• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Instead of Coke for Social Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red11

Greenlighter
Please no "No. Meth is pure evil comments." Also, I know this probably a common subject. Would just like a personal response to it. I have researched a lot already.

I'm still in my youngish party years (mid 20s), and when I do go out I like to have a pretty good time. My usual routine is around a gram or two of coke and go to the bars or parties with my friends. This is like a once a week thing. Maybe every other week. And on special occasions maybe Friday and Saturday. Considering using a small-moderate dose based off my personal tolerance of meth as an alternative to coke. Maybe not all the time. Just an idea I'm exploring. I'll go into my history and reasoning, but I'd love some other oppinions or personal experiences on the topic.

------HISTORY---------

Little background on my experience.... I've done meth before several of times the past two years. Not a proffesional by any means. Probably 6-8 times. I can guarantee it was high quality too, but not going into detail of how I know so. I don't come accross it or get offered it very often, so it doesn't really cross my mind a lot. No multiple day benders either. I see no joy out staying awake for so long. Just not for me I guess. I'd
rather accept my comedown and get my body ready for work on Monday. Experiences were spread out of course.. It was pretty enjoyable. Nice rush as expected. But not near as great as people make it out to be. Defintely not on MDMA's level whatsoever. In my experiences, I've only snorted it except once. Smoked around 5-10mg out of a custom water bong once and proceeded to drink the bong water with Alka-seltzer in it. Definitely had way more of a punch than snorting. But again... I never had any urge to go off the deep in. Just another experience. I will never inject any drug. Just, no.

Ive been prescribed 20 xr adderal for probably 4-5 years for ADD. Began taking them when I entered college. Was a steady user during my studying days. Probably 5+ days of the week. Really did help. Nowadays, I might take it 2-3 days a week max when I have a tough day ahead of me. I love the focus. Rarely I have taken more than my prescribed 20mg dosage at once. Always purposely kept my tolerance pretty low. I dont get any satisfaction out being that amped on amphetamine anyways. Makes me too hyper to really get anything done efficiently. Over 30mg raises my heart rate above my comfort zone usually as well. Especially if im being active. I've taken them a few times to go out with my friends when I'm dead tired. Sucks not being able to get hardly even buzzed on alcohol though. Really sucks when it wheres off and you suddenly realize you didn't keep track of your drinking as well as you thought too.. Lol Everything goes south real quick. Taken other ADHD medications too just out curiosity. So Id like to think I have plenty of experience with moderate stimulant use. I consider myself pretty responsible with them as well. Judge as you will though...

Im pretty young. No health problems. I am pretty hypoglycemic, but Ive learned to handle it very well by now. I have pretty active job. Very addicted to working out as well, so healthy diet as well. Lots of protein (dopamine source). I drink plenty of water everyday.

Ive always thought drugs were interesting. You name it. I've done it at least once. Accept PCP. I'll stick to LSD if I want to trip. I save them for weekends though. The only drugs that have ever really caused me any addictive ideas are pain pills and MDMA. So i stay away from opiods unless actually needed. And I save MDMA for very special occasions with 1-3 months breaks in between rolls. And coke is obviously awesome.. Get burnt out after 2 days of it. Prefer to stick to once a week.

Like I said before, me and my group of friends frequently go out bar hoping. I drank a lot when I was younger. Getting hammered all the time just isnt that fun anymore. Not to mention "whiskey dick." . So I've been doing coke instead of drinking a ton. And I'll still drink a few beers. Maybe take a shot or two if the group decides to do a round. Fit in, ya know. Ruins my coke high, so try to keep my drinking to a minimum. I'm a pretty laid back person and tend to not engage in conversation often. Always tired too. Work is my life. So I've really fallin in love with coke because of how lively and social it makes me. Really boosts my mood unlike adderal too. Seems like people even enjoy me more when I'm high lol

---------Reasoning---------

So I'm considering replacing a night out on coke with snorting a moderate high-quality dose of meth for the following reasons:

1) Cocaine and alcohol combine in your liver to make cocaethalyne. Not good.
2) I could take my dose of meth at home at a particular time and not have to carry any illegal drugs with me in public. (MAJOR BONUS)
2.2) Won't have access to my bag to redose. So no taking it to the next level just in case I get drunk and stupid.
3) Meth isn't quite as euphoric as coke for me I dont think, but will suffice. I think... Haven't taken it in a large crowd yet. Any way to safely increase the euphoria?
4) Way cheaper. Waaay cheaper. Including my bar tab. No one trying to beg for free shit.
5) No running to the bathroom all the time and constantly pretending to have allergies.
6) Meth is pretty taboo. So if I get accused of being on something, I can just say it's adderal that I'm prescribed or even coke to fool my coke buddies. I'm assuming I won't act too differently. This true?
7) Not having to deal with accidently getting too high since I'll be able to properly measure my one dose at home that will last way longer. Rarely happens with coke. But sucks when it does.
8) Not getting stuck in a game of pool and crashing and coming down off coke multiple times. Common issue as I play a lot of pool.
8) Something new and another option in my arsenal of getting a little wild. Just being honest.

-------Game Plan--------

I'll be snorting my meth probably. May try swallowing it to avoid the burn. Feel like id prefer the time frame of snorting more too. Going off what I've read of course. Any opinions on this? I will not smoke it. I like my nice white teeth. I can order a girly drink incase of low blood sugar. Will be drinking. So no dry mouth issues. I'll order a water if need be. I'm prescribed 1mg Xanax. So comedowns and sleep shouldn't be an issue. Not a heavy xanax user so double withdrawls won't really be an issue. Fridge stays full of water and gatorade. 5-htp always in the medicene cabinet. Roommate keeps a close eye on me. She's not about drugs either. So she keeps me in check. Won't be an every week thing. Just like to party it up every once in a while. Safely as possible though.

Does this seem as reasonable as it does to me? Anyone else done this? Any suggestions or concerns? If the bar closes at 2, but i sometimes go to after parties till 4ish. When is a good time to start my dose? Any complications with sex later that night I need to be aware of? I miss any other issues? Im sure this is a very common combination. Just don't wanna waste my time on a bust of a nightout.

Appreciate your time and advice on the matter.

Last edited:
Keep an eye on your alcohol consumption, meth makes It hard to realize that you've overdone it. I ended up with alcohol poisoning once because I over did the drinking because meth masked the effects.

^^^
Ive learned the same lesson from drinking on adderal in the past.

Well think that, but to the extreme then. After that one time, I was just mindful of my alcohol intake, I used meth heavily for two years, and especially loved it for parties.

^^^
Obviously we probably have different personalities, but we're you consistently in a social mood? I know coke and meth are completely different. I just am expecting a mood boost but not so high of a dose I spend more time tweaking doing dumb shit.

I'm a very social person anyway, meth sort of kept me from feeling drained from being around people 24/7. So long as you're not using it too much it can be a big help in social situations, I would recommend eating a bit of light food and parachuting your dose about an hour before you get to the party. It lasts much longer than intranasal and isn't quite so jittery, it's a nice, long lasting stimulation.

Red11, let me give you a belated welcome to the forums! What you're experiencing, social anxiety, is difficult, but hey, we all experience it to a certain extent. We all worry about whether people will like us or accept us. It can be very hard to get over, no doubt, but when you say that you are actively going to depend on a drug to help you break through it, I want to hammer it home that you are digging yourself a deeper hole. You know who becomes more sociable on Amphetamines? Everyone. You know who can write better term papers on Amphetamine? Everyone.

Many people have this mentality, and I am by no means accusing you, that stimulants are that "missing puzzle piece". It's just for them. It just works. Class is interesting. Socializing is no problem. People like them more when they're high.

Do you see how you might be doing serious damage to your development as a person by depending on stimulants for your ability to interact with people. I am not being mean. I don't want you to dig yourself deeper into a hole. I don't go to bars or social gatherings where Alcohol is the centerpiece. I don't like them and I would need drugs to get through them without going crazy, so I just don't go. It's not for me and I'm not going to pretend for some people I don't even care about. Please consider this. Amphetamines have an addictive component that goes beyond their acute effects.

With that being said, we are a Harm Reduction forum. This means that we are here only to help adults who have made the decision to use drugs, do so safely. There are other places online that are more geared toward purely fun, recreational drug use, like Reddit. For a thread to exist here in the Harm Reduction forums, it has to actually be concerned with your immediate health. I understand that we can discuss the ins and outs of Methamphetamine usage, but what you're after is advice on how to medicate yourself for social situations, which does not fit in with our mission statement.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.