• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth just isn’t fun anymore.

Willm121

Bluelighter
I just hit 30 days again after my last relapse (was clean 6 months before) and ice just isn’t fun anymore. Never though I would say this but the meth was TOO strong. It put me into psychosis with a day. I used to be able to go at least 2.5 days with out psychosis. I just feel like this cheap cartel shit is too fucking strong. Does anyone else agree?

Stim tolerance goes up real fast and even if you take a long break in between after heavy/moderate use. Also if you were trying to get clean and then relapse, sometimes the guilt or "damn I just blew it again" over-rides the high. I also find that no dopamine = anxiety. Stim abuse temporarily depletes dopamine levels and that can cause more anxious feelings.

I've gone through this periods with different substances before, trust me it'll be fun again one day. You're probs just sick of the feeling and too used to how the ice feels so expectations are ruining it. But it's just a never-ending cycle with all drug use where the feeling sucks and then you go back to liking it all over again like in the beginning. Sometimes the brain takes a little bit of time to adjust to processing a substance too, and doesn't process something as well as it used to with an elongated period of sobriety.