• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth fried my brain, 4 months off it and I still feel like shut everyday

stalwartwheat63

Greenlighter
I abused adderall from September 2020 about once every 4 days in ranges of 80-100mg staying up one night and repeating every 4 days. Then in January I tried meth for the first time. Mid February I started binging at first doing one or two doses and getting 4 hours of sleep,sometimes being up all night tho. Eventually I started staying up 2 days in a row and falling asleep from exhaustion.April I started smoking meth and then I would be high all day everyday till I fell asleep from exhaustion, wake up and repeat. I quit on may 6. I relapsed once from August 12 to august 15. I still feel like shit most days. How long am I looking at probably? I am an 18 year old male

I abused adderall from September 2020 about once every 4 days in ranges of 80-100mg staying up one night and repeating every 4 days. Then in January I tried meth for the first time. Mid February I started binging at first doing one or two doses and getting 4 hours of sleep,sometimes being up all night tho. Eventually I started staying up 2 days in a row and falling asleep from exhaustion.April I started smoking meth and then I would be high all day everyday till I fell asleep from exhaustion, wake up and repeat. I quit on may 6. I relapsed once from August 12 to august 15. I still feel like shit most days. How long am I looking at probably? I am an 18 year old male
It's not just the meth but sleep deprivation as well. Both can really do a number on your brain. It can sometimes take months or longer to recover from these things depending on how long/extreme your use was. But you're young and your brain/body can do amazing things to recover.

Give it some time, but it doesn't really sound like your use was that much. There might be some other medical issue going on, but I'm not sure what to make of just "feeling like shit". Depression? Physical effects?

Not that long probably are you doing anything natural to boost dopamine?
Nootropics, L-theanine,L-tyrosine, Ashwaghanda, and arginine
It's not just the meth but sleep deprivation as well. Both can really do a number on your brain. It can sometimes take months or longer to recover from these things depending on how long/extreme your use was. But you're young and your brain/body can do amazing things to recover.

Give it some time, but it doesn't really sound like your use was that much. There might be some other medical issue going on, but I'm not sure what to make of just "feeling like shit". Depression? Physical effects?
When I first came off it for like two months I couldn’t sit still and stop moving my body

When I first came off it for like two months I couldn’t sit still and stop moving my body
Are you on any meds? Other drugs?

Have you ever seen a psychiatrist or talked to a doctor about this?

That could be a lot of things.. anxiety, adhd, serotonin/dopamine overload/imbalance, certain conditions, neurological issues, drug/supplement interaction... etc

Are you on any meds? Other drugs?

Have you ever seen a psychiatrist or talked to a doctor about this?

That could be a lot of things.. anxiety, adhd, serotonin/dopamine overload/imbalance, certain conditions, neurological issues, drug/supplement interaction... etc
I was on ability while abusing the adderall every other day without my knowledge. My father was slipping it in my food which when I found out is one of the reasons I fell into meth abuse as the doctor never even talked to me who prescribed it only my father and that’s when I started having the movement issues. After august they mostly have gone some tho. I quit abilify 5 mg in February and started in October and keep in mind it was once every two or three days. I have a caffeine and cigarette addiction ever since cessation of meth now too.

I was on ability while abusing the adderall every other day without my knowledge. My father was slipping it in my food which when I found out is one of the reasons I fell into meth abuse as the doctor never even talked to me who prescribed it only my father and that’s when I started having the movement issues. After august they mostly have gone some tho. I quit abilify 5 mg in February and started in October and keep in mind it was once every two or three days. I have a caffeine and cigarette addiction ever since cessation of meth now too.
That doesn't sound good man. I don't know if they can legally do that to you?

Antipsychotics can cause serious permanent side effects like akathisia and movement disorders.

You should really talk to a doctor, if it's akathisia they need to stop that drug.

Are they really giving you pills behind your back? Or did you refuse to take them?

That doesn't sound good man. I don't know if they can legally do that to you?

Antipsychotics can cause serious permanent side effects like akathisia and movement disorders.

You should really talk to a doctor, if it's akathisia they need to stop that drug.

Are they really giving you pills behind your back? Or did you refuse to take them?
I was still 17 at the time but the movement issues started when I was secretly being drugged by my father against my will. I quit in February and throughout my meth usage never had the problem but when I quit it came back for 3 months then in august stopped mostly. I still have some issues but it’s alright and I excercise a lot