• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth: Does this sound more like orthostatic hypotension or a bit of an od?

KittyKat13

Bluelighter
I use IV methamphetamine once a week. I use pretty much the same amount which is one good shot utilizing the least amount to get me feeling pretty damn spun, a little 'air-headed' and very happy and excited. I am usually awake all day and all night without re-dosing but get my appetite back the next day and sleep the next night. I stay hydrated the whole time with lots of water and some low sugar or sugar free sports drinks.

So, today was my day for fun, took my shot, felt the warm sensation in my chest, gave a good cough, got a little dizzy, sight got a little blurry, pupils dilated, was breathing fine and comfortably within a few moments,had a little 'fun' with my party buddy and was just sitting there on my bed about an hr after the shot, when I leaned over sideways to try to dig something out of the nightstand drawer, and when I straightened back up I became completely dizzy and my eyes got very blurry to the point I felt startled because these sensations were more intense then during the initial rush (this didn't feel good like a rush) At this point I felt my breathing become strained, as if I couldn't take a 'full' breath. I also developed a headache, though not a very bad one. I did not sweat or feel hot, but I usually don't.

I remained like this for about an hour and a half and ended up feeling more tired then amped.
It's been about 6 hrs now, breathing is better,settled to pretty much normal, extremely dry mouth (always get dry mouth but it's more extreme than usual) pulse still seems a little fast (not unusually so for about 10 hrs after a big shot) and I feel like I may indeed sleep tonight,which I sometimes do, but usually not on first night. I am fairly certain there is some anxiety at play here too.

It would do me good to exercise more, but just had my physical exam a couple weeks ago and all was well. So, I think that covers the details. I know everyone's different and what manifests one way in some may signify something completely different in another, but I've never had anything like this happen before, even when I had used more frequently for about a year, 2 1/2 years ago. (After which I had stopped for a little over a year and now have been using once a week for about the last 2 -3 months.) I'd appreciate any and all ideas you'd care to share. Thanks in advance! :?

Last edited:
drink a lot of water. dehydration is the main cause of orthostatic hypotension and ime chugging a few glasses of water cures the symptoms right up. did u check your blood pressure?

I'd take a little break and concentrate on replenishing your system with vitamins and minerals.

Please use paragraphs this hurt my uneducated-opiod-withdrawal-hell even worse as it was tl;dr

God yes. I can't second this enough. Newbies need to separate their ideas. Their monolithic text blocks are such a pain to read sometimes...

I've been SO on the water! We're having 100 degree and up weather now so I always have a bottle of water in my hand - but I'm doubling my intake and adding a slice of lemon to it. No, was unable to check - I don't have a cuff but I am going to get one. Found one I'll be ordering. I'll be taking a break for a month but if I'm going to use I need to have all the things to make it as safe as it can possibly be. Thanks so much for the good advice!

I hear that. Feeling much better today and did get about 5 - 6 hours of good sleep - however I agree that a break is in order. I jumped back in too fast for my body. Kinda mad at myself - I know better. I always "preach" to my friends to never go back to using at or even close to the same doses you used when you 'quit' or decided to take a long term break. Thanks for the good advice Speed King!

I didn't even notice I'd done that - my amped writing skills apparently could use some work! lol 8o

Sorry about that MagicDude. I've been in that opiod-withdrawal-hell myself and I know it's horrid. What day you on? Sending positive thoughts your way.

Thank you theGirlWithBlueHair! I agree with you. Listening to your body and honoring your intuition is essential. It's something so basic, and yet forgotten all too often. Wise advice