• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth IV Not sure what happened

owls42ll

Greenlighter
I'm hoping im posting this in the right area. Not sure if i should say swim or whatever so here it goes. Shot 20 units in wrist a spot I use only sometimes, stung a tiny bit but I was still registered. Afterwards no rush but no pain and a raised lump. Doesn't really hurt and I've applied a warm towel. Not new to IV just only used meth the past few months. No rush or high felt either but didn't feel pain like you do a miss and I wasn't tied off and injected slowly. Any ideas?

So what did you feel as far as a 'high' goes? You can fit enough top grade meth into even only 20 units of water but it sounds like that 20 units is the little lump you got - it's a miss unfortunately. You may have been half in and out (we all move or shake a little ime) so you registered as part of the needle hole entered the vein and then as you adjusted to push the needle hole is now partially out of the vein, even a millimetre of movement could cause this to happen. Apply this same scenario as if you were fully in the vein but half poking out the other side.

Those smaller veins really need to be 'threaded' with perfect angle and much easier for someone else to do because of that angle but certainly something users can do of course just as you've done before. Look it's like this with meth ....if you do a point or 100mgs IV and you don't know about it - eyes wide with surprise, gasping a little saying "Ooh yeah faaark yeah!" then the gear is shite.

Honestly as far as high goes, none whatsoever. Gear was a new batch and must've not been very good. Just know from past experience that missed shots hurt and this did and still doesn't. I've been treating it as a miss and seems fine. Thanks for your response, I tend to stay away from the wrist because mine seem to roll and swell easily. Better luck next time I guess!

Well your experience doesn't betray you, I think we've nailed it, there was that little of an amount of meth if any in that shot so the miss was/is painless. Even a miss got all the drug in your body just not in a vein so one gets a slow release, very annoying to be kept up all night and not get high.............back out to score.

Take care Owls.

Having an issue developed quite a bit of pain, granted this is the wrist right under back of hand. The swelling went down a bit, no heat, and no discoloration. I am an experienced opiate user that being my DOC and used morphine intravenously soon after and again later in the night. I am wandering if that maybe hid the pain because it is not feeling pleasant now. Any ideas, and apologies for the run on sentence but it hurts to type.

I must admit I did wonder what you injected and just because it wasn't or was just weak meth and something that maybe looked like meth (without seeing what it is and even then I would need more than a pic lol) it can still hurt like fuck. Are you still getting high as fuck on your morphine?

Ok well did you end up having sleeping difficulties from the meth? What I'm getting at is what do you think you shot up? If it was meth was it ice like shards or even looked like rock salt etc? How much did you do? I'm assuming you used everything you had like any good high chaser should? (shouldn't).

The only worry, assuming you haven't injected solvents is infection and in my experience that's rare if using sterile technique and know what it is you're supposed to be doing even if that means "my friends used the same gear and loved it!" As indefinite as that scenario is. Look I'd expect to feel like you do, assuming you aren't feverish, if id missed a shot of the average shit to moderate to excellent gear - missing often hurts.

Do you mind me asking how you get your morphine example from pills and filtered or from vials proper IV prep?

OK it was crystals but only a little more then a tenth of a gram, so not much. Unfortunately tired but no sleep yet. Morphine i used at a different site and felt it great. Just only have missed a few times in a few years and it hurts to move my wrist and just is painful in general. Only thing I was worried about is because I really don't remember it being so painful other than that no issues. I have had the pleasure of getting my hands on a vile of morphine a few times in my life. I use pills, I was a Roxy user, then Dilaudid, then heroin but morphine is cheap and or free and keeps me well. Dilaudid is my preference

Yeah I'm thinking so, with opiates I get that blotchy histamine effect. I'm actually pretty much pain free now. I'll keep my eye on it, but pretty sure all is well. Luckily I have been extremely careful and have been fortunate enough in 8 yrs of this to never have an abscess or an infection from IV use. My whole life I've been told I have terrible veins that are small and tend to roll, always took three nurses to stick me. I've never let anyone else intravenously administer drugs in me but with lots of practice and getting my personal techniques going i have been pretty successful so far. Safer injecting and sites such as this were extremely beneficial, especially in the beginning.