• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Meth and wellbutrin together potentiate each other or dull effects?

F1n1shed

Bluelighter
I've already look this up on various threads and there always seems to ve people saying one thing then another person saying the opposite. Wellbutrin inhibits re up take of dopamine and nored... Does that mean it blocks some of meths action on releasing? Or does it make it stronger allowing dopamine to be flowing for longer periods of time.

SSRIs block the effects of MDMA which is why I ask. Please clear this up for me, should I skip wellbutrin and Zoloft on Days of meth or not.

Wellbutrin is a dopamine (and norepi) reuptake inhibitor, just like Ritalin/methylphenidate. Amphetamines and cocaine use the transporter to do what they do, so combining them should be just like taking E on Prozac. I haven't tried it though.

There's no reason to think it potentiates--I can't imagine what that would do to your adrenal systems, but it probably doesn't feel good, the equivalent of serotonin syndrome, but with adrenaline.

That and given all the ways kids grind up and snort and plug their ADD meds, you'd have heard if there was anything to the combo.

ETA: the thing with MDMA, is it actually has a very weak affinity for the transporter, so it has no chance of knocking off an SSRI and getting inside your neurons. THat might not be true with amphetamines, but I know that, for instance, modafinil/Provigil, a weak dopamine reuptake inhibitor, can block cocaine access. Who feels like looking it up? Ok. After dinner.

Thanks i'm thinking it blocks most the effects, meaning more meth to get high. It's hard to tell too when i mix them.. cuz i don't even dose that high with meth. But i have been doing it daily recently, so i'm thinking is that just tolerance fucking with my high or my meds as well. Maybe a bit of both....

So I looked it up now that I ate or took a dump or whatever. Turns out bupropion is the weaker of the interfering substances, enough to show dose dependence. Methylphenidate interferes more, and MDPV blocks it completely:

Findings: Bupropion, methylphenidate, and MDPV inhibited methamphetamine-induced DA release with relative
potencies corresponding to their potencies to block DA uptake (potency ranks: MDPV > methylphenidate > bupropion).​

Simmler et al. BMC Research Notes 2013, 6:220
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1756-0500/6/220

Short and open access, with just the right graphs!
Anyway, yeah, at best it's a waste, and at worst, dangerous to mix the two. But come on, bupropion has a short half life compared to SSRIs. You can plan ahead I think.

Thank you friend. It really does seem to steal the peak off the amphetamine but you still feel something..
Odd how some people say it is making their buzz stronger. O well I'm not gonna mind fuck my self, gonna cut Zoloft in half and not take wellbuty on days of amps

Y'know I quit Zoloft when I became a daily meth user, semi-on purpose (mostly because when you don't have clear mornings or evenings, its easy to forget); sertraline itself is a potent DAT inhibitor, but some kinda pharma woowoo means it's not clinically "relevant". I did it in part so I wouldn't interfere with meth's modest serotonin-releasing, try to keep the binges friendly, right?

Three months later a despondency came on that doesn't make sense, stranger than any I've had before, and I'm usually in bed with despondency most nights; I restarted the Zoloft. Now it's a month in to that, and the flashes of horror still happen, just detached, as to be expected with an SSRI. What this means for you, I have no idea, thought I'd share my bemused feelings.

Most important, I think, is that it's just that harder to cum with the SSRI.

It is indeed harder to cum on SSRIs, i don't want to come off it completely because i get head spins. And my depression will come back bad, as well as bad meth crashes will come. So i will have to do with 50mg... shouldn't interfere with the meth that much...