• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth and stroke symptoms

Dcole461

Bluelighter
Hi all,

So I fell off the abstinent wagon and smoked some last night. Nothing extreme but now I feel weird sensations in my right arm and, not pain, but I'm very "aware" of my right carotid artery. My extremities are very cold (but not blue or anything) but I'm wearing socks and taking hot showers every hour or so. I don't have any classic stroke symptoms. I know I didnt take enough to OD or anything (I just used the little bit that I had left). My question is, has anyone else felt these sort of things before? I'm probably just a little paranoid, but I'd like some seasoned advice. Also, I read online that sitting down while doing meth increases the chance of stroke. I asked the nurse on the nurse line and she laughed at me. But it actually kind of makes sense. I know that if I lie down, my extremities get much colder than if I'm moving around which would suggest that the vasoconstriction is worse when lying down. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for the help green and bluelighters!

I think you're going to be fine. Stimulants as powerful as meth have a tendency to bring out the hypochondriac in the best of us. Stay hydrated, eat healthy foods like fruit and veggies and maybe some lean protein source. Take a low dose of a benzo if available. Otherwise, just try to relax. You don't have any symptoms of a stroke as far as i can tell, just a little tweaked.

If you really are worried though and can't get out of that mindset, the peace of mind of going to the ER to get checked out will put you at ease, but i personally don't think it's neccesary but then again, i'm no doctor!

Thanks for the quick reply! I took an aspirin already, is it safe to take a benzo? Like 0.5 or 1mg of ativan?

Thanks for the quick reply! I took an aspirin already, is it safe to take a benzo? Like 0.5 or 1mg of ativan?
Yes, that will be perfectly safe as long as you haven't taken any other downers.

Yeh sate to take a benzo or two. I'd probably advise it.

The sheer state of focus meth puts you in often just leads to being stationary, if meth and some at home hobby is your cup of tea. By proxy you end up slowing the circulation/altering your blood pressure, amongst many other things. You know this, so I wouldn't worry. As soon as a benzo or two take the edge off try and relax, or think about something that you're looking forward to.

I get soms shitty symptoms, but in legs and feet. I'd. Imagine same situation, the anxiety definitely make it worse.

Good luck and if you are certain something is going on then see a health professional.