• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth- is it a good idea to use cannabis to stop meth cravings, or will it trigger more meth use if I try to quit?

left0vershAke

Bluelighter
I am currently 3 months completely sober due to the fact I'm in a treatment program. When I get out I want to smoke weed and drop acid and drink, but is it not worth the risk?

I am currently 3 months completely sober due to the fact I'm in a treatment program. When I get out I want to smoke weed and drop acid and drink, but is it not worth the risk?
From my experience, you should be fine. None of the 3 things you mentioned ever made me want to use meth again, and I used all 3 after stopping meth. You are 3 months clean so you should be good in my opinion. I will say, that it took a couple weeks for weed to work correctly after I stopped meth, but you're well past a couple weeks. Hope you stay clean from meth, and please keep us updated.

I think you will be ok with the weed and the acid but I would stay far, far away from alcohol. Every person I have ever known that got clean relapsed when they had been drinking. It lowers our inhibitions and we become reckless. We think we are doing good and can have a drink to relax and the next thing you know we are out copping our drug of choice. There's just something about alcohol that triggers a switch and I don't think you will stay clean from meth long if you drink.

Maybe wait 6 to 9 months clean before you consider any alcohol at all. You may be different but I shit you not........everyone I have ever known relapsed when they drank.

Good luck with your sobriety and welcome to Bluelight. Stick around and let us know how you are getting on.

I think you will be ok with the weed and the acid but I would stay far, far away from alcohol. Every person I have ever known that got clean relapsed when they had been drinking. It lowers our inhibitions and we become reckless. We think we are doing good and can have a drink to relax and the next thing you know we are out copping our drug of choice. There's just something about alcohol that triggers a switch and I don't think you will stay clean from meth long if you drink.

Maybe wait 6 to 9 months clean before you consider any alcohol at all. You may be different but I shit you not........everyone I have ever known relapsed when they drank.

Good luck with your sobriety and welcome to Bluelight. Stick around and let us know how you are getting on.

T
From my experience, you should be fine. None of the 3 things you mentioned ever made me want to use meth again, and I used all 3 after stopping meth. You are 3 months clean so you should be good in my opinion. I will say, that it took a couple weeks for weed to work correctly after I stopped meth, but you're well past a couple weeks. Hope you stay clean from meth, and please keep us updated.
That's a relief. I've been to some AA meetings that day weed will make me relapse. But AA sux balls anyway

T

That's a relief. I've been to some AA meetings that day weed will make me relapse. But AA sux balls anyway
Lol, yeah AA will say weed is super bad, but you'll be fine with weed imo. My experience was once weed worked well again I never looked back. Weed brought back feelings of being content, comfortable, and most importantly in my situation being hungry. The nutrition and ability to relax helped my thinking recover a lot.

Edit: Wanted to add that what Pumpkin said is correct imo. Don't go smashing a bunch of liquor, because bad decisions could be made.

Last edited:
I think it really depends on the person and what exactly their "addiction" problems are cus I feel like SOME people will end up triggered by getting high in general, I don't know how common that is but my homegirl and I have experienced that a lot since we are addicted to drugs in general but for me weed really does usually help me a lot and it's only triggered something worse a couple times when I'd run out but I think you rly need self control cus those times I was gettin rly high on thc for days after a stretch of sobriety in general then suddenly running out (without tolerance, and a few months of complete sobriety, I smoked a 1g potent thc cart in 2 days which led me to my 2nd to last alcohol binge(for me that's drinking every waking moment til sedation or that time getting kicked out for relapsing but I did also piss on the floor after downing a fifth..we are still good friends)

Quick edit: weed rly helps me take breaks from meth, I just had a 10 day break thanks to it. It also helps me cut back in general. Unrelated to weed tho: kratom, which I am on daily, sorta triggers cravings on and off for me also. It did during my 10 months entirely off meth.

Last edited:
I heard LSD can actually undo some brain damage done from amphetamines, so I heard.
I would be extremely skeptical of such claims. There is no real evidence for this.

If anything I would assume it has a higher chance at making it worse than healing any damage. I think the benefit would be psychological in nature if people are reporting that. Just my opinion, though.

Especially LSD and analogue's. But also Cannabis to a way lesser extent. Seem to lessen craving's for stimulating substance's.

Alcohol and Opoid's ime do not have this effect. they make me crave them, especially booze.

I think it really depends on the person and what exactly their "addiction" problems are cus I feel like SOME people will end up triggered by getting high in general, I don't know how common that is but my homegirl and I have experienced that a lot since we are addicted to drugs in general but for me weed really does usually help me a lot and it's only triggered something worse a couple times when I'd run out but I think you rly need self control cus those times I was gettin rly high on thc for days after a stretch of sobriety in general then suddenly running out (without tolerance, and a few months of complete sobriety, I smoked a 1g potent thc cart in 2 days which led me to my 2nd to last alcohol binge(for me that's drinking every waking moment til sedation or that time getting kicked out for relapsing but I did also piss on the floor after downing a fifth..we are still good friends)

Quick edit: weed rly helps me take breaks from meth, I just had a 10 day break thanks to it. It also helps me cut back in general. Unrelated to weed tho: kratom, which I am on daily, sorta triggers cravings on and off for me also. It did during my 10 months entirely off meth.

I would be extremely skeptical of such claims. There is no real evidence for this.

If anything I would assume it has a higher chance at making it worse than healing any damage. I think the benefit would be psychological in nature if people are reporting that. Just my opinion, though.
Probably. Everyone is micro dosing nowadays and say it helps. I wouldn't know