• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth - Is there any merit to the myth of not holding your tokes in? Where did this idea even come fro?

Fornax55

Bluelighter
Of course you hear the standard rabble, "it'll crystallize in your lungs," or you'll start "sweating out shards," but anyone with their common sense left knows that a water soluble crystal isn't going to solidify in a warm, wet, and constantly motile environment that is your body. But still, there has to be some merit to this idea. I can't imagine something would propagate this widely without being based in some solid foundation.

But I dunno. If I have a bowl packed and I take a decent hoot and hold it in until it's absolutely gone, people would stare aghast as if I'd broken a deadly taboo. Urging me never to sinfully hold in your meth hoots, they would then proceed to take two or three massive blasts and blow them out immediately to reach the same level.

So basically, what makes that any different? I honaety prefer to blow my hoots out quickly anyways to make smoke rings and play with the clouds, but this question has always irked me.

there has to be some merit to this idea

There isn't. People do lots of dumb things without reason and dogmas can be hard to break. Most think they're breathing out the 'bad fumes' or whatever when they do this. The only plus I guess is that they're losing a good proportion of their meth and so in a perverse sort of way reducing harm.

Welp better safe than sorry ey. But personally whenever I sink the hits, usually end up feeling out of breath the next day, not even able to take in as much smoke as I usually do

comedy central season 6 episode 2 GIF by Workaholics
Meta GIF

200.gif

Holding in your hoots for 20 - 30 seconds will get you higher, and isn't any more harmful to the lungs than taking subsequent hoots. I can't see why it would be any other way, assuming the product is relatively pure. And no, a myth among methed out, sleep deprived individuals does not necessarily contain any factual basis.

"People do lots of dumb things without reason ...."
Rest assured smoking crack, staying up all night and fucking trannies is on the level kids.

The proper technique is you draw back back slowly and evenly so by the time you're proper done, you neednt hold it in. But I hold it too, and get the same reaction from my friends as the author noted.
People need to learn to vape it, not cook it. You wont blow clouds but I guarantee you'll crack so much harder; and will last much longer too,

And the Mice thing kind of explains what Ive heard about the speed in which it is absorbed into the blood and why it's not paramount to hold it in your lungs.

Meth - it's been a pleasure.

Last edited:
The people I smoke with always tell me not to "blow out dollar signs".. I think it hits you harder the more you can hold it in.