only immediate downside is the difficulty sleeping, and the slight guilt I feel having to hide it. No one is ever really happy to hear you're smoking meth ya know?

I try to be as safe as I can, and I do plan on taking a break after I'm done with my batch, it's just I don't use much to it kinda stretches. I guess I'm writing on here because I don't really have anyone legitimately to talk to specifically about the use and how it makes me feel. Thanks in advance for reading.
Welcome !!!
I get what you mean about the clarity and the oneness.

From my experience this is how it manages to be so gripping. You don't feel f'd I mean you can very much get that way, but it's easy to feel and act normal. You then find yourself not able to function with out it it's very sneaky (I do have ADHD that was medicated on and off a long time) I find that it also has less bad side effects that say Vyvanse does. Which I had been prescribed the max dose even and hated, I felt weird and paranoid yet not on meth. If you find yourself at the point of "I really want to do it but I could go without" that's your cue to halt it because it's about to turn into excuse as to why you should do it. It's a red flag.

I just turned 50 Couple months ago and the whole year up to my birthday I was 1pondering what the fuck this life is all about.
What kept coming up to the top so to speak was this..
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. And this applies to all things.
When you deprive yourself of something, whether it be drugs, sex , indulgent foods, watching TV etc, it retains whatever made it desirable to you in the beginning.
When you indulge everyday it loses that specialness.
Ime/imo deprivation of things that I really enjoy is a type of therapy for me almost.
I look forward to a night with my husband and some party favors. Whatever those may be at the time..
I'm putting this out there because it's really helped me flip my perspective on many things.
Be safe whatever happens.. these days your meth can be contaminated by fentanyl. I've been poisoned 3 times and twice it was in my weed. So always check it out. Visually and if you can pick up a test. Since you're a newb I wanted to say that...

I just turned 50 Couple months ago and the whole year up to my birthday I was 1pondering what the fuck this life is all about.
What kept coming up to the top so to speak was this..
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. And this applies to all things.
When you deprive yourself of something, whether it be drugs, sex , indulgent foods, watching TV etc, it retains whatever made it desirable to you in the beginning.
When you indulge everyday it loses that specialness.
Ime/imo deprivation of things that I really enjoy is a type of therapy for me almost.
I look forward to a night with my husband and some party favors. Whatever those may be at the time..
I'm putting this out there because it's really helped me flip my perspective on many things.
Be safe whatever happens.. these days your meth can be contaminated by fentanyl. I've been poisoned 3 times and twice it was in my weed. So always check it out. Visually and if you can pick up a test. Since you're a newb I wanted to say that...
Wow in your weed? How would you test something like that?

Seeing you have a soft heart, for feeling bad cuz of it. It led me down a road that I was stuck in a jail cell. I could of signed out at any time. I was so outta it cuz the theme to the episode was the end times. If you can take breaks and just be aware that it can turn you into a zombie. It means you have ADD, when I was Adderall it was as if I am normal. I get it trust me. I'm not here to bash. I just asked God to save me and He did. I have no desire but I was tempted until God put me through a furnace. When I had that happen it shifted my thinking about psychology. I've studied various disorders. I know my shit. I can't stand doctors who get offended cuz I know what their giving me. I just let my doc know how I'm suffering and he will up the klonopin.

He took me off Adderall and put me on Vyvanse and that Shot my anxiety to the sky. I'm going 2 ask him about serdexmethylphenidate. I did good w Ritalin. This version however like Vyvanse can't be abused. I hope he has mercy on me.

Wow in your weed? How would you test something like that?
I don't even know. But it was in there. There is no mistaking that shit. I didn't test.. I found out the scary way.
I read on here someone thought it was in their DMT for fucks sake..

Facts here. Because of the way most sleep aids and downers deter REM sleep (incredibly important for neurotoxicity defense), I believe it is best to just hydrate up, eat, supplementize, and crash naturally when you are able to. Getting into a upper/downer double dependency cycle can be a nightmare.
Agreed.
Hydration is probably the most important and far as how you will physically feel. Ime at least.

Welcome to bluelight!

Meth isn't as scary as its reputation, specially not if you take low amounts. Remember that it's also an approved medicine for severe ADHD under the tradename desoxyn and in the strength of 5mg. You won't necessarily end up as a zombie with a rotten mouth, this is a progress which takes some time and specially a certain negligent lifestyle, and high dosages. But it's certainly a possibility to slip into such stuff, so be aware and enjoy it as long as you can. When you can use just every 3-4 days then you'll be fine. It's important to sleep regularly, skipping nights is a ticket to psychosis,
Yes.. never ever skip nights.

I know a couple people who use meth and still balance a career and life pretty well... Overall everything goes off the rails eventually. But one is a school teacher that has wild sex parties every week end. The other uses every day and could be considered mentally ill. But he always has a job.

As I remember Meth is somewhat perfect - but people are not perfect, so the mix is unbalanced from the start.

I think the OP's situation is probably as good as it gets, on the drug for a bit and enjoy, and then off without the substance around and enjoy that too.

I'm 71 now, had a tiny taste of meth 6 years back more or less, and before that 50 years ago in university.
Loved it each time. Felt centered and found it very easy to concentrate and also easy to laugh at life's absurdities.

I did try ethylphenidate or some RC a while back and it was not that great... RN however I found Ephedrine is for sale at the heath food store (yay!) and I am taking less than 16 mg per day. crushing the 8 mg pills and snorting little lines. Yes it sure dries up my sinuses and chest congestion, but also it is nearly as fine feeling as meth. More-ish (is the problem with these drugs) it seems that a bit more always seems exciting. I am sticking with small clandestine lines and being a good little old man. Don't tell my cardiologist.