• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth: I need help with the results of my first acetone wash.

Etch_a_sketch

Greenlighter
First I want to say that I am so grateful that this site doesn't respond to its members with harsh criticism or malevolence like other well known drug forums.

I recently performed my first acetone wash after reading and saturating my brain with all of the different ways to try and punify meth. I chose the very basic method with the cold acetone and coffee filter. Seemed even I could do that. It instructed me to get pure Acetone that contained no water and that If couldn't find that then it instructed me on how to make anhydrous Acetone with baked Epsom salt. I was confident that I didn't need to use Epsom salts because I bought a can of Acetone at my hardware store that said 100% acetone as its only ingredient ( I discovered later that it was most likely NOT without water).

I followed the instructions and dissolved 7 grams of ground-to-powder meth into the freezing cold acetone making sure not to add too much liquid and stirred the mixture for a couple minutes. It was cloudy instantly but became less so by the time I was finished stirring. I then poured the mixture through a brown coffee filter and then transferred it into a clean pyrex dish. There was more white sludge in the coffee filter than I was expecting. When the mixture evaporated I was left with a thin but clear layer that dried to look like a messy spiderweb almost. I took a blade and scraped it up and I got this very fine, thin, flaky and shiny gossamer like material. I have enclose pics of it. Is this the meth? Can I use it?
I'm looking for any input on this especially people who have actually experienced this or seen it for themselves. But all input is welcomed.

PICS

First I want to say that I am so grateful that this site doesn't respond to its members with harsh criticism or malevolence like other well known drug forums.

I recently performed my first acetone wash after reading and saturating my brain with all of the different ways to try and punify meth. I chose the very basic method with the cold acetone and coffee filter. Seemed even I could do that. It instructed me to get pure Acetone that contained no water and that If couldn't find that then it instructed me on how to make anhydrous Acetone with baked Epsom salt. I was confident that I didn't need to use Epsom salts because I bought a can of Acetone at my hardware store that said 100% acetone as its only ingredient ( I discovered later that it was most likely NOT without water).

I followed the instructions and dissolved 7 grams of ground-to-powder meth into the freezing cold acetone making sure not to add too much liquid and stirred the mixture for a couple minutes. It was cloudy instantly but became less so by the time I was finished stirring. I then poured the mixture through a brown coffee filter and then transferred it into a clean pyrex dish. There was more white sludge in the coffee filter than I was expecting. When the mixture evaporated I was left with a thin but clear layer that dried to look like a messy spiderweb almost. I took a blade and scraped it up and I got this very fine, thin, flaky and shiny gossamer like material. I have enclose pics of it. Is this the meth? Can I use it?
I'm looking for any input on this especially people who have actually experienced this or seen it for themselves. But all input is welcomed.

PICS

Yep. Sounds like you followed steps perfectly. Enjoy!

Hey dont forget to let us all know how it turns out, and what you ended up with on the scale..

Yeah just let it dry for 24 hours to be safe.

I acetone both my coke and my meth - coke is by far better with this technique. The meth was better, definitely, but coke is cut to shit these days so you can see why an acetone wash is almost necessary to merely feel the rush.

Have fun and report back.

I'm curious about what the difference is as far as meth goes, is it just that you arent smoking as much impuroties or does it add anything to the potency of the meth, which I doubt, but still none the less curious.

I'm curious about what the difference is as far as meth goes, is it just that you arent smoking as much impuroties or does it add anything to the potency of the meth, which I doubt, but still none the less curious.

meth is commonly cut with MSM and other shit, a wash clears that out

I had never waited 24hrs as it evaporates so quickly, yet I used boiling acetone instead of cold wash. Heated acetone under glass with torch . Ain't that something. Learn some tin new everyday

I understand that, but does it make the meth better or just cleaner?

... both... cleaner and better are the same thing? You are drastically increasing the purity with a wash.

Regular shit off the street is probably like 30-60% pure... (I'm guessing here). After a wash you can get 95%+ purity... (again guessing, but seems like it after my experience).

Regular meth I can smoke hits over and over and over... CLEAN meth I need just 1-2 hits and I'm good for HOURS

Dirty meth turns brown when smoking it (not the same as BURNING it) and leaves a white residue in your toot (what you inhale it out of).

Clean meth smokes clear and has a very strong rush after just 1 hit.

I've never IV'd so can't comment on that front.

Last edited:
... both... cleaner and better are the same thing? You are drastically increasing the purity with a wash.

Regular shit off the street is probably like 30-60% pure... (I'm guessing here). After a wash you can get 95%+ purity... (again guessing, but seems like it after my experience).

Regular meth I can smoke hits over and over and over... CLEAN meth I need just 1-2 hits and I'm good for HOURS

Dirty meth turns brown when smoking it (not the same as BURNING it) and leaves a white residue in your toot (what you inhale it out of).

thats good to know, yeah same goes for me, I can smoke and smoke and smoke... so will it work the way the poster described doing it? Ive always heard you gotta get the water out of the acetone and it takes hours to do that, I dont know, I would love to do that because I smoke so much I feel like Im just wasting it sometimes, or I think my shit sucks but if smoke with someone whos doesnt smoke as much as me they are blown away...I dont know if the method described in this thread is the easiest or the best way, but if it works then Im gonna give it a try tonite. Is there anything helpful you can add to the above described method or is it pretty good as it is? I appreciate your help and opinions!!

Yes majorly guessing. Acetone washes are pretty ineffective. Idk why people put so much faith into this relatively crappy purification technique.

Most cuts and impurities are of similar solubility to methamphetamine. Doing a proper a/b is the only way to really majorly clean up a drug like methamphetamine.

Also OP that hardware store acetone definitely had some water in it. Hopefully you didn’t throw away the acetone so you can evaporate and try again.

-GC

Yes majorly guessing. Acetone washes are pretty ineffective. Idk why people put so much faith into this relatively crappy purification technique.

Most cuts and impurities are of similar solubility to methamphetamine. Doing a proper a/b is the only way to really majorly clean up a drug like methamphetamine.

Also OP that hardware store acetone definitely had some water in it. Hopefully you didn’t throw away the acetone so you can evaporate and try again.

-GC

what is a proper a/b

uhhh do i need to surf this site with tor?

anyways sorry nothing else to contribute the tina i've done is so shitty i have no frame of reference

anyways sorry nothing else to contribute the tina i've done is so shitty i have no frame of reference

Yeah the shit over on the east coast is pretty bad too.

I have a non local source and their stuff is a lot better.

The worst is when you try to crush the shard and it just turns into dust. No effort required. I hate that i got rid of those and saved the pink shit for myself lol.

Yeah the shit over on the east coast is pretty bad too.

I have a non local source and their stuff is a lot better.

The worst is when you try to crush the shard and it just turns into dust. No effort required. I hate that i got rid of those and saved the pink shit for myself lol.
exactly the reason for me rarely seeing ice, it has to be through deepweb, toronto is essentially east coast, same product consist with ny, nj, and detroit

The OP mixed his supposed to be methamphetamine hydrochloride with dry, ice cold acetone and poured the mix
through a coffee filter. He then took the filtered solution (the filtrate) and evaporated of the acetone to yield the white substance
shown in the pics. Shouldn´t this actually be all the impurities? Meth HCl is only very slightly soluable in dry cold acetone
so the meth HCl should be left behind in the coffee filter. Except wet acetone was used. Then some meth HCl will dissolve with the cuts
and pass through the filter.

Or am I wrong?

meth is commonly cut with MSM and other shit, a wash clears that out
MSM doesn't dissolve at all in acetone so does NOT get washed out.everyone keeps saying this but as someone who has tried dropping MSM in acetone and seen none of it dissolve . I can also say from experience that MSM cut meth can't be de-msm'd with acetone.ive tried dissolving MSM in different stuff and ethanol and water was all it dissolved in.

Last edited: