• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth binge side effects

unstopable

Greenlighter
Hi, when one may expect serious side effects like hallucinations anger and paranoia if one is taking 20mg-50mg crystal smoked every 6 hours-8? When the dose should be doubled to approach initial effects?

Hi there, that's not really how it works. You may not develop hallucinations or paranoia at any dose - we're all different in how different drugs tend to affect us. Sleep, in particular, can moderate many of these effects, so I recommend you don't dose too frequently and that you make sure you take a break so you can sleep. Also eat and drink plenty of fluids.

I agree with CFC. A lot of those symptoms usually occor after 72 hours of sleep deprivation. The exception is if you're sensitive to stimulants, like I am.

I started hearing things, seeing trees melt, and getting paranoid only a day after my first time on meth. I'm not sure if I slept that night, but I was certainly not binging.

About a month after I started using, started to experience more vivid hallucinations, like somebody as someone else, visions, and sometimes I'd see the world around me as a completely different place. My voices we're commanding me to do things throughout the day, and would sometimes describe how I have to kill somebody. The would warn me about the poison in my food, or tell me something, like a basic fact, which would trigger a full-blown psychotic episode when I'd just been perfectly fine. Psychotic episodes were also triggered by sudden noises and certian colors. The paranoia had become so outlandish that people, even the other tweakers, started accusing me of being schizophrenic and threatening to lock me up in an insane asylum. I was covering anything that might have a hidden camera, and couldn't directly look at any documents or vital information because I could sense the microchip was broadcasting and my ocular implants were recording. "They" were always someone else, the government, my rapist and his goons, aliens from my home planet, or my time travel agency.

The severity of my psychotic symptoms were random and had no correlation between amount used or length of binge. In fact, I still had significant psychotic symptoms throughout my six-month sober period, although not as intense.

I threatened my voices that I would take antipsychotics if they didn't stop being assholes, and then they almost got me to kill my best friend.

I relapsed and almost killed my cat because a book was sending me subliminal messages, then I tried to kill myself. That was again just from one dose, not binge, but I had over amped and slammed a 60.

Let me tell you-anger and paranoia will stay on. Your dopamine and serotonin cups are depleted and you can’t process these as much as you could, so the bad feelings will now dominate whether you like it or not.

Your tolerance goes up (quickly) but the threshold for psychosis does not. When your dosages come up close to that threshold, all the crazy shit begins. Keep going and your mind turns into liquid shit. Not desirable.