• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth and local anesthesia

Dish

Greenlighter
Hi, I’m new here so I hope I’m posting this to the right thread. I’m having trouble finding very much info online about how crystal meth interacts with local anesthesia. I’m having a cosmetic procedure done in two days involving local anesthetic and sedatives. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I also meant to say that meth can very well make the sedative less effective, which means you will be very awake for your procedure, not calm and the experience may be much worse

Is that what you meant about it being extremely dangerous? I was thinking it would be more dangerous to be completely under. Other than what you mentioned about possibly not being as sedated, is there any other reason it would be more dangerous than general anesthesia?

Do you think 12-16 hours is enough time to abstain?

Thank you so much for replying.

I am sorry, what I said was a bit confusing. I meant that having to go completely under anesthesia and simultaneously being on meth could very well be deadly. The anesthesiologist has to calculate exactly how much medicine to give you based on many factors, and meth will completely throw that off, requiring much more than is safe, and they may very well figure out that you're on drugs.

What is the procedure if you don't mind my asking?

The reason they're giving you a sedative in addition to local anesthesia is to make you relax. If you're tweaked out, you definitely won't be relaxed and the procedure may be more painful and stressful for you than it would have otherwise been.

At least 16 hours would be wise. Really good meth can last up to 18 hours. Maybe longer, but I've never heard of that from anyone.

The procedure is liposuction and skin removal of the abdomen. I’ve only been using for about 6 months, off and on. I have no intention of doing it the day of procedure, but I wasnt sure if I should be worried that I did a little earlier today.

The procedure is liposuction and skin removal of the abdomen. I’ve only been using for about 6 months, off and on. I have no intention of doing it the day of procedure, but I wasnt sure if I should be worried that I did a little earlier today.

I don't know a ton about that specific procedure, but I know for sure I'd want to be thoroughly unconscious for it. Not doing meth is a small price to pay in order to not possibly experience a conscious surgical procedure.

I know cocaine and anesthesia is dangerous
I got denied a surgery because I had coke in my system, they said could cause heart attack. He said I could have any other drug in my system except cocaine