• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth mouth and braces??

Mari

Greenlighter
My dog has been smoking meth just about everyday for the past 5 months. She has braces and just realized that her gums are starting to grow over the braces and bleeding a lot. The gum in between her teeth on the front bottom are peeling and the middle is receding. My dog is afraid because her dad was addicted as a young adult puppy and he may catch on to whats happening, and her dentist is a family member. Is there a way she can fix this on her own?

It is against BL rules to refer to yourself in third person, so please review them.

You should really see a dentist, and in the meantime focus on cutting down on the usage or removing the meth altogether if possible.
That said, having had extensive dental renovation (due to the byproduct of opiate abuse) there are some things I've learned that are worth sharing.
Many if not all drugs-illegal or prescription- produce changes to the pH of saliva. Because of the impact of the pH change in saliva,such as cavities forming, it generally will not return to baseline even upon discontinuing the drug. Unless you are fastidious in maintaining your dental hygiene along with keeping your body adequately hydrated, you're likely going to face dental problems of some sort.

For the sake of this response, I'm going to presume you have no dental insurance (or may be on the same plan as your father, which could pose an issue?)
If you know you can't be honest with your family dentist, you could start by looking into an area dental school that may charge lowered fees for an examination. If this is not feasible, make sure you're maintaining your dental hygiene from this point forward.

yes you need to see a dentist ...well only if you value having teeth in your mouth. if you're okay w/ losing your teeth I guess it would be okay to "wing it." then again those braces will probably hold the teeth secure in your mouth so maybe if you just keep those on your teeth will look like they're attached.
I reckon that losing teeth would be a lot more noticeable to your parents than just feigning to them "I have a HORRIBLE toothache I think it might be a bad cavity I need to see a dentist right away" and getting checked out. no need to tell your dentist family member what you suspect is actually causing the problem, just address the symptoms, they'll make up their own cause for it. like my dentist is convinced I'm losing a touch of enamel on the backs of my two front teeth solely because I grind them all day long, when it's actually a combination of grinding and purging ...probably mostly purging because there's not a lot of contact on my two fronts when I grind my teeth. don't ask don't tell.

seriously though see a dentist.
and most importantly, no more meth.

The best you can do for your health is go visit a dentist. If you won't go than u are doing the best for your addiction, harm to your health. And it will also gonna be worse as time goes by and = more expensive.