• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth/memory

quale

Bluelighter
I notice that meth+benzos gives me way more serious memory loss than just benzos. Does anyone else notice a synergy...or just a meth induced memory loss?

do you mean short term memory loss of the night in question or subsequent memory loss?
I assume you mean the former, an no I've never noticed it from meth or even a meth/benzo for comedown combo...if anything meth improves my memory.
maybe you're taking too much of the benzo? or the wrong benzo? some are better than others for memory...

know what I am saying is that given a similar dose of benzo I seem to experience more memory loss when I am on meth. Of course this could be just happenstance.

It might just be too much with the benzos - because the meth gives you the added energy, it's possible to take a lot more of the benzos then you normally would.. I never found meth to impair memory by itself, but there are a good number of posts that challenge this..

Is there an increase of short term memory because of the dopamine and serotonin?

By the way how are y’all, it’s been years since you made this post.

I can't say about meth, but a normal dosage of etizolam (2mg) that would normally be fine has caused total blackout twice on MDMA.

speaking from experience, YES, there is a definite connection between taking both these drugs - one, the other, and ESPECIALLY combined - and the condition known as 'memory loss.' Benzos slow you down just like booze and will black one out as per dosage size;, and when you're high on meth you're invariably taking much, much higher dosages that you would even tolerate sober. So that explains that. i've blacked out too many times in broad daylight just from combining the two, coming to my senses hours into a day halfway started, my shoes mismatching, attentively engaged in supposedly meaning conversation with friends, coworkers, customers....real cool stuff

Now doing meth just itself will just rot your brain, and this knowledge is uqiquitous and incontrovertible. you can spend days reading medical studies on the subject. and most brain damage brings the effect of memory loss. So what youre experiencing is normal for a drug user. It just gets worse