• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth feeling weak for a few days after dexedrine

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
Anyone else notice smoking meth a day or two after taking dexedrine feels much weaker or does nothing? I've been speculating about why my gear wasn't doing anything but now realize it was because I took a few dexies a day or two before and need to wait nearly a week before meth works properly. Seems weird that my dopamine drops off so much after a couple dexies to the point meth doesn't next to nothing.

It cpuld also just be general tolerance to the meth/stimulants as well.

Although there is a degree of cross tolerance between meth and dex it is not exactly 1:1. Ongoing Dexamphetamine use, even at pharmacological doses, is known to increase dopamine release but at the same time chronically reduce dopamine reuptake and metabolisation.

Amphetamine actions include dopamine and norepinephrine transporter inhibition, vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT-2) inhibition, and monoamine oxidase activity inhibition. However the operation of dex and the operation of meth vary somewhat in exactly what region of the brain they have the most impact.

Regular treatment with dex may cause ongoing reductions in striatal DA, its major metabolite dihydroxyphenylacetic acid (DOPAC), the rate-limiting enzyme tyrosine hydroxylase, the membrane transporter (DAT) and also in the vesicular monoamine transporter (VMAT2).

All of this interacts with the mechanism of meth but meth also interacts more readily with other receptor types (like sigma receptors) and is also far more serotonergic than dex.

My dex use isn't regular and never has been maybe once or twice a month so tolerance is minimal.

In that case I’d say either your meth was junk or your monoamine systems were temporarily dysregulated from the dex - how much dex did you have?

I would have thought you’d needy a pretty solid dose to cause an acute tolerance to meth.

It also depends a bit on your longer history of stim use.

10mg

Without dex for a week or so a point of my gear will have me up for nearly 3 days so my gear isn't exactly crap