• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth: I need help with the results of my first acetone wash.

The OP mixed his supposed to be methamphetamine hydrochloride with dry, ice cold acetone and poured the mix
through a coffee filter. He then took the filtered solution (the filtrate) and evaporated of the acetone to yield the white substance
shown in the pics. Shouldn´t this actually be all the impurities? Meth HCl is only very slightly soluable in dry cold acetone
so the meth HCl should be left behind in the coffee filter. Except wet acetone was used. Then some meth HCl will dissolve with the cuts
and pass through the filter.

Or am I wrong?
Yeah it should be all the crap.and that fluffy stuff don't look like gear it looks way too feathery

... both... cleaner and better are the same thing? You are drastically increasing the purity with a wash.

Regular shit off the street is probably like 30-60% pure... (I'm guessing here). After a wash you can get 95%+ purity... (again guessing, but seems like it after my experience).

Regular meth I can smoke hits over and over and over... CLEAN meth I need just 1-2 hits and I'm good for HOURS

Dirty meth turns brown when smoking it (not the same as BURNING it) and leaves a white residue in your toot (what you inhale it out of).

Clean meth smokes clear and has a very strong rush after just 1 hit.

I've never IV'd so can't comment on that front.
The white residue is salt.the brown color is from leftover impurities that havn't been acetone washed out. I think it's leftover pill binders or some iodine compound.

what is a proper a/b

Basify the meth HCl to get the Freebase via a sodium hydroxide solution. Extract with toluene or xylene, wash pooled extracts with distilled water. Extract pooled toluene/Freebase with distilled vinegar. Pool vinegar, wash a few times with toluene.

Dry to obtain much more pure meth acetate. Different salt but overall will feel a lot cleaner.

Again acetone will leave behind a lot of impurities with similar solubility.

-GC

I just tried a simple acetone wash using 100 % acetone and coffee filter. From initial weight 0.61 I ended up with 0.59 powder. So either I didn’t clean it well enough or it was hell pure to begin with.

Question: is the residue in the filter powder or crystal and can it be smoked as is? I know fuck all about smoking but I’m trying HR for a change.

I just tried a simple acetone wash using 100 % acetone and coffee filter. From initial weight 0.61 I ended up with 0.59 powder. So either I didn’t clean it well enough or it was hell pure to begin with.

Question: is the residue in the filter powder or crystal and can it be smoked as is? I know fuck all about smoking but I’m trying HR for a change.
Powder is normal for an acetone wash meth becomes quite powdering after a wash.

little quicker to the melting point to start but boils and plumes exactly the same, Keep lighter greatest distance possible.
I notice that when burned (gone a kind of caramel colour) it will still plume but tastes off. At that point is there any high still left in it? Or best just to clean the pipe and start again?

I can’t believe I am so ignorant about this stuff!

I notice that when burned (gone a kind of caramel colour) it will still plume but tastes off. At that point is there any high still left in it? Or best just to clean the pipe and start again?

I can’t believe I am so ignorant about this stuff!
It’s okay for a certain point but if it ever gets kinda dark like black and gross absolutely clean out.

It’s okay for a certain point but if it ever gets kinda dark like black and gross absolutely clean out.
A little caramel is pretty normal from my experience. It’s hard to be perfect at smoking like never burn at all.

I would love to chime in but its 9 am and I gotta get some sleep 😪