• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Causing Weird Side Effects (Help)

DANKSICLE

Greenlighter
Hello, I decided to make a post and describe some odd symptoms i am expecierencing. I believe that they may be caused by use of methamphetamine. First off I know that I should not continue using meth, however I have very bad depression, anxiety and Attention deficit Disorder. It helps with my severe lack of motivation as well as the ability to concentrate; doesn't really help much, but having Motivation I get from it greatly decreases my Anxiety because I know tasks will not seem so long and uncomfortable; like work for example. I am able to hold a job, and the problems it causes are mainly mentally and possibly internally. I have come to the conclusion I am dependent on it to do pretty much all tasks. Keep in mind that I have used mass ampunts of drugs through out my life which I now believe was to cope with my mental Illnesses. I started eith Marijuana at 14 years old, and since have been addicted to spice, then Dextromethorphan, then Heroin (which is my Drug of Choice but unfortunately not good for living a productive life) and now Meth. I will say that I have NEVER in my life had so many weird reactions with any other drug and have never been worried about my physical health as a result of drugs UNTIL I started using Meth. I am aware I need to see both a doctor and psychiatrist for my physical and mental problem but at this point in time it doesnt seem like its going to happen due to certain circumstances. With that being said I know that most who read this are not doctors but I feel that feedback from anyone with similar experiences, or even just knowledge will only benefit me. Lastly if anyone has tips for helping my motivational problems without meth or prescriptions it would be greatly appreciated.

I am a 19 year old, male, around 130 pounds (even before I ever tried Meth).
I currently only use Meth, Marijuana (but am considering stopping due to oanic attacks) and occasionally Methadone (Not recently)
My main ROA is smoking and rectal (no needles available).
Dose: .1 to .5 daily for around a month.

The first side effect I have is more as common as the next two. I get VERY bad paranoia or anxiety that something is going wrong or im going to die after a dose. Happens after a small dose also. This leads to me checking my blood pressure every hour or two to mske sure nothing is abnormal. I always fine and have learned to ignore the anxiety but is there any info anyone can give me to help this? In the case of an overdose I do not want to put it off thinking its anxiety and have something happen.

The second side effect happened earlier today. After plugging .1 maybe .2 at most I immediately got extremely tired. I felt as if I didnt want to move at all but I did. I couldnt stop yawning. My head felt loopy or very odd. My hands were shakey snd sweaty but this may be the anxiety that I had thinking something was going wrong. I also had depression. I havent redosed yet but after I eat I am going to.

The third side effect I had was last night. I had very unusual pain in my lower abdomin or lymph node area. Alsp kind of seemed numb with pain but cant tell if it actually was. The area was very stiff. I think it was more than just my ltmph node as I have haf an infection called Epdidymitis and I experienced a swelling in the lower lymph nodes. The pain and swelling was different this time. It started an hour and a half after my last dose but lasted only 45 minutes. It started because Im pretty sure I over amped but im not positive. I for the first time ever uses around .7 - 1 gram over a period of 24 hours. I mostly plugged it but did smoke quite a bit. Around 45 minutes after my last dose My heart rate was higher than normal (usually between 90 and 110) and my blood pressure was while resting was 136 over 88. Heart rate was 80 BPM. When it is usually around 120 over 80 when using meth. I checked using a legitmate blood pressure reading device. My head felt a little abnormal almost unfocused. My anxiety was pretty bad but its been much worse. I am not sure if this is caused by meth but I have reason to believe it was because after work I plugged what I had left of my syringe and about 15 minutes later it appeared again. It was 8 hours after the first time. Earlier today I felt it again but not as bad and it was not after a dose. Only lasted around 10 minutes. I do not think it had any correlation to side effect 2 but who knows? Also do you think I did overamp? If so how long do you suggest waiting before a redose.

If you have bad anxiety I'd recommend against using meth. I have anxiety issues as well and strong stimulants like methamphetamine have the tendency to amplify the paranoia and fear that comprises my normal life....except that it elevates it even beyond what it normally is. Like, oh shit, what's this weird pulsing in my chest? Why am I so shaky? DO I HAVE A BLOOD CIRCULATION PROBLEM? WHY ARE MY FEET SO COOOLLLLDDDDD??!!!

You get the picture. Usually it's just the result of CNS overstimulation + deprivation of your body's basic needs (food, adequate hydration, adequate sleep, magnesium deficiency etc.)

Also regular methamphetamine usage when you have "very bad depression" isn't a good idea, in fact it's a bad idea. But you probably know that.

these are things meth sometimes does. it will also make you worry excessively about them. as stated meth use will not do anything but make your anxiety and depression worse, but you've probably already experienced that. don't know what to tell you. I mean it is slowly killing you so there's that, don't expect not to feel like you're dying sometimes, that comes w/ addiction to any drug. but we deal w/ it because we like getting high.

There's really no question here Danksicle, unfortunately this is normal when you use meth.

overamping is.. well ok ive over amped once (capsule) and once and this time on purpose via snort and smoking really fast. it feels like calm and strange. like xanax and mdma had a baby. lol, anyway just drink alot of water and next time dont over amp

Hello, I decided to make a post and describe some odd symptoms i am expecierencing. I believe that they may be caused by use of methamphetamine. First off I know that I should not continue using meth, however I have very bad depression, anxiety and Attention deficit Disorder. It helps with my severe lack of motivation as well as the ability to concentrate; doesn't really help much, but having Motivation I get from it greatly decreases my Anxiety because I know tasks will not seem so long and uncomfortable; like work for example. I am able to hold a job, and the problems it causes are mainly mentally and possibly internally. I have come to the conclusion I am dependent on it to do pretty much all tasks. Keep in mind that I have used mass ampunts of drugs through out my life which I now believe was to cope with my mental Illnesses. I started eith Marijuana at 14 years old, and since have been addicted to spice, then Dextromethorphan, then Heroin (which is my Drug of Choice but unfortunately not good for living a productive life) and now Meth. I will say that I have NEVER in my life had so many weird reactions with any other drug and have never been worried about my physical health as a result of drugs UNTIL I started using Meth. I am aware I need to see both a doctor and psychiatrist for my physical and mental problem but at this point in time it doesnt seem like its going to happen due to certain circumstances. With that being said I know that most who read this are not doctors but I feel that feedback from anyone with similar experiences, or even just knowledge will only benefit me. Lastly if anyone has tips for helping my motivational problems without meth or prescriptions it would be greatly appreciated.

I am a 19 year old, male, around 130 pounds (even before I ever tried Meth).
I currently only use Meth, Marijuana (but am considering stopping due to oanic attacks) and occasionally Methadone (Not recently)
My main ROA is smoking and rectal (no needles available).
Dose: .1 to .5 daily for around a month.

The first side effect I have is more as common as the next two. I get VERY bad paranoia or anxiety that something is going wrong or im going to die after a dose. Happens after a small dose also. This leads to me checking my blood pressure every hour or two to mske sure nothing is abnormal. I always fine and have learned to ignore the anxiety but is there any info anyone can give me to help this? In the case of an overdose I do not want to put it off thinking its anxiety and have something happen.

The second side effect happened earlier today. After plugging .1 maybe .2 at most I immediately got extremely tired. I felt as if I didnt want to move at all but I did. I couldnt stop yawning. My head felt loopy or very odd. My hands were shakey snd sweaty but this may be the anxiety that I had thinking something was going wrong. I also had depression. I havent redosed yet but after I eat I am going to.

The third side effect I had was last night. I had very unusual pain in my lower abdomin or lymph node area. Alsp kind of seemed numb with pain but cant tell if it actually was. The area was very stiff. I think it was more than just my ltmph node as I have haf an infection called Epdidymitis and I experienced a swelling in the lower lymph nodes. The pain and swelling was different this time. It started an hour and a half after my last dose but lasted only 45 minutes. It started because Im pretty sure I over amped but im not positive. I for the first time ever uses around .7 - 1 gram over a period of 24 hours. I mostly plugged it but did smoke quite a bit. Around 45 minutes after my last dose My heart rate was higher than normal (usually between 90 and 110) and my blood pressure was while resting was 136 over 88. Heart rate was 80 BPM. When it is usually around 120 over 80 when using meth. I checked using a legitmate blood pressure reading device. My head felt a little abnormal almost unfocused. My anxiety was pretty bad but its been much worse. I am not sure if this is caused by meth but I have reason to believe it was because after work I plugged what I had left of my syringe and about 15 minutes later it appeared again. It was 8 hours after the first time. Earlier today I felt it again but not as bad and it was not after a dose. Only lasted around 10 minutes. I do not think it had any correlation to side effect 2 but who knows? Also do you think I did overamp? If so how long do you suggest waiting before a redose.
Hi do you experience chronic dizziness after overdosing? I am 8 weeks post overdose and struggle with this. Pls see my post here. https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/meth-overdose-chronic-dizziness.883511/